Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Cadence and Shining Armor Foal(s)

Solar Dasher

*WARNING* Potential Spoilers about Cadence Backstory

In the book "Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell" we find out that Cadence was born a pegasus pony before becoming a alicorn. We also know that Shining Armor comes from a line of unicorns So what does everyone think will come of a foal (or foals) born of both of them?

Maybe not. Hell, how did Mr.Cake and Mrs.Cake get both?! Genetics in Equestria:Do not attempt to figure out. Its not possible to really figure out. Unless Twilight directly states how to get each trait that would enable a unicorn, pegasus, and earth pony, the chances of figuring this out is rather slim. Look at some aspects:

Berry Punch pulls in Berry Pinch (unicorn) but, Berry is an Earth Pony.

Many writers pair Ditzy with Time Turner (Doctor Whooves) and thus Dinky is their child. How does an Earth Pony+Pegasus=Unicorn? Then again, Time Turner shows up AS a Pegasus, but that still wouldn't equate to a unicorn. 

(edited)

Digibrony (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqQ1piy-7sQ) and PaleoSteno (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bolwd7xaZvs) take on the Pony Genetics and Pony mating habits topic on and seem to get a good idea on it. I don't know, I would assume the outcoming foal(s) would either be unicorns or pegasi. It also seems that ponies can become alicorns and are not born as alicorns (I personally think Celestia and Luna are the only TRUE alicorn, born with wings and horn, seeing as they are old as all get out) but thats my own personal head-cannon.

Edited by Solar Dasher

(edited)

I think everyone is looking into this hole genetics thing wrong! Lol It's just pony's lying because they all knew that they cheated and got around Equestria

Mrs.Cake I'm looking at you honey

Edited by GlamourDolly

(edited)

Well if you ask me, If Cadence and Shining Armor had a foal I think it would be an alicorn. Mostly because it would make a good 2 parter episode. It just seems now that Cadence is a alicorn the jean would be very strong to me.

Mrs.Cake I'm looking at you honey

Mrs. Cake did not on cheat Mr. Cake. I believe this worlds genetic concept. If you are an earth pony and you have a family member who is a unicorn or a pegasus, there is a chances it well a different type. 

Many writers pair Ditzy with Time Turner (Doctor Whooves) and thus Dinky is their child. How does an Earth Pony+Pegasus=Unicorn? Then again, Time Turner shows up AS a Pegasus, but that still wouldn't equate to a unicorn. 

Isn't the story that Derpy adopted Dinky? Thats what I always thought.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

Well if you ask me, If Cadence and Shining Armor had a foal I think it would be an alicorn. Mostly because it would make a good 2 parter episode. It just seems now that Cadence is a alicorn the jean would be very strong to me.

Mrs. Cake did not on cheat Mr. Cake. I believe this worlds genetic concept. If you are an earth pony and you have a family member who is a unicorn or a pegasus, there is a chances it well a different type. 

Isn't the story that Derpy adopted Dinky? Thats what I always thought.

Haha tale as old as time.In fear of Mr.Cake finding out she lied

In other words Mrs.Cake was baking her sweets in another pony's oven

Shining armor gonna be a baby daddy also, queen chrysalis had his baby also, j/k dont think the writers gonna throw that in i'm guessing it gonna be pegasus since that is cadances orginal form but a alicorn baby interesting

(edited)

Haha tale as old as time.In fear of Mr.Cake finding out she lied

In other words Mrs.Cake was baking her sweets in another pony's oven

Have you seen Carrot Cake and Pumpkin Cake last?

The 2 look exactly alike. They have the same main and coat color. Even their tails are the same.

mlp.s02e13.cakes_.png

Besides, how would Mrs. Cake even come up with this kinda of story? There would be no way she would think of this after giving birth to two babies. It would be amazing if she was still conscious after this.

Mrs. Cake did not cheat on her husband.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

@pinkie

Darling please lighten up it's just out of fun...

and it would have been easy for her to come up with the story because she planned ahead..She knew if her new youngins didn't come out as pony's she'd have to lie and say they were in her blood line somewhere :P

Many writers pair Ditzy with Time Turner (Doctor Whooves) and thus Dinky is their child.

But when Time Lord DNA is involved, nothing is for certain.

But yeah, most people assume Dinky is Derpy's daughter. Me? I say Dinky is actually Golden Harvest's boyfriend's sister. Within the show, you actually see Goldie with Dinky more than you see Derpy with Dinky. In fact, I don't think they have ever been seen together.

