Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Embarrassing Brony Moments

MilBrony

Embarrassing Brony Moments  

304 users have voted

1. 1. Where do your Embarrassing Brony Moments happen?

• Work
    • School
    • Public Areas (Walmart/ Park/ etc)
    • Other

I've never had an embarrassing moment revolving around being a brony, most people who know me already know I'm one, they saw me watching it on netflix before, I wore a Rainbow Dash shirt to a new years eve party before, no shame, no embarrassment.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

The first time I told anyone I was a brony it went like this: My friend and I were playing tf2 and talking on Skype. I sprayed my spray which was a gif of rainbow dash licking the screen. He saw. He is a bit of an asshole and if he doesn't like it you shouldn't but its okay. Anyways, he asked what it was and I told him the I was a brony. He asked what it was and I explained. He was really judgmental about it but now I tell him that I don't like mlp and whenever he sees a brony in games he makes fun of them but I can't say anything and it break my heart :(

Edited by SteamyPancakes
  • Brohoof 2

I was in the middle of class and my friend wanted me to do a flutter shy voice (I am a voice actress sorta) So I did the impression. She wanted me to do it again and as I was about to do it the teacher called on me and I accidentally said the answer in fluttershys voice . The whole class just stared at me then broke into laughter.

• Brohoof 3

My turn! So I kept my persona hidden from others and often acted like her to practice to get people laughing on a few vids, but i the middle of it, my friends walk in on me and its just awkward silence.

3618e7337b68db9ea8d4cd0bb4f4c18d.jpg

But after a few minutes, they start laughing at me, but i ask them what's so funny about me doing this; and get this. "Man, that was.. how do i put  it? Stupid." That kind of ticked me off that they would be so inconsiderate of them that i just went awol on them while still in character, just how Candy Star reacts to anyone that is rude to her friends. I just shut my door and cried. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm always careful with my pony liking, as a result, I got few to no embarassing pony moments. I had one where I was checking some pony stuff at college, and a friend of mine suddenly shows up, and I realize that one of the tabs clearly said "My Little Pony", and I was SO FREAKING NERVOUS... only to turn out that he was a brony too  :lol:

• Brohoof 6

I was in an elevator at Comicon wearing my Luna shirt. There were two girls in there who, one of which was also wearing a pony shirt, and the two were staring at me with big smiles for 8 floors...I guess it wasn't so much embarrassing as it was unnerving. :v

• Brohoof 3

I had this time when two Mormons came to our door and my mom let them in, and they stayed till supper, when they left again. They were really nice, and one of them saw me playing Portal 2, so we became friends, (sorta,) and I asked him his steam name. It was Shadow Dash. I kind of suspected him of being a brony because of the name, but I didn't jump to conclusions. Anyone could have chosen a name like that. So I ignored that fact, and didn't ask him about it, though it felt like he was waiting for me to ask. A few months later, (this is pretty long ago,) I saw on his profile that he was member of his university's brony group. When we met felt kind of akward... :/

EDIT: Great that this thread is still alive... I missed it a lot... ;-;

Edited by Midnight Frost
  • Brohoof 1

My mom almost found out I was a brony. While trying to fix my internet, she opened up another tag and MLP Forums came up for the suggested sites. It went down like this.

Mom: What's MLP?

Me: Uh... just a website.

Mom: What's the website about?

Me: A cartoon.

Mom: It's not a bad one is it?

Me: No!

She then just stared at me for a few minutes. She was about to ask something else, but thankfully the phone rang and she went to answer it.

Close call.

• Brohoof 2

Mountaineer28, on 18 Mar 2015 - 1:29 PM, said:

My mom almost found out I was a brony. While trying to fix my internet, she opened up another tag and MLP Forums came up for the suggested sites. It went down like this.

Mom: What's MLP?

Me: Uh... just a website.

Mom: What's the website about?

Me: A cartoon.

Mom: It's not a bad one is it?

Me: No!

She then just stared at me for a few minutes. She was about to ask something else, but thankfully the phone rang and she went to answer it.

Close call.

That's why I browse this site with a separate browser on private browsing mode. ^_^

Edited by Mysterious Grepper
  • Brohoof 2

I've never had a moment of embarrassment when it comes to ponies.  Neither from walking down the pink aisle of the toy store to letting others see my collection of merchandise to discussing the show with friends.  I think being 6' 2", 350 pounds of muscle (although I have a bit of a gut on myself now), and a state wrestler in high school tended to help.

