Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Embarrassing Brony Moments

MilBrony

Embarrassing Brony Moments  

304 users have voted

1. 1. Where do your Embarrassing Brony Moments happen?

• Work
    • School
    • Public Areas (Walmart/ Park/ etc)
    • Other

I wish I had some nice brony friends. 

Anyway,I don't save clop to my computer. So I look up my pics, so I am talking to my friend. And i'm showing him something on my computer. So I was going to search something until some luna clop pic pops up and I quickly close out of it. I was lucky he didn't notice.

• Brohoof 3

I don't get embarrassed! Ok, there was this one time.

I was in the movie theater with my brother, his friend, my grandma, my uncle, and my cousin, we were waiting for the movie to start and the place was packed. I made the mistake of letting my brothers friend use my cell phone to call his mom and he had turned the volume way up by mistake, and I didn't know. So I shove my phone in my pocket thinking it was still silenced, and as the movie was starting, my phone rang, and my ring tone was the my little pony theme. To make matters worse, the movie had started really quietly, so the sudden noise made me jump, and my phone flew out of my pocket and fell between the seats. So I scramble to find it, and at this point everyone was starring and the caller had already hung up and tried to call again, and when I finally pick up the phone, I decided to pull a dick move and I handed the thing to my brother's friend and said "here's your phone, it's your mom."

• Brohoof 6

Eh, I guess being called a fag by a couple of friends back in early 2012. January.

Didn't give a shit back then and still don't as the kind of stuff associated with bronies these days is far from enlightening.

It's a bunch of easily avoidable stuff if you have the slightest semblance of self-consciousness.

• Brohoof 3

I was showing my friend some stuff on Google Chrome on the bus.

She was holding my phone.

She accidentally switches tabs by swiping.

She sees a pic of Princess Luna.

I quickly grab my phone and close pony tab.

She asks me "Are you a brony?"

I say "y-y-yes."

She then said she its ok and she loves ponies too.

Gives me a brohoof.

Sort of awkward, but ended in a fine way.

Another story

Sitting in class.

Everypony is working independently, so it is very quiet.

My phone goes off, my ringtone is "Winter Wrap Up".

I turn off phone.

People ask what song was that.

Just tell them "Oh it's nothing."

I go back to my work.

Edited by Dalek Derp
  • Brohoof 3

Last term in English, everyone had to pick a topic and do a short presentation on it. I made my slideshow and prepared to present (my topic had nothing to o with ponies, btw). I got through the whole presentation just fine. My last slide? Fluttershy headbanging to German metal...

A while back my mom needed to borrow my laptop. She somehow didn't notice any of my pony tabs (maybe didn't care). When she was done, she exited the browser and saw my Keep Calm and Flutter On background. Yeah. That was a bit awkward. Not as bad as the time my dad saw an empty Rainbow Dash pop can. His words:"I hope you weren't seen drinking that in public."

• Brohoof 4

Last term in English, everyone had to pick a topic and do a short presentation on it. I made my slideshow and prepared to present (my topic had nothing to o with ponies, btw). I got through the whole presentation just fine. My last slide? Fluttershy headbanging to German metal...

A while back my mom needed to borrow my laptop. She somehow didn't notice any of my pony tabs (maybe didn't care). When she was done, she exited the browser and saw my Keep Calm and Flutter On background. Yeah. That was a bit awkward. Not as bad as the time my dad saw an empty Rainbow Dash pop can. His words:"I hope you weren't seen drinking that in public."

rainbow dash soda? where the hell do i get that lol

• Brohoof 3

rainbow dash soda? where the hell do i get that lol

I got it from one of the small comic stores where I usually look for merch. You can probably find it online, I don't know what kind of stores in your area would have it.

When my dad said that he hoped I wasn't seen drinking it in public, I was tempted to tell him that I walked around my area's busiest mall for almost 45 min. with it, and that I bought a knife while wearing my Fluttershy dog tag (both 100% true).

