Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Embarrassing Brony Moments

MilBrony

Embarrassing Brony Moments  

304 users have voted

1. 1. Where do your Embarrassing Brony Moments happen?

• Work
    • School
    • Public Areas (Walmart/ Park/ etc)
    • Other

Since I have been managing IT & the servers at my school (IT does not know bull crap) I have been urging the teachers to move to chrome. Also recommend adblock

Most of the computers at my school have chrome... at least the ones in the technical center. I would get a better browser, but they only succeed in slowing down my internet even further.

Well you see I'm an animator and I released a cartoon called "My Little Brony" for fun. It now has 36,000 views. My most viewed work is a horse cartoon that I honestly don't even like and that's incredibly embarrassing, at least to me.

Well you see I'm an animator and I released a cartoon called "My Little Brony" for fun. It now has 36,000 views. My most viewed work is a horse cartoon that I honestly don't even like and that's incredibly embarrassing, at least to me.

Oh my gosh! Man I'm subcribed to you, your animations rock! You need to make my little brony 2 already man!

My most viewed work is a horse cartoon that I honestly don't even like and that's incredibly embarrassing, at least to me.

Maybe you shouldn't have made that video then. Making fun of others is wrong.

• Brohoof 1

I was bored during a maths exam, so when I finished with about half an hour to go, I resorted to doodling on my spare paper.  :P The look on the examiner's face when she saw my A4 sheet size drawing of the mane 6 was pure gold!  :lol: And yet, everyone else also looked over at the sheet of paper and what I'd drawn...and thats when I realised how screwed I was.

• Brohoof 4

I haven't been a brony for long enough to have any really crazy embarrassing moments.  I also just straight up told my friends and family cause I hate the feeling of trying to hide stuff from people.  That being said, I do tend to hide any merch that I have from anyone in my family, simply to avoid any eye rolling, or awkward feelings.  I get embarrassed just like everypony else, but just knowing that if 99% of all of my friends and family would actually give MLP a chance and try a few episodes, I know without a doubt they would be hooked to it.  From the time my initial brony shock stopped, I have been very open about it.  The closest thing to an embarrassing brony moment that I have had, is when I got to class early(i'm in college), and nopony was there yet so I decided that I wanted to change all of the wallpapers on the computers in the room, to ponies. B)   I was only on the second computer when another student walked in.  She clearly saw the picture of Twilight that was on the screen, but did not look at me weird in any way.  The only reason I felt at all embarrassed is that I bailed when I realized she had seen it.  I honestly would not have been embarrassed one bit if I had just owned up to it.

• Brohoof 1

I was riding in the car with some friends, trying to back to school from a hiking trip. We had my Ipod plugged in playing music and we were all singing along. :lol: It was great!

Then, the current song, All Star (everytime I hear it I keep thinking of Shrek is Love shrek is life darn it!!!), ended, and the next song that came on was Moonrise a Symphonic Metal Opera, a 25 minute opera about the rise of Nightmare Moon.

My friends, who by the way arn't bronies, but know that I am, ask, "What IS this?!"

I'm feeling pretty awkward, and mutter, "Ummm...Its called Moonrise..." :squee:

Theyre like "Should we listen to it?"

"Well, if you really want to listen to a 25 minute metal opera..."

"Nope, lets change it!"

Weirdness crisis averted

• Brohoof 1

Maybe you shouldn't have made that video then. Making fun of others is wrong.

Man, I think you might actually be only the second guy who I've seen interpret it that way. No, the cartoon was made out of fandom, not malice.

(And no, it's not the CollegeHumor video.)

But yeah I generally regard it as one of my worst works simply because of how bad all the animation and writing is, that's what's embarrassing about it.

Man, I think you might actually be only the second guy who I've seen interpret it that way. No, the cartoon was made out of fandom, not malice.

(And no, it's not the CollegeHumor video.)

But yeah I generally regard it as one of my worst works simply because of how bad all the animation and writing is, that's what's embarrassing about it.

...I kind of liked it... :/ I don't really care if the animation is bad. Sure, it's better if it's good, but if it makes me laugh, (it did,) it's ohke! :3

My most embarrassing Brony moment would had to have been when I decided to wear a Doctor Whooves T-shirt out, and go to Starbucks. When I went up to the counter to order my Cafe Mocha (Oh Yesss) the lady who was working the register gave me this look of disgust. I was confused and asked her if something was wrong, which she then replied; "I like Doctor Who, but when people try to ponify it that's just to far." Everybody behind the counter then proceeded to give me the same look of disgust. I ignored her statement, ordered my coffee, and left; feeling quite judged the whole time. Needless to say I never went back to that Starbucks.  :okiedokielokie:

