Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament (FULL!)

Literally Snails

(edited)

@

(Uhm... he's still in the ring? Just outside the alchemy circle. It's large, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't take up the whole ring.)

Swordpoint glared at the announcer. "Insane? You call me insane for not wanting to take a life? Rune is not a bloodthirsty killer, so I will not stain my hooves with his death."

The crowd booed and began to throw things at him. Angrily, Swordpoint rose into the air and trained his lance on the spectators. "But I have no problem killing ALL of you! Now silence yourselves or you will face my lance!"

Edited by Justin_ZW

Radio's eyes narrowed, "I do not see you down here fighting me for this brutish tradition. However, there is plenty of quartz around. If you'd like, you may become the first casualty." Her horn glowed and the air surrounding her began to grow warm. This heat cloud travled to a patch of grass that wilted and died.

@

(Uhm... he's still in the ring? Just outside the alchemy circle. It's large, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't take up the whole ring.)

Swordpoint glared at the announcer. "Insane? You call me insane for not wanting to take a life? Rune is not a bloodthirsty killer, so I will not stain my hooves with his death."

The crowd booed and began to throw things at him. Angrily, Swordpoint trained his lance on the spectators. "But I have no problem killing ALL of you! Now silence yourselves or you will face my lance!"

"STOP THE FIGHT IMMEDIATELY!" The stadium's loudspeakers said in the voice of a middle aged mare.

"Huh?" Topaz questioned. "Would the Tournament committee explain themselves? Why have you stopped this fight?"

"The Tournament rule's state that a player who is not in play may not be given any sort of treatment or modification by another player against their will. As Rune Breaker was being given a ten count, he was considered out of play."

"Since... when did we start paying attention to that?"

"As will cannot be determined, and as Rune Breaker is considered out of play, Swordpoint is found guilty of illegal actions outside of the ring, and is disqualified from the Dark Tournament."

"As a lover and fan of this tournament, I must object!"

"There will be no further deliberations."

The audience began throwing trash into Topaz's announcer box. "SHUT UP TOPAZ!" An audience member yelled. "YEAH, IT'S PERFECTLY FAIR!"

The ref looked horribly confused. "Does that mean... Rune Breaker is the winner?"

(Sorry about this, but I need one of you to be an example of the tournament committee's corruption, and Swordpoint is too much of a good guy not to be targeted.)

Radio's eyes narrowed, "I do not see you down here fighting me for this brutish tradition. However, there is plenty of quartz around. If you'd like, you may become the first casualty." Her horn glowed and the air surrounding her began to grow warm. This heat cloud travled to a patch of grass that wilted and died.

The ref screamed and jumped away from Mao and ran to the side of the ring as far from Mao as possible. "Oh my god, that's hot!" he said, "I'll continue my ten count from over here! THREE! ...FOUR! ...FIVE!"

(If aRegularPony doesn't post soon, I'll wrap up this ten-count so we can get on with the tournament.)

@,  @,

Mao looked at the grass. He was going to die. The thoughts of the other ponies still roaring in his mind. Instead of crying of whatever ponies normally did when they were dying, he started to laugh. First, it was barely noticeable, but it slowly grew into a laugh of insanity. "Count out or death! Hurry up then!"

Radio blinked at the pony. She ignored his laugh, she'd heard the same from drug addicts and the dying. She ran a hoof across the underside of his cheek and forced it to move so it was wound-up. "You'll live, if you continue laying down. And if you keep living, maybe you'll find what you're looking for," she whispers in his ear.

@,  @,

Mao looked at the grass. He was going to die. The thoughts of the other ponies still roaring in his mind. Instead of crying of whatever ponies normally did when they were dying, he started to laugh. First, it was barely noticeable, but it slowly grew into a laugh of insanity. "Count out or death! Hurry up then!"

"Just for the record, I don't usually take orders from the fighter's I'm trying to ref, but considering this is actually in the rules..." The ref continued his count. "SIX! ...SEVEN! ...EIGHT!"

"COME ON MAO, GET BACK UP! I GOT TOO MUCH MONEY ON THIS FIGHT!" The audience ordered.

"FINNISH HIM OFF, TRAGEDY!"

(edited)

(I'm changing this based on Fivefs' response. I was just going to have him kill himself, but this'll work, too.)

Swordpoint felt his stomach clench. "What?! But that's... you cannot do this!"

The audience angrily threw debris at him, calling him a weakling.

"NO! I will kill you!" He rose into the air and readied his lance. He gritted his teeth at the spectators, ready to charge.

