Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Embarrassing Brony Moments

MilBrony

Embarrassing Brony Moments  

304 users have voted

1. 1. Where do your Embarrassing Brony Moments happen?

• Work
    • School
    • Public Areas (Walmart/ Park/ etc)
    • Other

So a few months ago my friends were coming to pick me up for Everfree northwest. I was waiting outside my complex, bags in hand and suddenly I hear the faint sound of the theme-song off in the distance. 

"Please don't let that be them, please don't let that be them." it gets louder and louder. Their was a group of various other people standing pretty nearby and they aren't really paying much attention, UNTIL, my friends pull up in a van covered with pony decals, "Everfree Northwest or Bust" and "My Little Pony Party Van" written on the sides. They roll down the windows and mlp music comes blaring out and they all look at me and go. 

"Ready to learn about friendship?" 

Needless to say I avoided that group of people standing outside of my complex until I moved out a few months later. 

• Brohoof 7

Explaining to my parents that I'm not gay, and what a brony is, ...... Beat red face for 10 mins....

Parents opened one of my mail packages...... And came face to face with my Fluttershy build a bear...... They had a wtf face like no other.

(Same day) they catch me dressing her....... <_<

I accidentally said words like anypony, everypony, at least once a week.

I have referred to my hands as hooves a few time.

My dad offered to watch mlp with me to bond..... I accepted.... He popped in a gen 1 DVD..... FAIL

that's pretty much it.

• Brohoof 5

Well if spazzing out in the middle of a crowded mall and having paramedics taking you away because of a luna drawing is embarrassing then... I guess that's embarrassing. :)

Hang on a minute... were you seriously dragged out of a public mall by paramedics because of a Luna drawing? May I know the full context because that sounds insane to me - a bit like the Brony shirt-wearing guy who got an packet of chips knocked out of his hands by an old lady, who then proceeded to rant and rave about the guy "stealing her grandson's heterosexuality" or something like that.

Edited by SanityNotIncluded

Ok, I got a future embarising moment. So I write fanifiction. Well, I call myself a novelist to those who ask what I do. So one day in my youth group studies, we are talking about what we have been up to. I bring up that I finished a new chapter to my novel. To my shock, 3/4 of the group asks if they can have a copy of the book the next day. I played it cool and said sure. That day, i was forced to hide from them in an attempt to not get them asking for the book. Only one is still asking for it now, the rest forgot. I still have to deal with him though. I might come clean and tell him that I'm a brony. Still not sure.

Well that's my story.

Edited by arkman575
  • Brohoof 1

I used to have a very artsy picture of Chrysalis as my iPod lock screen. So one day I'm at the beach with my younger cousin and her turns on my iPod. He looks at it and asks why I had a pony on it. I tried to play it off as just a cool picture but he completly called me on it. Little guy forgot about it before dinner, thankfully.

Edited by UmbraScriptor
  • Brohoof 1

I hated after school tutoring...

With Vinyl Scratch on my binder, I alerted every immature teen and little kid as I walked down the bus aisle to the back of my school bus. Only to be met with insulting questions and slanderous looks peering back at me, I was bothered for the rest of the tutoring semester.

Another time was when I looked up suggestive anthro pics of Applejack in the library and my school janitor totally saw it. His facial expression was a unforgettable look of worry that I'll never forget.

• Brohoof 2

Okay well my embarrassing moment was with an encounter with a fellow Brony on the streets, well i was with my girlfriend and i was wearing my pinkie pie shirt i think and my girlfriend didn't think much of it she thinks its cute, and we sit down to eat at a cafe when out of nowhere a rather large fellow wearing some brony shirt comes up next to me and started acting very excited to be seeing a fellow brony on the streets and came in for a bro hoof and was saying stuff like Pinkie pie best pony and stuff like that, and at this time she didn't know the whole following behind the show and was very freaked out that some guy had just randomly came up and started talking about little cartoon ponies in front of her  :lol:  but after he had already embarrassed me i noticed him not ever stoping in a sentence or even breathing for a matter of fact and this went on for about 5 mins all about ponies and me smiling and noding and giving the occasional laugh of course i didn't want to me rude, eventually he got the hint that enough was enough and finally left and that just left me with my girlfriend with a big smile on he face so i had to explain the whole thing to her so i showed her a episode of the show and when i did any chance of me getting lucky that night was gone also any chance of sleep she sat next to me in bed for the rest of the night watching episodes 1-20 of season 1 haha.

