Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So I have recently watched the Equestria Girls movie and I have to say it is pretty good. But what I thought was total bullshit is the beginning. 

At the start of the movie, Twilight acts like having wings is a total hell. She tries to fly but then falls down.

This wouldn't be a big deal, that is, if she didn't fly flawlessly at the end on the S3 finale. I mean, she flew as good as Rainbow Dash and pulled of a triple-corkscrew. 

How did she forget how to fly so fast?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So I have recently watched the Equestria Girls movie and I have to say it is pretty good. But what I thought was total bullshit is the beginning. 

At the start of the movie, Twilight acts like having wings is a total hell. She tries to fly but then falls down.

This wouldn't be a big deal, that is, if she didn't fly flawlessly at the end on the S3 finale. I mean, she flew as good as Rainbow Dash and pulled of a triple-corkscrew. 

Well, pitcure it like this. Maybe she was so excited after the coronation about having wings she jumped off to fly to test her new wings, but didn't really know how to fly. She just flew like that cause she was excited.

But, as time went on, she knew she could't really fly hence the way Twilight was acting toward her wings in Equestria Girls. smile.png

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves

It was probably like how the babies when their just born have magic influxes and stuff.  well that much magic in Twilight probably is the same way.  She had abnormal bursts of flight and stuff.

I think maybe she flew badly at the beginning since she stated she was nervous, and still getting used to the wings. At the end, she was NOT nervous, and she probably got used to the wings. Or that she was a human and it was easier to fly.

Or it was just cartoon logic.

She is still getting used to the wings but, when your nervous sometimes you lose focus when your trying to do something. So, she probably became nervous but in Season 4 she will get more used to the wings.

I'm just gonna guess it was a spur of the moment or magic helped or something.

Regardless I like how she isn't a master at flying now atleast, opens some opportunity for some different episodes and stuff.

(edited)

I'm going to go with the others and say that it was a spur of the moment "I-wasn't-paying-much-attention" reaction from her.

When I was little, I would dive into pools, swim and go under water. I had little inhibition.

When I got older, and realized I had not properly learned how to swim like others had, I feared water to the point that I'd panic and make a situation worse. I overthought and ended up being a mess in water despite being fearless and a pretty decent swimmer when I was little.

Of course this changed as I swan more when I got even older, but you know.

So she could have one of those moments with her flight abilties. That, or she knows how to fly as she is an alicorn and perhaps is automatically equipped with knowledge of flight whereas normal pegasi aren't.

But that is just her flying abilities. In the start of the movie, I think she was more annoyed at the fact that she had wings at all, like when she was trying to sleep and she couldn't put them down.

Edited by Razzmataz

I don't think her having troubles with her wings in Equestria Girls was BS, I think her flying perfectly fine without a single drop of experience was BS.

Though, I think Twilight flying into the foreground at the end of "Magical Mystery Cure" was just a cute little detail. I think it was just to show off that she would be flying in the later seasons with her new wings. Just a thought.

• Brohoof 1

I'm kind of thinking that last bit at the end of the S3 finale was a plot device, and nothing else, they wanted something fancy for the end of the episode/season, I try to pretend it didn't happen. It's somewhat breaking the fourth wall too.

Or, if you want to try and be realistic about it, here's this.

Alicorns that get their wings later on in life can fully use them for a few days, but say a month or so, lose all ability and have to learn to properly fly/use them again.

• Brohoof 2