• Brohoof 2

Well the only thing I can think of for myself, is being at Walmart/Toysrus/etc. and going down the girly isle to look at MLP stuff.  Yeah, despite being a girl, I hate going down that isle and would rather be seen looking at video games,  Pokemon, etc.  I always have to make sure no one is looking.

• Brohoof 1

Ok got one. A while back I was doing some volunteer work for a youth group thing with a friend. After it was over, we were waiting for our ride (carpooling with other members). I pull out my phone and check the form page for notes. I noticed that an RP I joined had a few, so I read up on them. As I was responding to the posts, my friend looks over my shoulder and sees the title of the rp (Ponyville Tavern.). His response: "What's that? ponyville tav... do you play my little pony?"

I responded saying, "No, I do not play my little pony. I'm just responding to a friends post on a forum that he wanted me to check out."

He left it alone after that. By technical definition, I was right. I don't play mlp, and I was responding to a post.

• Brohoof 2

during my social class i had to do a project, being in AP my teacher expected the best of the best assignments. i had failed to realize that i drew a few ponies on my assignment, so i had to stand in front of the class and talk about how equestrian economics are a lot like classical conservatism, yeah, now he either adresses me and hobbes or pony kid....

feel sorry for you "pony kid"! :P

during my social class i had to do a project, being in AP my teacher expected the best of the best assignments. i had failed to realize that i drew a few ponies on my assignment, so i had to stand in front of the class and talk about how equestrian economics are a lot like classical conservatism, yeah, now he either adresses me and hobbes or pony kid....

I feel sorry for you "pony kid" :P

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has to be the time one of my friends at work got into a discussion / argument with a customer over the show and fandom. Note that this guy is a huge fan of the show, used to wear 2-3 pieces of merch to work every day, and has ponies on his locker in the break room. I'm just trying to ignore this whole thing and focus on my work - when he points over to me and says something like "[my name] is a brony too!" I don't really try to hide it, but it was still embarrassing, especially since I don't like wearing the fact that I'm a fan on my sleeve.

Also...let's just say that remembering anything from my "obsessed with MLP" phase makes me cringe just thinking about it.

• Brohoof 2

After school I went into my room to find a random Twilight Sparkle toy in my room. I don't even own any My Little Pony toys and I aways lock my room everyday, staring at the toy for minutes I started getting paranoid thinking someone was in my room after searching my room I have found no one. the moment I picked up the Twilight Sparkle toy this random girl just runs in to my room looking for her toy turns out my mom has copes of my keys and let her come into my room to play around. giving up that toy was really hard to do, she doesn't even know Twilight's name. after I gave her the toy I said "her name is Twilight" the little girl looked at me and said

"twilight like Bella." that little girl has been calling Twilight Sparkle "Bella" the whole time. she should be thankful i didn't lose my s*** in front of her.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Once I had my Windows 7 boot screen as Twilight walking. When my dad turned on my computer he was confused to say the least.

Also my mum found my figures in the most discrete place I could put them in my room, I had to make up a lie and I no longer have them. :(

• Brohoof 1

I should mention that I am not a closet brony, although I don't announce it to the world while I'm at school).I was in the middle of class and my friend thought it was a good idea to call me because he thought I had a spare. Long story short in the middle of the silent classroom- "SO, GIGGLE AT THE GHOSTIE! GUFFAW AT THE GROSSLY!" my teacher staring at me  with very genuinely confused eyes, my class erupting in laughter. Luckily my school is pretty cool so all i got were a couple high fives and one "gai!". Oh yeah, also a detention. 

• 3 months later...

Finally Back! wow...been a while, its great to see everyone sharing these stories.

One thing I have been doing since being stationed in Alaska; I wear a Derpy Hooves beanie around post, this gets some interesting looks from the non-deployed guys. But what the hay...I'm secure in my masculinity! I can wear what I want! Brohoof!  

