If bronydom became a real religion

khaine21x3

Brony religion  

100 users have voted

1. 1. Would you join a brony religion?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Would you abandon your faiths and join the new religion? do you think that it will be better for society compared to the older religions?

I don't see why it can't be if Scientology manage to be recognized as a religion and it should be pretty interesting to see haters get charged for hate crimes.

• Brohoof 1

I would.most definetely!  behind the bronies is a very positive message  that more people would benefit from.  Heck if everyone got behind a 'brony religion'  then the world would be a much better place.  but i would not become a jahooveus witness and cram "love and tolerance down everyone else's throat.

Edited by angels_gal
  • Brohoof 3

Saying no because I personally hate religions. I was raised with a religion I didn't believe in/understand and when I told my family I was an Aiethist, they were very dissapointed in me. That's more personal experience, but yea. :P

Also, bronydom isn't really religion material. It's based off a TV show for little girls. And I don't think a lot of us actually believe in the fact that Equestria exists (Unless you believe in Realms and Dimensions. Which I somewhat do, but not sure about anyone else). So it would be /very/ hard getting anyone interested.

Edited by Firebolt
  • Brohoof 4

Wait, bronydom isn't already a religion? You'd think with all those missionaries, fundamentalists, craz--oh, nevermind.

There's really no point in a brony religion. What's the purpose? Is it about love and tolerance (something that many other religions and secular humanism already promote)? Is it about worshipping horses? What would it be?

So, no, I wouldn't join it. I'm already a Jedi, after all.

• Brohoof 2

hlcHo.png

Depends on the prophet of this 'religion', things can go astronomically destructive or utterly stupid that the mainstream media can't help but to shake its collective head for our stupidity.

While I don't really understand why Scientology is popular, pretty sure it's because it is not based on a Saturday cartoon for girls, not to mention worshipping a clearly fictional shiny horse would only ensure that historians in the far future will use us as a prime example of "doing it wrong"

Nope, not gonna join.

• Brohoof 4

Oh hell no, yes the brony message is a positive one but making it a religion just seems to be asking for trouble. While I am not one of those people who is saying that religion is the cause of all problems that has ever plagued mankind I will admit that it can complicate things in cases where it doesn't belong. There are many different types of bronies with varying degrees on interest in the show and some disagreements over what direction the show should take in certain situations and this can in some cases such as the "Derpy wars" get a bit ugly. And bronies represent many different religious and political beliefs so what would their creed be and exactly who would get to decide that? Love and tolerate are all well and good but I have seen many people screw even that up, there are people that seem to think love and tolerate= political correctness when political correctness can often be just as intolerant as straight up racism.

• Brohoof 1

If bronyism became a religion I would envision it being something akin to secular Buddhism - in other words, less of a religion per se than a school of thought. The Elements of Harmony could be analogous to the Six Perfections of Buddhism. Traits we should all seek to emulate if we wish to be better people and create a better world.

So...maybe...

However, a school of philosophy based around ideas like the Elements of Harmony but not expressly associated with MLP? Yes, definitely yes.

Edited by Sky Nomad
  • Brohoof 2

Wait, bronydom isn't already a religion? You'd think with all those missionaries, fundamentalists, craz--oh, nevermind.

There's really no point in a brony religion. What's the purpose? Is it about love and tolerance (something that many other religions and secular humanism already promote)? Is it about worshipping horses? What would it be?

So, no, I wouldn't join it. I'm already a Jedi, after all.

1.Tax Exemption for religious organizations in certain countries

2.replacing ancient religions that promotes hate and intolerance with one that promotes love and tolerance

I guess  it could be more of a secular religion based on secular humanitarianism with some MLP artworks in the religious buildings to make it look legit.I think that #2 alone is good enough of a reason.

Also, bronydom isn't really religion material. It's based off a TV show for little girls. And I don't think a lot of us actually believe in the fact that Equestria exists (Unless you believe in Realms and Dimensions. Which I somewhat do, but not sure about anyone else). So it would be /very/ hard getting anyone interested.

Exactly. As much as we may wish it to be untrue; MLP is temporary. eventually it will end, or change into something else entirely. and trying to convince someone of Realms/Dimensions you said would be...well interesting to say the least

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really a religious person anyway...

Okay, real talk for a second?

