Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronydom growing in South Africa

Sylvester

Hi everypony, Silverstar here from South Africa!

Over the last few months I have been trying to expand the numbers of bronies in Southern Africa and I am proud to say that I have succeeded in converting a hand full of bronies! You see, I saw through close analysis of social networking and the forum meet-up map I concluded that the number of bronies in South Africa is dangerously low.

So I took it upon myself to spread bronydom to South Africa!!! Now to introduce them to the forums...

• Brohoof 11

That's awesome! We need more international bronies on the forums. I'm just curious, are there many bronies in South Africa, and what was their reaction when you told them about MLP? Who knows, maybe you'll recruit enough of them for South Africa to get it's own Brony con soon! :)

Totsiens! :)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

No, there aren't, or weren't as far as I am aware of, so far it's just me and the people I converted. Hopefully we will be able to convert more bronies. Fist they thought it was absolute nonsense, but after I showed them some things ( pictures, songs and some videos) most of the girls in my class laughed and a very few actually recalled seeing it (I'm surprised they did since I never saw it on television) and asked if they could watch some episodes on my phone with me. And the boys, well the boys were predictably rude and named me names but one (Thank heavens not all of us are selfish and insensitive) showed some interest and asked questions and asked if he could watch the episode too. I am so exited, this is soooo cool!!! Now I am working on introducing them to the forums. Already I see the anxiety and impatience for the next episode in their eyes and behaviour!!!!!! :D

Oh and Baie dankie, ek waardeer die vertaling!!! As dit 'n vertaling was, hehe :)

Edited by Silverstar
  • Brohoof 3

• 3 months later...

YES!!! I FINALLY FOUND A FELLO SOUTH AFRICAN! Im serious. It is just by accident that I found out about the hype about this show and tried an episode. I am an closet brony tho. Not even closest friends know. Anyway, hello from Cape Town!!

Ek hoop alles gaan goed daarso!

• Brohoof 2

That is excellent news. Love and tolerance on a worldwide scale. Brohoofs to you all, from all the way across the Atlantic, and across the equator.

P.S. Rumor has it that there is a place in South Africa called Equestria...

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

Hey i'm also a brony in SA and this is awesome, I didn't think that there were any other bronies here now we can spread the magic twice as fast. I'm still getting my other friends to become bronies, but i'm making headway :D.

Edited by Crank1998
Minor progress edits.

WOOO! South African bronies exist! I thought I was the only one. *Throws hat in air* I didn't know that the bronism was even growing in SA. I mean I wear my Rainbow Dash T-shirt, but I had to make it myself. DAMN YOU INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING FEES!

I think I should start converting my fellows to the international church of celestia. Hmmm...

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

We are gonna need a Conversion Bureau soon enough. :ph34r:

HERESY!

Also, South Africa? Well, not to shit on your feelings and so but i heard very unpleasent things about South Africa.

It's apparently the capital of....you know what? Forget what i said.