Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anyone here play Pokemon Showdown?

Ampharos

(edited)

Do you? If you clicked on this then I'm assuming you do. My name's Fancy RamI'll play OU and randoms, as well as double battles. Anyone game?

(I'll admit I'm not the best. But I do have a powerhouse and a last resort. The last resort usually doesn't end well, but I've sweeped teams with it. So yea)

Edited by Ampharos

• 1 month later...

I actually haven't heard of this before hand. I assume that its sort of like Pokemon online or stuff like that?

Frankly I never played pokemon online either, but i do know what it is.

I've been sticking to the handheld games mostly frankly.

@@Zygen, @@Blue Moon,

From what I've gathered from my google fu, pokemon showdown is a battle simulator like pokemon netbattle / shoddy battle / pokemon online. The interesting thing is that it looks like it's browser based and the quality of it is rather amazing considering this. Colour me impressed! *watches random battles*

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 2

From what I've gathered from my google fu, pokemon showdown is a battle simulator like pokemon netbattle / shoddy battle / pokemon online. The interesting thing is that it looks like it's browser based and the quality of it is rather amazing considering.

That pretty much sums up pokemon showdown. There are several different kinds of battles such as OU and random battles. It's free to join and is a lot of fun. 

I'm interested. I think I'll make an account and a team, I guess, and I'll post my username here. It sounds like a lot of fun, but I'll probably do bad at it considering I haven't played Pokemon in a while.

Holy crap this was so sudden. Um... hi? I changed my name recently to Fancy Ram so uh... yea. I might get on pretty soon to play some of you guys if anyone wants to play.

I played on smogon for a good year then quit, I'd say I was getting pretty good. I'll try this out because it's about 100 times easier to make team on simulators like this than ev train or hack.

@@Blue Moon,

You can go to Team Builder and customize your own team or do a random battle which gives you random okemon with random move sets. If you're gonna make a team, I would recommend having them all be from one tier, whether it be OU, UU, RU, or whatever. I'm on right now so yea.

@@Blue Moon,

You can go to Team Builder and customize your own team or do a random battle which gives you random okemon with random move sets. If you're gonna make a team, I would recommend having them all be from one tier, whether it be OU, UU, RU, or whatever. I'm on right now so yea.

Okay, I made an OU team. Should I make more teams from other tiers, or should I be fine for just right now. My team is probably not the best in the world, but oh well.

@@Blue Moon,

It's really up to you. Ou is probably the one that most people battle in, but there are definitely people in the other tiers. You should also join the lobby chat if you haven't, cuz I can't seem to find your name :P 

I've known about it for a while and I have thought about using it before but I was never motivated enough to actually get started. 

Maybe one of these days I'll try it out and then get swept a couple times before giving up on it completely. It sounds kinda fun.

Do you? If you clicked on this then I'm assuming you do. My name's Fancy RamI'll play OU and randoms, as well as double battles. Anyone game?

(I'll admit I'm not the best. But I do have a powerhouse and a last resort. The last resort usually doesn't end well, but I've sweeped teams with it. So yea)

You know, I just had an intense battle with some guy and ended up crushing his last Pokemon, an Aggron, with a level 1 Starly xD

@,

I assume it was the focus sash/endeavor starly right? I hate that so much, but it actually is a fairly good strategy. If you didn't do that well then this is a tiny bit awkward.

@,

I assume it was the focus sash/endeavor starly right? I hate that so much, but it actually is a fairly good strategy. If you didn't do that well then this is a tiny bit awkward.

I did it well, but the guy had a Sableye, and Endeavor doesn't affect Sableye :L

Still, wanna battle sometime? I'm bored. Really bored.

@,

I guess I could right now. I'm not busy and I'm also bored. I'll go on right now. I might edit my team real quick though, since there are some things I would like to change.