Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My speculation/ predictions

Anadu Kune

Ok so most of what I am seeing is really trying to only enforce a negative preconception. May be it will be bad I don't know. I want to just speculate, not on quality but on aspects of narrative.These will be my speculations. I guess they may count as predictions but I'm no betting man. 

A world without magic?

I think its going to go the whole world without magic route. At the very least it seems Twilight will have to do without as she lacks her horn. Shes had to deal with the limitation before. However in those cases she was in her own body in a familiar place. Not only that but magic maybe completely devoid from this world. That in itself may have a deep impact on Twilight. 

Villain's nature, motivation, and the crown

This ties to the first theory. I think the crown may indeed be a magical object. Sunset Shimmer I believe is a pony who like we have heard before was Celestia's former apprentice gone rouge. Perhaps she got stuck in this demension through a magical mishap or something. She blames Celestia for it. Or perhaps she went evil before and Celestia banished her there. She finds in this world an opportunity. If she can introduce and control magic in a world without it she would be unstoppable. She finds a way to bridge the gap and steal the crown. 

Pony human clones and friendship 
So whats up with the pony human clones? Im not sure but I have a few theories. Perhaps Sunset is kidnapping ponies as well after Twilight goes through the gate, using magic to control them. There is also the possibility that the introduction of the crown taints the dimension giving off echoes of where it came from. Perhaps the dimension was actually created by Equestrian magic even though it appears to lack it. In the first case Twilight befriends them trying to remind them of who they are, however it is not enough. The magic cant ignite in a world that innately doesn't have it, they have been integrated to not have it. However physical objects that are magic aren't and that ignites their powers of unifying friendship. In the second case even the echo of friendship is proven a most powerful weapon. In the third case perhaps the crown is what helped created the world and binds it together. In this case the application of magic through it can shape the world in some way. Friendsjip reactivated through the crown shapes the world into its own being freeing it created inhabitants. 

Love interest?
I don't have much to say on this. It could be that he is a love interest. Though I'm not seeing nearly enough to indicate that. Hugging him....well twilight has hugged her friends before I'm pretty sure they are not love interests despite what some in the fandom will tell you. Accepting help doesn't really seem to indicate it. Really assume either position seems too crazy at this point. Though I think it will be about showing him friendship more than anything. 

I assumed Sunset Shimmer stolen the crown because she got jealous of Twilight turning into a princess. After all she was also a student of Celestia and might have been actually aspiring to be a princess unlike Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

This ties to the first theory. I think the crown may indeed be a magical object. Sunset Shimmer I believe is a pony who like we have heard before was Celestia's former apprentice gone rouge. Perhaps she got stuck in this demension through a magical mishap or something. She blames Celestia for it. Or perhaps she went evil before and Celestia banished her there. She finds in this world an opportunity. If she can introduce and control magic in a world without it she would be unstoppable. She finds a way to bridge the gap and steal the crown. 

I assumed Sunset Shimmer stolen the crown because she got jealous of Twilight turning into a princess. After all she was also a student of Celestia and might have been actually aspiring to be a princess unlike Twilight.

Well I'm not sure if Sunset Shimmer stole the crown or even is a pony. In the trailer, human Pinkie Pie, brings up something about a princess competition. In other words homecoming Queen or princess in this case. So anyway after that part we see 2 pictures of SS wearing different outfits and a crown. So that is a sign that she has been in this world for many years.

Besides if she has the crown that has all the power now, why does she not use it now?

As for why her friends are there, I think for that they are just using the different dimension theory. That you can meet the same person in another world, but they may be different in some way. Like in this world Twilight does not exist at all. So I don't think it's anything big.  

My Predictions:

