Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Piano Recommendations ?

NightOwl

Hey everypony! 

I'll soon be on the market for a new piano of my own currently using an oldish yamaha keyboard my granny kindly lent me to learn the basics and stuff. 

It needs to...

1. Sound Good 

2. Be Well labeled

3. Be in the 100 - 800 price range ( euros )

Also it doesn't matter if it's portable or not. 

Any help will be appreciated :).

D'aww no replies. I assume most people either haven't owned too many pianos (expensive), or don't know the differences. It's a pretty complicated instrument and most of the important pieces are hidden away inside...

The absolute key thing when buying a piano is to play it yourself. It'll be the decider for whether you actually buy it or not. Pianos are one thing that you should never buy online. Go to a retailer for one and check them out there; discover the makes. My standing Yamaha piano is expensive, but has wonderful sound; notwithstanding the need to play it with more force to produce sound than say, a mini grand.

When buying a piano, make sure you learn two things:

• Can you play it with ease? How much force is pianissimo to fortissimo? (It varies with different makes, on some standing pianos it's nigh impossible to play pianissimo on)
  • What are the tuning requirements? Piano tuner fees can be surprisingly different depending on how often a piano needs tuning.

Also, could you be a little clearer on what you mean by "be well labelled"? Do you mean it should be a respectable brand with good reviews?

• Brohoof 1

Also, could you be a little clearer on what you mean by "be well labelled"? Do you mean it should be a respectable brand with good reviews?

What I meant by that was that the keys themselves be labeled with A, B, C ect. Thank's for your post will definitely go to a retailer and try one out :)

What I meant by that was that the keys themselves be labeled with A, B, C ect. Thank's for your post will definitely go to a retailer and try one out smile.png

Ah, is that still a requirement? Well, in that case, you should only make an investment like this if you're sure it'll be worthwhile. Memorising the locations of the keys is extremely helpful in learning music faster, as you can link notes on a page to notes on the piano like it's second nature when you can. Only label them if you absolutely must - it looks miles less appealing once they're still there after getting the hang of it!

• Brohoof 1