Edited by EchoPone
  • Brohoof 4

My most embarrassing Brony moment would had to have been when I decided to wear a Doctor Whooves T-shirt out, and go to Starbucks. When I went up to the counter to order my Cafe Mocha (Oh Yesss) the lady who was working the register gave me this look of disgust. I was confused and asked her if something was wrong, which she then replied; "I like Doctor Who, but when people try to ponify it that's just to far." Everybody behind the counter then proceeded to give me the same look of disgust. I ignored her statement, ordered my coffee, and left; feeling quite judged the whole time. Needless to say I never went back to that Starbucks. :okiedokielokie:

Sorry to hear that. Can't some people take a clever joke like making a pony that resembles Dr. Who. Just people being creative sheesh, so many insensitive people.
  • Brohoof 6

1. I'm sitting in my room watching Magical Mystery Cure when I go to grab something on my night stand. When trying to grab it, my ear buds unplug as A True True Friend is ending. My brother must've heard :(

2. I'm sitting with my friends most of which don't know I like MLP when one of them asks what shows I watch. Now, I'm unlike my entire class in my hobbles. Before I knew it, this conversation happened:
Classmate 1: What shows do you watch?
Me: Oh y'know, shows
Classmate 2: Is it embarrassing?
Classmate 3 (knows I watch MLP): Ya, it is pretty embarrassing
Classmate 4: Pokemon? (I had watched Pokemon in the past)
Me: I don't watch Pokemon anymore.
Classmate 2: It's on Cartoon Network, isn't it?
Me: No
Classmate 4: Is it Anime?
Classmate 3: What's animate?
Me: Japanese cartoon, and yes, I do watch anime. That's not the embarrassing part though. It's kinda babyish.
Classmate 1: Dora the Explorer?
Classmate 2: Sofia the First?
Classmate 3: It's not on Nick Jr.

They were so close to finding out, and this happened Friday. I bet they'll find out next week

3. I'm pming a Minecraft friend on Skype when she decides to Google my Skype username, which happens to me this username. She then sends the message "How do you feel about Fluttershy?"

Edited by RivkaBobble
  • Brohoof 2

Sorry to hear that. Can't some people take a clever joke like making a pony that resembles Dr. Who. Just people being creative sheesh, so many insensitive people.

It's all good. Unfortunately, Many people can't take a joke or accept others creativity. It's just the world we live in, sadly. Guess you just have to learn to deal with the people that don't accept you; and just stick with those who do. Some people are insensitive, indeed. 

My mom almost found out I was a brony. While trying to fix my internet, she opened up another tag and MLP Forums came up for the suggested sites. It went down like this.

Mom: What's MLP?

Me: Uh... just a website.

Mom: What's the website about?

Me: A cartoon.

Mom: It's not a bad one is it?

Me: No!

She then just stared at me for a few minutes. She was about to ask something else, but thankfully the phone rang and she went to answer it.

Close call.

Just saying, that is so a scene that would happen at my house :P
  • Brohoof 1

While I haven't had such a moment, it does make me feel awkward whenever I buy pony meechandise.

Other people stare at me.

• Brohoof 1

My worst would be a few months ago. To shed a little light on the situation, I've known my current boss for a few years now, because my brother and I go/went to school with his kids. I've also purchased my car off of him, and he's employed me for about a year now, as a lube technician (no, not THAT lube, oil changes and car service).

My brother hangs out with his oldest son all the time, because they are classmates. I had to go over and pick him up one night, and I forgot I was wearing one of my MLP shirts, particularly a Rainbow Dash/Dark Side of the Moon shirt (You guys will know what I mean if you google it).

Anyway, I walked into his house to pick my brother up, and a few people pointed out. They made a few jokes about it (I'm pretty sure I was called gay at one point), but regardless, it was really embarrassing. It also didn't help he didn't leave it alone for the next work week. I'm pretty sure he's forgotten about by now, though.

• Brohoof 1

3. I'm pming a Minecraft friend on Skype when she decides to Google my Skype username, which happens to me this username. She then sends the message "How do you feel about Fluttershy?"

That's exactly why I have a different username for all my mlp stuffs... ;-; The only way people can know I'm a brony is when I deliberately show them hints... >:3

Thus, embarrassing moments are kept to a minimum.

• Brohoof 2

1. When my, now former, college roommate walked in on me watching MLP on my 40" flat screen. It was so embarrassing for me because I thought he was going to laugh at me and make fun of me.

2. When I said "everypony" instead of "everybody" in a Skype call with my non-brony friends. They all laughed at me.

3. When I went to buy a Funko Discord figurine at my local Hot Topic, the cashier gave me this deeply judgmental stare and, according to my friends, my face turned bright red because I was embarrassed.

• Brohoof 1