• Brohoof 5

Hang on a minute... were you seriously dragged out of a public mall by paramedics because of a Luna drawing? May I know the full context because that sounds insane to me - a bit like the Brony shirt-wearing guy who got an packet of chips knocked out of his hands by an old lady, who then proceeded to rant and rave about the guy "stealing her grandson's heterosexuality" or something like that.

Well ehehe the paramedic part is part of a loooooong story man. Some of it is em... private.  :blush:

Besides when I revealed I was a brony to people I gave a shit about when I was just getting into the fandom and felt like there was something severely wrong with me, I didn't really have any embarrassing moments. This is because of a mixture of reasons. I got over my obsessed awkward stage pretty quickly, so I didn't end up spaghetting all over the streets. I also don't have or wear any merch beyond my teams NLR patches when airsofting. When I was in public high school, I was pretty fucked in the head. I was very aggressive and would basically choke out anyone for anything, so even if people had things to say about me, they kept it to themselves. And now I'm homeschooled, so I don't have to worry about those moments. Which I'm happy I don't have to deal with. I haven't been pissed off (at least offline) in a long time, so I don't know what I'd do.

Also, it's pretty amazing how old this thread is. Lawl. I can't believe it's still going.

• Brohoof 1

Mine happened at school. I was sitting against a wall watching MLP and these guys always come over to see what I was doing. They started to come over so I had my Alt-Tab on the ready, they arrive, I press it, and it freakin' switches to my folder with all of the episodes in it...

• Brohoof 2

So I'm at school. I've lived in Hawaii for about two years now and and joined the herd a year before. It's lunch and the school is fairly small, the whole high school is about 200 of us. Since the school is small we eat lunch outside. This school is also modernizing so we have E books and laptops and such. My friends and I are those people who aren't in a group really and go any where really but if you had assign us a group we're kind of into the arts-ish. Me and and other write, three of us are music people both instrumentalist and electronic, and the last two are great at art, then half of us are in speak and debate myself not included and we are vary genders. So I'm typing away at a fanfic half writing half talking about random crap and how our American government teacher is out to get us (He really was. I swear). Then one of my friends not eating with us comes and steps behind me so as usual i pull up a nonfanfic story I was writing. I borrowed one his textbook for math cause i left mine at home and he needed it for his next period. So we go up to my locker a good three minutes away give him the textbook and such and I left my computer open so i didn't go to sleep mode and put the password thing up so you're free to look at the screen and fiddle with it. I'm going back down to the table to eat and there is a straight path so I can see the table from aways back. Well it's not uncommon for my friends to read my stuff nonpony related and I see them looking at my computer. But that what's scaring me. All six of them are behind it. See were this is going? i quicken my step a little but to muck to look strange but enough to get were I'm going faster. So I'm about 30 seconds away and one of them looks over his shoulder. His eyes go all big and shake the others and told them I'm coming then they all take back their seats and go back to eating. Smooth guys. Real smooth. So i get to the table eyebrow raised half of them somber and mellow with the other half red-faced. I look at the screen to see what's on it. The nonpony story I put up. But my keen eye notices something. The page is slightly lower than it was by a lot. So i pull up the fanfic (It's not a clop fic or anything. personally i despise clopping). huh. It's on the first chapter... And i was on the a different chapter when I left it... So my face is red and I look up in shock. Oh God did they see my pony folder too? Yeah... I left that up too... It's only really pictures of random funnyness and some some art a brony friend in North Carolina had sent me vie email.