In college, however, there is a moment I remember.  The way the dorms were set up for under 21 students were in groups of bedrooms around a small (as in fridge and sink) common area, and this led into the halls and from there to the main common room.  These private dorms were stacked in a three story arrangement with a basement containing a public kitchen and laundry room.  Now, it's an under 21 area so obviously there is no alcohol or anything like that allowed, but things like that still appeared in the dorms --it is college after all.

At college I developed a bit of a reputation for being clean (mostly because I never was obvious in my consumption of alcohol, nor did I drink in excess.  Because of this the dorm supervisors never picked my room for "random searches".  Because of that, I became swiftly known as the one stop shop for being able to safely hide your booze.  I established an open door honor policy.  I never locked my room and dealt with any cases of stolen booze personality (which only arose twice before others swiftly learned not to be on my bad side), and there was a simple tip jar with some prices on it:  6-pack was $2 to store, a dozen was $5, and a half-rack was $10.  Use of the fridge costs $5 per drink.  Storing something in my room that wasn't paid for swiftly found itself left open for all to partake.

...as such I was not lacking for money, and a lot of students decided to pay in favors.

Because of my size, my attitude, and the fact I was pretty much the source of alcohol some pranksters brandished me with the name Big Worm.  It was around this point it became known that Big Worm was an avid fan of ponies (keep in mind this was before G1, this was before ponies were a norm) --I had a couple custom-crafted G1 ponies by my computer a student made for me in lieu of paying to store some drinks they wanted to keep safe.

So one Friday I come back from classes to find the pranksters snickering in the common room.  I head to my room and find the three custom ponies hanging from the ceiling with nooses made from yarn.  The pranksters won:  They got to see me annoyed.  The shock on their faces when this giant of a man comes barreling down the hallway in a few swift steps, plowing into the couch, yanking the lead prankster over the back of the couch and pinning him by his throat to the empty floor behind the furniture.  I sat one of the yarn nooses on his face and said three words, "None.  Of.  That."

From there, I got up and left the prankster lying on the floor to the shocked look of the rest of the students in the common room.  Later they learned I was only annoyed and not mad, so they made a goal of the rest of the year to try to make me mad (going so far as to making a "documentary" Crocodile Hunter style where they hunted for the infamous Big Worm), however my love for my three ponies was never brought up again, and there was never another incident involving anything that in my room.

I did get a talking to by one of the supervisors about attacking other students and stuff like that but was let off the hook because in the end I didn't hurt anyone involved and I've been a model student in the dorms until that point.  The lot of us did get reprimanded for the Crocodile Hunter incident, but that is an unrelated story.

I was in an elevator at Comicon wearing my Luna shirt. There were two girls in there who, one of which was also wearing a pony shirt, and the two were staring at me with big smiles for 8 floors...I guess it wasn't so much embarrassing as it was unnerving. :v

Oh yeah, I would be nervous if I see girls smiling at me like this too

post-24229-0-10779000-1391583788.png

• Brohoof 3

If you have Chrome, it's as easy as Ctrl+Shift+N.

Anything you view while in incognito isn't logged or saved in temp files.

Edited by Sintanan
  • Brohoof 2

I also use a separate browser for this forum, as well.  It was in private at first, but now it's not.  Although I do use private for searching for MLP related things. It's all SFW (well, what I'm searching for is, but there aren't enough filters in the world to block out all of the disturbing fanart), but I don't want to search for random things and get ponies in the results for no reason, because that tended to happen.

• Brohoof 1

On Firefox, a private window is Shift+Command+P, or if you forget, it is also under the "File" tab.  No pony-related Google autofills for me!  Especially since I use my laptop at school... (My handwriting is so messy that I have failed tests because I couldn't read my own notes) :unsure:

If you have Chrome, it's as easy as Ctrl+Shift+N.

Anything you view while in incognito isn't logged or saved in temp files.

• Brohoof 1

Inform me on the art of private browsing. :D

I have my own laptop, so I havo no need for it.... not to mention my parents are OK with me being a brony in the first place  :P

• Brohoof 1

I have my own laptop, so I havo no need for it.... not to mention my parents are OK with me being a brony in the first place  :P

I don't have that luxury. They are my own computers, but my mom likes to snoop on them.

Well, I have Internet Explorer, so I'm screwed.

No you aren't.  CRTL+SHFT+P opens a new inPrivate Internet Explorer window.  It's also under the gear menu in the upper right under the safety heading.

• Brohoof 1

No you aren't.  CRTL+SHFT+P opens a new inPrivate Internet Explorer window.  It's also under the gear menu in the upper right under the safety heading.

Huh. I guess Internet Explorer isn't completely useless. Thanks.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I have Internet Explorer, so I'm screwed.

Since I have been managing IT & the servers at my school (IT does not know bull crap) I have been urging the teachers to move to chrome. Also recommend adblock