• Magic - or at least Twilight's magic - will not work in the human world.
  • No mention will be made of Twilight's missing documentation, money, her living arrangements, or how she gets up to speed in class.
  • Spike will be unable to speak, but will perform various acts of comedic relief. He will receive no sympathy.
  • There will be no human authorities of any kind for Twilight to contend with.
  • Twilight and her friends will be completely unwilling and unable to stand up to Sunset in any meaningful fashion whatsoever.
  • Twilight has no human equivalent, nor will her brother, nor any of the Princesses.
  • Sunset Shimmer has no greater ambition than being Prom Queen forever. She cannot be reasoned with.
  • Nobody at school will have any life goal outside of their immediate school activities. There will be no "I want to go to college for X" or "I want to be an Y when I graduate".
  • "Brad" will be Twilight's platonic love interest. He will help her acclimate to High School, but will otherwise serve no purpose in the plot. He will be in a band, which serves no purpose except to reinforce that he is of high quality for the purposes of a platonic love interest.
  • "Brad" and Twilight's friends' analogs will easily be left behind after a round of farewells. No tears will be shed.
  • Most background ponies - except Derpy - will have a non-speaking role in the human world.
  • The crown Twilight needs will obviously be the Prom Queen crown, but Twilight will make no effort to steal or acquire it by means other than competing with Sunset for the title of Prom Queen.
  • Sunset Shimmer, upon losing the Prom Queen contest, will attempt to use the crown's ill-defined powers against Twilight but will be undone by the power of Friendship.
  • There will be a musical montage in which Twilight gets gussied up for the competition.
  • Twilight will have forgotten everything about friendship and have to re-learn it from scratch. This, too, will involve a musical montage.

Also, I'm pretty sure the movie will end with Sunset either being kicked to the curb and forgotten or else being taken back to Equestria so Celestia can forgive her, after which she'll be put on a bus.

I shot for the lowest common denominator in every category, so I'm expecting I got things right and hoping I got them wrong.

Well I'm not sure if Sunset Shimmer stole the crown or even is a pony. In the trailer, human Pinkie Pie, brings up something about a princess competition. In other words homecoming Queen or princess in this case. So anyway after that part we see 2 pictures of SS wearing different outfits and a crown. So that is a sign that she has been in this world for many years.

Besides if she has the crown that has all the power now, why does she not use it now?

As for why her friends are there, I think for that they are just using the different dimension theory. That you can meet the same person in another world, but they may be different in some way. Like in this world Twilight does not exist at all. So I don't think it's anything big.  

Cant really say. Though perhaps she is trying to become a princess. Perhaps she can somehow break the rules in that dimension. Not sure. Maybe the highschool world is just one created by her. Imposing a mundane tedious life upon ponies or maybe not dont know there's a lot that can be done or potential to be squandered.

Cant really say. Though perhaps she is trying to become a princess. Perhaps she can somehow break the rules in that dimension. Not sure. Maybe the highschool world is just one created by her. Imposing a mundane tedious life upon ponies or maybe not dont know there's a lot that can be done or potential to be squandered.

But why would she create a world where she is like everyone else? If she had the power to do that she would already be Queen of this world. 

Also why would she create high school and humans? She may not know of any of this.

Now maybe you are right and she does have this kinda of power, but I'm just saying lets not expect to much from this villain right now tell me see more.

But why would she create a world where she is like everyone else? If she had the power to do that she would already be Queen of this world. 

Also why would she create high school and humans? She may not know of any of this.

Now maybe you are right and she does have this kinda of power, but I'm just saying lets not expect to much from this villain right now tell me see more.

Oh Im just making speculation. That's it. There is nothing for me to base a solid position on as there is no ground to stand on yet. I'm kinda postulating a Once Upon a Time scenario. In Once Upon a Time the evil queen Regina banishes all of the fantasy characters to live a mundane life in a modern world in a position of power. There is no magic in this world but another character strives to introduce it. There too much unknown for me to really make a solid case for any scenario though.

• Brohoof 1

I predict that EQG will be popular among a select few bronies and most others won't care about it after they've seen it. This is because it doesn't apply to the story line and is just a side story to mlp.

I personally don't like the setting of EQG because the mane 6 are in high school and there human versions are supposed to be equivalent to there ponie versions. They were all out of school, living on there own and supporting themselves. And we can't say that ponies never to to school because we've seen many episodes featureing the cutie mark crusaders in class, and Twilight has , on multiple occasions , mentioned magic KINDERGARTEN. This means that they most likely have the same levels of schooling as humans.>> preschool, kindergarten, elementary, middle, high and a version of college.Meaning that the human versions of the mane six are not exact human equivalent of there ponie versions.

I also dislike the fact that they don't have there horns, wings or cutie marks.

Other than that I am interested in seeing how the movie will play out and conclude.

I'm new to this, but I'm curious as to why the decision was made to create a spin-off. It's not as if the current gen are losing popularity or dying off. Just seems like an unsual route to go down in my opinion. Why not make a film based on the pony characters as...ponies?

Amber x