• Brohoof 1

I go to my best friend's relative's pool every summer. Her little sister was telling me about how they get a sunscreen bottle every year with different characters on them (last year it was a smurf). I asked her what character it was this year..

She responds "Princess Pinkie Pie!".

No, it couldn't be..

"Princess Pinkie Pie? Who's that?" I reply.

"She's a pony." she replies.

AT THIS POINT I'M MENTALLY FACEPALMING

I think I winced in front of her. She asked me what was wrong, and I said it was nothing. But, really? PRINCESS PINKIE PIE?

Just no.

• Brohoof 4

I go to my best friend's relative's pool every summer. Her little sister was telling me about how they get a sunscreen bottle every year with different characters on them (last year it was a smurf). I asked her what character it was this year..

She responds "Princess Pinkie Pie!".

No, it couldn't be..

"Princess Pinkie Pie? Who's that?" I reply.

"She's a pony." she replies.

AT THIS POINT I'M MENTALLY FACEPALMING

I think I winced in front of her. She asked me what was wrong, and I said it was nothing. But, really? PRINCESS PINKIE PIE?

Just no.

My main problem with this entire situation is that Princess Pinkie Pie was real, that would be too much power in that crazy pony's hands. Can you say "Return of Harmony Part III" except with Pinkie Pie as Discord?

• Brohoof 3

I've only had one moment, and it was only POSSIBLY embarrassing, if it indeed did happen. Took my car in for emissions testing. I have my iphone paired to the bluetooth on my car stereo. Well apparently, the bay where they do the testing is in range of my bluetooth, because as I'm waiting in the lobby I look at my phone, and I'm apparently 18 seconds into the Cafeteria Song.

Now....I DID take this all into consideration beforehand. I closed out of the music app before the car was handed over, and I made sure to turn the volume down on my phone, but the fact remains, that music was playing, and it would have only been playing if it was triggered by the bluetooth. So I don't know....could they have been blasted with MLP music for 18 seconds? Yes....but hopefully not.  

Was on teamspeak with a few friends, one of them being a pegasister (I'm kind of a closet brony. I've told people before but it's something I'd rather not tell). 

We were exchanging pony art in a private chat while talking to the others. I sent her a fluttershy (her favorite pony) picture and she says "awww fluttershy" loud enough for the mic to activate and everyone in the channel to hear (6 people total).

One of them then asks "Fluttershy? Are you a brony?"

I was thinking "don't you DARE"

She then proceeds to say "No, but Vee is"

GOD

BLOODY 

DAMNIT

I then come out of the barn saying "Yes, yes I am" in a calm voice.

He then asks me the typical questions like "What's so interesting about a little girl's show, do you wear fedoras, do you... uh... play with yourself while looking at rather explicit drawing of the characters etc. etc."

I then go and explain that it's actually a show an adult can easily like, that the stereotype is often far from the truth, that I don't clop etc.

No one really made a big deal out of it (beside me), but one of my friends listened to what I said, go curious, started watching the show and...

joined the herd.

And now he's more closet than I am (he was hesitant to tell me at first too, even when he knew I was a brony too)

• Brohoof 5

This wasn't really all that embarrassing. I thought it was kind of funny. "California Gurls" by Katy Perry came on while I was shopping once. I was singing along and without even thinking kept slipping in the "Equestria Girls" lyrics. A couple of teenage girls were looking at me all weird. I just kept on singing.

:proud:

• Brohoof 3

This wasn't really all that embarrassing. I thought it was kind of funny. "California Gurls" by Katy Perry came on while I was shopping once. I was singing along and without even thinking kept slipping in the "Equestria Girls" lyrics. A couple of teenage girls were looking at me all weird. I just kept on singing.

:proud:

Oh god I do that a lot too.

I also sing "Faster than you know" out loud as well

Good thing not many people here speak english so they don't even notice the difference.

Hell even more people don't even know what Equestria is  :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Colon Vee
  • Brohoof 2