"For all that is loving and holy in this world please do no tell a soul about this" I beg in my slight deep-southern accent which I mask in public to an extent. So half of them are trying not to laugh and the other half are speechless. They don't know I'm a brony right now but I have dropped hints in phrases i say that aren't top giving and stuff like that.

"You're into that stuff?" one of the shocked one's ask.

"What stuff?"

"You know what I mean"

"That stuff?"

"Yep"

"No... No I am not" So now I know at least one of them has the stereotype in their head. "Tell you what. I know non of you have stuff to do after school so meet me at the SAC (gym) after school. got it? Don't tell a single person about this or I will wring your neck!"

A few hours later...

"I have a lot of explaining to do don't I?" all nod.

(Insert thirty minute long speech about bronies and showing results of the herd census that is just enough time for me to finish once we get to the town center (It's basically a shopping mall that has a lot of places were people like us can loiter and no one care) and a place to sit down)

"So bronies aren't that bad and please don't tell anyone about this" So the friends who really know about bronies are in shock as if they so much as brought up the word a year ago I would start a rant. If ponies were Jesus when he was being judged by the Romans I would be the one rallying the others to yell to crucify him.

Long end short. They were all okay with it (that's how you know you have good friends) and told me they had all been friends so long this was just a the weird thing about me, I mean we all have a random weird thing. Before I was a brony i guess it was being an anti-brony so yes that is a thing. I was ignorant about the show then and only saw the surface without giving it a try. Anyway me friends know now I'm a brony and it really doesn't affect our friendship in anyway.

In about two hours my Spanish teacher will find out...........Edmodo avatar is now a pony......

Also I was watching an episode on my xbox and my brother walked in on me. He said that I "profaned" our xbox with that :(
I'm sure that people will be nosy and see what I'm doing on my iPad at school then they see mlp forums and laugh......... Screw it I don't care.

But that old man wasn't assuming the worst. He was just gawking at the price :)

You made your edomdo avatar a pony? Bold. Very bold indeed.

• Brohoof 2

Okay well my embarrassing moment was with an encounter with a fellow Brony on the streets

I know exactly what that's like.  I recently had an encounter with a person who apparently shared more than one of my fandoms (bronydom included).  I was going with a group of friends to watch Doctor Who: the Day of the Doctor at the theater, but we were late for our screen, so we were hanging out at Hastings to wait for the next showing time.  I was wearing my new Doctor Whooves t-shirt that a friend had given me for my birthday, and this guy I didn't know just came up and started talking to me like we were buddies or something.  I don't mean to sound rude, but this guy seemed like he wasn't "all there," and I was starting to feel a little bit uncomfortable with him acting like he knew me.

As it turns out, he actually knows my boyfriend from college, so it wasn't quite as weird as I thought it was, but at the time the dude was chattering away about how he tricked the Internet into giving him a free copy of the movie I was going to see that night, my boyfriend had snuck off to another part of the store and was not there to tell me "hey,  it's okay; I know this guy."

It was also kind of really weird (and a little bit disturbing) that he and my 12-year-old sister had a lengthy discussion about their favourite chick animes and then went off to look at toys together.  I was not that comfortable with that.

So... long story short, any fanatic, not just a brony, has the incredible power to embarrass and unease others when unexpectedly meeting in public places.

• Brohoof 1

This wasn't really embarrassing, but the first time I wore my Rainbow Dash Brony t-shirt I was with my sister at a mall and a few people were looking at me like o.O wtf is he wearing? One guy just looked at me with a smirk on his face. The first time I wore it to school I was walking down a hallway with several people in it and it got all quiet as I walked by.

One time I forgot to set my phone on silent and in the middle of class when it was all quiet my Fluttershy ringtone goes off "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE MEE!!" Everyone including me cracked up so it was more funny than embarrassing. XD

• Brohoof 1

I was making a very important narrative speech for the annual speech competition in my school.