Edited by Justin_ZW

She pin-pointed a few members of the audience, ponies she identified as high-energy points. Swiftly and secretly, she cause the air inside their noses to become irradiated. She did not look away as their high doses cause them to double over and vomit and cry blood as their bodies wasted away. "He is still a member of the tournament, and he is off-limits. I can still hear what happened in the other arena echoing of the walls, and I'm not about to risk this myself.

(edited)

"S"

"I-I... I o-object." Rune Breaker grimaced his eyes open and struggling to rise. "I was j-just playing possum. Ha. Ha." He grit his teeth against the pain as he shakily got to his feet. "Obviously he noticed and wanted to finish the fight on his terms..." He stumbled forward falling once then rising again to stand next to the still glowing circle.

"How bout we finish this right Swordpoint..."

Edited by Fivefs

@@Fivefs, @

Swordpoint glanced down at Rune. He was in bad shape, barely able to stand. What...? He's lying to them... He was unconscious when I teleported him out... A pang of realization came to him. He intends for me to win.

He faced the announcer. "Well?! What do you say to this?! He was very much alive when I brought him out!" He dropped back down to the ground and faced Rune.

"What are you doing?" he whispered. "You can barely stand. Surely you don't mean to finish the fight?"

(edited)

@,@@Fivefs,  

(Swordpoint was disqualified, remember?)

Several audience members in the front rows were killed.

"Oh wow!" Topaz said, "Some of the audience seems to have been vaporized! That's the kind of audience participation you can only expect from the Dark Tournament!" Topaz leaned over her box and saw the ref cowering behind Rune Breaker. "Juri," She called, "We need you to call the winner of the fight!"

No responce.

"All the cute stallions are watching!"

The ref slowly stood up and picked up her microphone.

"Well we see where your motivation lies..."

The ref looked at Rune Breaker, then spoke into her microphone. "Well... as Swordpoint has been disqualified... THE WINNER BY DEFAULT IS RUNE BREAKER! Rune Breaker, do you want to say anything to the audience before you move on?"

She pin-pointed a few members of the audience, ponies she identified as high-energy points. Swiftly and secretly, she cause the air inside their noses to become irradiated. She did not look away as their high doses cause them to double over and vomit and cry blood as their bodies wasted away. "He is still a member of the tournament, and he is off-limits. I can still hear what happened in the other arena echoing of the walls, and I'm not about to risk this myself.

@,  @,

"NINE! ...AND TEN!" The ref completed the countdown. "AND THE WINNER BY KNOCKOUT IS RADIOACTIVE TRAGEDY!" The ref offered his microphone to the winner. "Anything you want to say?"

@,  @@drawingpandapony,  

"Artemis Skyknight and Crimson Grinn, you are on deck for the third stadium ring. Please prepare to report as soon as Radioactive Tragedy is removed from the ring. You will be called shortly."

(Ragestar, if panda Pony doesn't reply soon, Ill add my own oc for you to fight.)

Edited by Topaz

(edited)

@

(Well now that I've already changed it, why not roll with it? I mean, now we have a weird looking thread. Besides, that's really cheap anyway and you know it. Fivefs wants to keep the fight going, so I don't see the point in just using some cheap cop-out when he's willing to keep it going.

If you'd put him at a disadvantage of some sort, that would be a little more fair, but you're interrupting a fair fight to say I just lose by default.)

Edited by Justin_ZW

@, Standoff watched and thanked his lucky stars he hadn't been against ANY of the ponies he'd just witnessed. He figured he may as well eat something, those last fights had taken a while...

(Topaz, when's my next match? There's only so much I can do from the lobby.)

Radio looks out over the crowd slowly, debating whether or not to kill them. It would be easy, split an atom in the bleachers and watch them blow. She turns to the ref and shakes her head no, "I have nothing to say to these people. Make sure this one receives medical attention. As far as I'm concerned, he's mine." She taps Mao's shoulder to indicated who she was talking about, before leaving the arena. She stops at the door and looks back out at the crowd. To gain favor is to survive. It is to my advantage to give them a small show. She shoots few colored magic missiles in the air, an old trick. They detonated and formed a few colored shapes as she walked back to the waiting room.

(edited)

@,@@Fivefs,

(Swordpoint was disqualified, remember?)

Several audience members in the front rows were killed.

"Oh wow!" Topaz said, "Some of the audience seems to have been vaporized! That's the kind of audience participation you can only expect from the Dark Tournament!" Topaz leaned over her box and saw the ref cowering behind Rune Breaker. "Juri," She called, "We need you to call the winner of the fight!"