Written_Script_and_Golden_Harvest_with_f

I too pair Derpy and Time Turner, but my theory. Thanks to Wibbly -Wobbly Timey-Wimey stuff (which is always involved when your boyfriend's a Time Lord), it turns out Dinky is actually Derpy's mother.

As for Amethyst Star, that purple/pink unicorn that was with Dinky in the Sisterhooves Social competition? She's Derpy and Time Turner's daughter from the future!

I guess that means they should have been disqualified from the Social, on account of them secretly being grandmother and granddaughter, not sisters.

post-12583-0-26848800-1372566767_thumb.gif

But then they would have missed the pie.

Wait, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, I think Cadence and Shining's foal would be a unicorn, due to the predominance of the unicorn gene.

(edited)

@pinkie

Darling please lighten up it's just out of fun...

and it would have been easy for her to come up with the story because she planned ahead..She knew if her new youngins didn't come out as pony's she'd have to lie and say they were in her blood line somewhere img-1606884-1-tongue.png

I know it's all in good fun. My fun is disproving the idea that Mrs. Cake cheated on Mr. Cake.img-1606884-2-yay.png  Besides you forgot something. The unicorn genes is on Mr. Cakes side of the family. Another trait that the father and daughter share. Also. I'm pretty sure Mr. Cake would know if he had a unicorn on his side of the family and it would be odd Mrs. Cake suddenly know that and not him. So I have disproving you once again.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

I know it's all in good fun. My fun is disproving the idea that Mrs. Cake cheated on Mr. Cake.yay.png  Besides you forgot something. The unicorn jean is on Mr. Cakes side of the family. Another trait that the father and daughter share. Also. I'm pretty sure Mr. Cake would know if he had a unicorn on his side of the family and it would be odd Mrs. Cake suddenly know that and not him. So I have disproving you once again.

I know it's all in good fun. My fun is disproving the idea that Mrs. Cake cheated on Mr. Cake.yay.png  Besides you forgot something. The unicorn jean is on Mr. Cakes side of the family. Another trait that the father and daughter share. Also. I'm pretty sure Mr. Cake would know if he had a unicorn on his side of the family and it would be odd Mrs. Cake suddenly know that and not him. So I have disproving you once again.

Random pegasus colt....that looks like neither parent. Explain thou answer. I can see Pumpkin Cake. Pound looks....nothing like either parent.

Actually, this can be explained as such.
It does have something to do with genetics, and for those of you who deny that, if that's the case, than Equestria is full of whorses. Anywho, here is an example:

If you have blue eyes, but neither of your parents do, that means you got the genes from someone else in your family. Come to find out, your grandfather has blue eyes. Therefore, you got your eyes from your grandfather. How? Genes. Your parents genes that are in you can pass on to your child, although you do not possess them.

• Brohoof 1

It does have something to do with genetics, and for those of you who deny that, if that's the case, than Equestria is full of whorses. Anywho, here is an example:

If you have blue eyes, but neither of your parents do, that means you got the genes from someone else in your family. Come to find out, your grandfather has blue eyes. Therefore, you got your eyes from your grandfather. How? Genes. Your parents genes that are in you can pass on to your child, although you do not possess them.

Still, assuming this, the pony still would look somewhat like the parents, they never touched on features other than wings and magic. Its a little weird that Pound Cake isn't explained. Then again, she could have, lets say..cheated to get Pound Cake? Its been shown you /can/ get pregnant again while you're pregnant. Meaning:The Cakes aren't really twins. 

(edited)

Still, assuming this, the pony still would look somewhat like the parents, they never touched on features other than wings and magic. Its a little weird that Pound Cake isn't explained. Then again, she could have, lets say..cheated to get Pound Cake? Its been shown you /can/ get pregnant again while you're pregnant. Meaning:The Cakes aren't really twins. 

Pumpkin Cake is really explainable, but for Pound Cake, he could have got it from his great grandparents, for genetics can stretch as far as they can go. We have never seen their great grandparents, so we can't automatically assume Mrs. Cake cheated, and yes genes from your greats can pass on to your children. Cheating could be a possibility, but unless there is further evidence other than assuming Mrs.Cake is a cheater, there is no other possibility than genetics itself.

Edited by Pandah-Sama
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Since most parents seem to have foals of the same sort they are, my guess is that what happened to the Cakes is exceptionally rare. In the case of a mixed parentage, i.e. one parent a pegasus and one a unicorn, the foal would typically be one or the other.