I doubt it could be a religion or considered one. It's just a show about magical ponies going on adventures promoting friendship.

Okay, Brony mode activate.

WHY ISN'T IT A RELIGION!? *Look at my ava*

Edited by Supernova

Bronies are fans of a TV show. A fictional TV show. It's not a religion at all. It's a fandom of a television series.

How would there be spirituality in that? Princess Celestia, the closest thing to a goddess the series has, is universally accepted as a work of fiction. It could never be like other religions where they believe the deity to exist.

Love and tolerance? Really? You think because of some motto that's thrown around that, in reality holds practically no meaning, that a "brony" religion would be peaceful? Think about it: Currently, we have arguments about who the "best pony" is. Think that wouldn't escalate further if there were a religion behind it? People fight over religious figures daily.

• Brohoof 2

1.Tax Exemption for religious organizations in certain countries

Terrible reason. Religion should have nothing to do with taxes and government. The government shouldn't favor the establishment of religion through tax exemption in the first place.

2.replacing ancient religions that promotes hate and intolerance with one that promotes love and tolerance

I guess  it could be more of a secular religion based on secular humanitarianism with some MLP artworks in the religious buildings to make it look legit.I think that #2 alone is good enough of a reason.

Really, now? Say what you will about Christianity or Islam or whatnot, but to say that they promote hate and intolerance? Please. Love and tolerance was literally Jesus' message. Those "ancient religions," at their hearts, are good. They aimed to offer guidance to the people and give them a sense of purpose. It's the political shenanigans and power-hungry officials that screw them up. Religion has been used as an excuse for war since the very beginning.

Everything you said here is nothing new. Except for the part with ponies. And ponies should never be a part of religion.

• Brohoof 6

Bronies are fans of a TV show. A fictional TV show. It's not a religion at all. It's a fandom of a television series.

How would there be spirituality in that? Princess Celestia, the closest thing to a goddess the series has, is universally accepted as a work of fiction. It could never be like other religions where they believe the deity to exist.

Don't see any problem there, even a novel writer could turn his works into a religion so any significant amount of brony could probably get a legally recognized religion.Religions don't have to believe in a god or some supernatural elements.

• Brohoof 1

I think bronydom would fit better under a philosophy, as there really isn't a prophet, there really is just a way to live your life, and maybe you guys disagree, but I think I would hone in some of the practices.

• Brohoof 2

hlcHo.png

This picture sums up my feelings on this matter. It's just a TV show, people. If it were to become something important to you as a religions are to the people that adhere to them, it might be time for some critical self-evaluation.
  • Brohoof 1

Mm, I hate to be a neigh sayer, but it'd be very unrealistic to make a Brony religion. If anything it would just bring more haters toward us. I like the way the fandom is going now. Kinda staying out of the way and really supporting the world. There are so many good will brony organizations, such as Bronies for Good, Ponies at Home as well as these forums with the Making Christmas Merrier. We've raised and unbelievable amount of money for the cause. 

I think we will make a better impression to the masses by just staying the way we are right now, helping those who need it and now trying to cram another useless "religion" down peoples throats. 

• Brohoof 1

As awesome as it would be to have a religion based off of love and tolerance and us worshiping the almighty Princess Celestia, the fact that it was based off a TV show kind of ruins the possibility of it being true.

Would you abandon your faiths and join the new religion? do you think that it will be better for society compared to the older religions?

I don't see why it can't be if Scientology manage to be recognized as a religion and it should be pretty interesting to see haters get charged for hate crimes.

Mormons......Some guy digs up a book in his backyard and says its the lost testimate of Jesus Christ AND it can be only read with his magic glasses.....Hey, I wasn't there but if that can become a religion, anything can.

Edited by Obsidian_Winter

Mormans......Some guy digs up a book in his backyard and says its the lost testimate of Jesus Christ AND it can be only read with his magic glasses.....Hey, I wasn't there but if that can become a religion, anything can.

lol spell Mormon correctly before you go about bashing it. I'm a Mormon myself soooo Mormon represent right here!

But uh, jeez the idea of there being a religion based off of cartoon horses. Wooow this one's hard to form an opinion of. I don't see anything wrong at all with it being a group of thoughts, but it would be very hard to actually make some deity system that people actually believed.

Edited by Lord Bababa