No responce.

"All the cute stallions are watching!"

The ref slowly stood up and picked up her microphone.

"Well we see where your motivation lies..."

The ref looked at Rune Breaker, then spoke into her microphone. "Well... as Swordpoint has been disqualified... THE WINNER BY DEFAULT IS RUNE BREAKER! Rune Breaker, do you want to say anything to the audience before you move on?"

(We made some changes cause I was running slow replying so are we allowed to continue? What is the committees decision? Sorry I'm still having problems sending and receiving so if you have already posted sorry haha Whatever you decide I'd like to continue a little a better end would be nice haha)

"STOP THE FIGHT IMMEDIATELY!"

(Sorry to post again did you see what I posted to have Rune get up after the disqualifying call? So the explosion never happened [yet] at least for me I'm wait for the committees response. To Runes try to justify Swordpoint. If they choose to say Rune is lieing and disqualify Swordpoint still that's ok. I just want to be able to have my character give his say too.)

Edited by Fivefs

@ Lady Rainicorn

"Original? Oh, why not?" Goldre suggested. "Maybe we'll start with a simple Cutie Mark talent trick."

Goldre sat squarely on the ground. She crouched, then shot straight upwards. She flew higher, higher, and higher. When the arena was a mere blip, only then did she rocket down, down down. She timed it right, so a funnel formed at the peak of her nosedive. When she reached the exact level of Silver, she reflected upwards, creating a golden shockwave.

@@TheBreech,

Dreams decided to ditch the claws and flew up to dodge the blades. Then, she thought of something to do for a moment.

"Okay...so...he should be quite busy using that magic and levitate all of those objects. I doubt he could teleport on me now, and if he does, he has to drop all the items. It's a win-win situation." 

She dashed right up in Cosmo's face and smirked. She brought back her legs, aimed for the horn, and let her legs shoot toward the horn, hoping for the best. 

@

Silver Storm anticipated Goldre coming back down when she sky rocketed up into the sky. Oddly enough she was flying a little faster than he could go.

"Ok now!" Silver said preparing his hoof again and formed another hoof tornado. He finished it just in time as Goldre went down for a nose-dive, Silver realized a little too late she was going to do a variation of the infamous Sonic Rainboom (I assume)  as a gold shock-wave was released upon him.

He then put his hurricane hoof in front of him although instead of using it offensively he would use it defensively. With little reaction time he punched the golden shock wave. The impact of both forces colliding sent him flying back straight into the audience. 

"Ooof." Silver Storm said as he collided against some of the audience members and into the stadiums seats.

(edited)

Crimson shot his head up once he heard his name being called, he then smiled "finally I get to kick some flank!" Exclaimed crimson happily, as he rushed out of the infermery, "I guess rune breaker is a no show,and that means he must still be in the fight! Well whoever wins I just hope they both survive." Thought crimson, as he made his way through the arena entrie way, and trotted into the ring smiling confidently, "who's flank should I kick first!?" He yelled to the audience, still grinning. "This is gonna be awsome." He thought happily, as he trotted into the middle of the arena. Crimson smiled devilishly, as he took off his cloak and hat and threw it off to the side, he then unsheathed his sword, helios, and lifted it into the sky, as it gleamed brilliantly in the sunlight, he then aimed the sword downward and stabbed it firmly into the ground. Crimson then turned to face the announcer box with a slightly crazed grinn, "tell my opponent to get out here, so that I can kick his flank!" He said confildently.

Edited by ragestar

@@TheBreech,

Dreams decided to ditch the claws and flew up to dodge the blades. Then, she thought of something to do for a moment.

"Okay...so...he should be quite busy using that magic and levitate all of those objects. I doubt he could teleport on me now, and if he does, he has to drop all the items. It's a win-win situation." 

She dashed right up in Cosmo's face and smirked. She brought back her legs, aimed for the horn, and let her legs shoot toward the horn, hoping for the best. 

(OOC: This stayed with Cosmo even when he teleported, and he didn't use it against the tunnel attack because he'd get cut by his own blades. )

Cosmo lowered himself to the ground but kept some of his magic ready to dodge if Dreams drilled up into him.