There was a part where I was suppose to say "butterfly", but then I had a Freudian slip and I said "Fluttershy" instead.

Here's the phrase

"I saw the beautiful Fluttershy - (short awkward pause) Flu - (short awkward pause) - Butterfly dancing in the grass field."

In front of 286 students and 43 teachers, and the principal himself. 0_0

Still somehow came in 2nd place though, XD.

• Brohoof 10

My moment wasn't exactly embarrassing to be honest, it was more awkward and "... cheese."

I was working at Toys 'R' Us for the holiday season (the big flagship in Times Square no less) and  parent comes looking for My Little Pony toys for her daughter. Now at the time, Toys 'R' Us had a very... minimal pony section. Of course, being the ponylicious person I am (yes I did just say ponylicious- and what), I immediately helped her choose a few toys. Her daughter wanted a Pinkie Pie and a Lyra. The mother had picked up a Celestia toy- CELESTIA- and asked if it was Lyra.

This story interruption is brought to you by Celestia is not Lyra Incorporated. Remember, Celestia is not Lyra.

I went through the entire list of ponies with her, explaining the differences so that she would know them FOREVERRRRRRRR. At that moment, she asked me "Wait... how do you know all of this?". I simply told her that I had magical powers and ran away.

... Yeah.

• Brohoof 13

Nearly had one the other day. To provide some context, it can get quite hot where I am, so I often put my fan on. I also have a mane 6 wallpaper on my Windows 8 lock screen.

Anyhow, some family members are around my bedroom, at which point one of them calls out 'permanent fan!' (referring to me). I stopped dead in my tracks for a minute because I thought he said 'pony fan'.

"What! How could the computer have locked itself" I thought. I was about to say something pony related but then I looked over at my laptop and saw the lock screen wasn't there and quickly realised what he said. Phew!

What makes this funny is that he and I have a standing joke that I watch MLP (I watched a bit of G1 as a very little kid). So whenever he jokingly says that I watch MLP, I think "yeah I do actually, it's pretty good".

• Brohoof 2

embarrassing moments huh? i guess id have to say when i was in class trying to change my computers wallpaper to rainbowdash and got pissed and started yelling at it getting everyones attention, all over rainbowdash, needless to say, im now out of the barn lol, and proud of it, my ex gf, she wasnt so proud, her loss lol

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just now i was playing Counter Strike Global Offensive with my younger brother sitting next to me and because that game has been out for years and i only bought it recently everyone is really good and i said "oh my god i wish that you got placed with people of similar skill levels every one here is MLP's yes i said MLP's instead of MLG's (MLG is a term to describe really good players). He had a mad laugh and i was like LOL. Not that embarrassing but still funny.

Last year, I told my friend about the Rainbow Factory and Cupcakes stories, and then he nearly discovered that I'm a brony. Yes, I know I was rather careless, but I figured out that he wouldn't react too badly because he seems neutral towards them. But one person heard me telling him, and the story seemed to spread like wildfire. Then, someone who head the story did something that happened  loads at my school, and added loads of files saying "U <3 PINK PONES!!!!!!" onto my school computer account (and no, I didn't tell anyone my password). Needless to say, I and the teachers were not pleased at all by the person who did it...

But the event was still pretty embarrassing. Luckily, it was the idiots who were spreading the story, and next to no-one believed them.

I think, it was the moment, when somebody in real(My big brother) find it out. I just wake up in the morning, start my laptop and watch in the PS-Trophys-Forum, when I saw, I got a new profile message. I had a MLP-Ava and a Sig with MLP on it and saw, that my brother write to me...but didn't say anything about that. Then I look on Facebook and there, he ask me, if I really like that...so I write him, that it is true.

Few days later, I travel to my father. But, before I gone, I write on Facebook, that I like the show and that everyone, who has a problem with it, just go away. Surprisley(Even with some jokes), they all accept that, I expecting more sentences like "What the hay, you looking this?" and so on(Of course in german then XD)

Since this day, I don't really hide it anymore

• Brohoof 1