Gabriel Smith

(edited)

Okay, so...on the advice of Artemis, I decided to try and put into words a small issue here. I wasn't sure if it went in Life Advice or something to put in the actual RP thread, soooo...disregard this post and remove if it's in violation of anything. Or something, iunno.

So I've talked about it a little in my intro post instead, but as best as I can put things...

...I'm trying to find a way to join in the RP here. Problem is, I don't exactly have a conventional OC. I could make a "Looking for Group" thread, but I have a feeling that might get me in trouble, not without a plan as described in the forum rules. Which also brings up the other point of making a new OC - I myself have the misfortune of being rather creatively bankrupt at my stage. While others can churn out dozens of new ones at a moment's notice, it took quite a bit of crafting to get even one character into a good position. And we have tried, but they never gelled very well.

So pent-up frustration, anxiety, stress and...I'm going to get reported for this aren't I?

In the event this thread is not removed, this is NOT a request for an OC Review. I'm just trying (and failing spectacularly) at working out where I should go and what I should do. Unfortunately, I lack a massive capacity for independent thought, so I haven't been able to reach a decision by myself. I wasn't even sure where I should even talk about it before Artemis suggested it.

EDIT - And by posting this, I've just compounded the stupid haven't I? -_-

Edited by Gabriel Smith

Just ask around in forums or Post a forum about you wanting in a RP. Your OC is not bad in fact its better then mine. But if you want to get out there you just have to post what u want some one is bound to help you its the matter in finding that person.

• Brohoof 1

NH/V12/RENA/GMRC/MR2

Wow, I actually really like your OC. I think it's a very fresh idea, though yes, I can see why some people may not like him.

If you want a roleplay partner, I'd be more than happy to start one with you. I tend to make OC's that are out of the norm (such as Pluse, who is a carnivorous pony.)

If you want to use this guy, you could always make him a little more realistically sized (50 feet tall rather than 100, for example). But that may ruin his character, so find like-minded people is all I can say.

• Brohoof 3

mephalasig.jpg

Wow, I actually really like your OC.

Well uh...thank you, I guess... ^^;

I think it's a very fresh idea, though yes, I can see why some people may not like him.

It's not so much that as much as it is...another problem. A few, maybe.

If you want a roleplay partner, I'd be more than happy to start one with you. I tend to make OC's that are out of the norm (such as Pluse, who is a carnivorous pony.)

...So he/she's a Thattican Horse?

Regardless, if your up for it I suppose I can drop you a line. On the other hand, I should probably wait to see if anyone else is interested before calculating a new plan.

Hey don't worry, nothing is "stupid" about your post, I'm not very good at deciding stuff honestly, so i know what ya mean. 

That said I really don't have any experience or skill with making OC backstories, I've still yet to do mine, so again I'm sorry :/.

but I'm sure you can find some other help around here for sure :).

Good luck!

Ru8aWjK.png

Thanks to Gone Airbourne for the awesome sig!

My Oc's,

Ponysona, Bella

Well after reading your OC I can see how this could be a challenge.

A challenge of mass proportion...

Hmm. I would definitely say that this is a unique character.While not cliche in form, as in his size, his personality is cliche. as in he stays solitary and if of large size e.t.c

Now if you do believe that you want to go for multiple kinds of roleplay, and feel like Atlas could not fit well, I would recommend a "ponysona". They are very simple to do, just take your appearance and personality and put it down into a pony form. That way you have a backup if Atlas cannot be used.

Of course he would be interesting if he was aloud. Especially in romance roleplays...

"You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!" Solaire of Astora.

• 2 weeks later...

youre oc is actually really good mate down down grade it cos you don't think you'll fit in. keep it and embrace i have seen and drawn stranger (pluse for suigintou)  ( i still haven't gotten around to making mine yet) 

img-1907748-4-applebloomsig_zps274e4906.

signature made by DaReaper

I just had an idea for an RP that could work with your OC, mine, and perhaps some others I've seen.  If you're interested let me know and I'll set up a planning/recruitment thread.  I don't really want to talk about the game idea here because it would be OT for this area of the Forum, but the working title is "Outcasts of the Everfree Forest."

• Brohoof 1

I just had an idea for an RP that could work with your OC, mine, and perhaps some others I've seen.  If you're interested let me know and I'll set up a planning/recruitment thread.  I don't really want to talk about the game idea here because it would be OT for this area of the Forum, but the working title is "Outcasts of the Everfree Forest."

If your still getting this - yes I would be interested. If it's going to be a Public Thread though, I am going to need an OOC thread first. If Private, drop us a message X3

Yes, I'm getting this.  I just sent the other player a PM.  If they want to RP with Atlas, I'll set up a game for the three of us.  If not, I'll set up separate games for Sunyatay and each character.  Do you have a preference regarding Public or Private?

Yes, I'm getting this.  I just sent the other player a PM.  If they want to RP with Atlas, I'll set up a game for the three of us.  If not, I'll set up separate games for Sunyatay and each character.  Do you have a preference regarding Public or Private?

I don't particulary prefer one way or the other, but I suppose that decision depends on how many people you can get together.

One thing to bear in mind however is that I'm English - depending on where you are, this means I am between five to seven hours ahead of you. In layman's terms, I'll be in bed sleeping when most RP'ers are online - going too fast would mean I'd have to drop out due to being unable to keep up.