"Alright Dreams... then let us Dance" Cosmo whispered before ducking under her kick and leaping a safe distance. Cosmo unsheathed his swords, The Black Swans, and the audience roared with excitement, knowing this meant Cosmo was tired of playing defensive. "The Blood Wind is useless at this point, might as well save my energy for this!" Cosmo thought as he restrained Dreams' wings with telekinesis, disabling her flight. Cosmo grew up learning how to kill all kinds of ponies, so he knew countless weaknesses for each type, including his own. "If she severely damages my horn, forgot the fight, I'll be out of the tournament," Cosmo charged, making sure to avoid any attacks at his face and slicing at Dreams with his twin swords. He used his telekinesis to maintain his balance and enhance his physical abilities, leaving no opening for Dreams to counter attack. "If she forces me to teleport again, I might have to give her the victory... Until then," Cosmo thought as he swung his blade at Dreams' legs, hoping to disable her.

@ Lady Rainicorn

The impact also force Goldre further than she had intended. She spiralled for a moment before catching herself.

A cloud covered the sun. Slowly, Goldre's colors began to reverse. Blue became orange and orange became blue ((they're opposites)). Pretty soon, a light blue WindBreaker with a darker blue mane that had an orange stripe through it descended. Goldre noticed how the crowd looked at her funny. She glanced down at herself. She had become Terror Night ((Terrorite)).

"Oh, crap!" Goldre yelled. "Not now!"

Her eyes turned midnight blue and she fazed out for a moment. She suddenly snapped back, holding herself as an entirely different pony.

"Who's the next victim," she growled in a completely different voice. "Terrorite's hungry."

Her Cutie Mark transformed to evil eyes and enormous fangs sprouted from her mouth.

"Terrorite smells blood! Terrorite wants blood! Terrorite spills blood," Terrorite said. "Terrorite kills all victims...no survivors."

Terrorite spotted Silver.

"Run, little pony. Terrorite's coming," she grinned cruely. Her pupils became slits. She pounced at Silver, claws unfurling from her hooves. Spikes jutted up her back, and her hair style reversed to a crooked swipe-back.

(edited)

@

"Ahh...If only I knew she was going to do that." Silver Storm said as he pulled himself from the small crater that was left when he crashed into it. Luckily his wings were still usable. Looked like all those times training them were paying off.

"What the hell!!!" Silver cursed looking at another pony who was Goldre but at the same time wasn't. Terrorite as she was now calling herself was completely different from earlier. She didn't bare the innocent eyes that Goldre had. Instead it was something that shook Silver to his core.

"She must have a weird personality disorder." Silver said before Terrorite pounced hon him. He could see her fangs and claws as she bared them ready to kill.

"Darn it, I really don't want to kill you......."  Silver muttered as he struggled to get the deranged mare off of him.

"Now , Get OFF OF ME!" Silver shouted trying to  slam himself on the stadium wall to get Goldre off.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

@ Lady Rainicorn

"Terrorite hungers!" Terrorite roared. She slashed at Silver, but her claws got caught in somepony's tail behind her. Terrorite turned, pulling hard. The pony shrieked in horror as most of her tail got shaved off. Terrorite snarled at her. Silver took the advantage to crawl back into the ring. Terrorite's wings leathered and she took to the air.

"Foolish foals, do you not see? This is not a mere game! It is-" Terrorite never finished her sentence, for the cloud had moved and now she was exposed to sunlight. Her skin shed rapidly until Goldre hovered where Terrorite once flew.

"Urgh," she moaned. "I... hate... the lack... of sunlight."

Her normal demeanor restored, she surged over the crowd's heads and back into the ring.

(edited)

@,

Silver took his moment to rest and catch his breathe. The sun was out again which was a good thing ,but he was still confused as to what happened. One moment Goldre was normal and the next she goes totally insane. Silver Storm felt a bit betrayed as he promised he wasn't going to kill her but she had the look of a murderer and with no second thoughts on killing him at the moment.

As 'Goldre' re-entered the ring Silver Storm took a pre-cautious step back. "WHO ARE YOU?!" Silver snarled at the mare.She didn't look as she did a moment before the sunlight was blocked. What in the world was going on here.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

This needs to be finished up, sharpish. That crowd's looking angry. You know what to do? Yes. Back in a couple minutes.

Red always hated going in somepony else's mind. He never knew what he'd find in there. The pegasus he'd jumped into the head of had put altogether too much money on Goldre winning this fight. Fortunately, Red was here to help. Hello! I was just over here and thought I'd lend a hand. Did you see how that pegasus went all screwy when that cloud went over the sun? What- who are you? Nopony important. Now answer the question. Well, yes, but what are you getting at? Think you could whip up some cloud cover? I can almost guarantee Goldre will win. Really? Look, I don't know who you are, but so much is on the line here I'll try anything. Good to hear! I'm out!

A dark grey pegasus flew out from the crowd and started making a cloud right above the arena.

(I can bend the rules, too!)@@,