is it weird that i fantisise about being a pony?

MLPRainbowDash

I had this dream where I was walking in the street next to my old home in the dead of night, and a van was driving and stopped in front of me. The door slid open and I entered, and inside it was like a huge cave that rose so high you can't see the top. There was a Pile of rocks in the middle and on top was a strange brown pony that spoke in a very deep voice about me and my deepest most darkest feelings... 

It was very strange...

I don't remember the rest, though...

But I have more than once dreamt about me being a pony, Life is so full of corruption and hatred that we often have the need to escape from reality.

Dreams are torture, they give you a brief taste of joy and freedom, barely enough to keep you going, too little to make you happy.

But it's good to bring as much pleasure into your dreams!!!!!!   :D  :D  :D

• Brohoof 1

I think just about every brony and pegasister has fantasied about being a pony at some point in time. I don't think its weird at all, the real world is just so boring that I think fantasizing about anything where you may live in an alternate world is common. MLP related or not people are always doing something like this. Just gotta brake free from the real world sometimes....

i can lucid dream every night im soo good at it i can control my dreams idk why i like to dream that though it might be just to satisfy my need for thinking about it idk i just now its fun hanging around with the mane 6 every night

I find that fact alone just...fascinating. I have only been able to lucid dream only two...maybe three times in my entire life. One of the experiences was pretty awesome though. In my dream I was in my house, and then realized I was dreaming in my dream so I just flew out of there, made a lightsaber appear in my hand and killed a giant spider with it. :3

lol just disregard that^^

Anyways, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Dreams are one of the best ways of escape from real life and the problems you go through in reality. Dreams are epic. And so is being a pony in Equestria. :)

Yes. That is weird, that is very weird and after a point it may the boundary into unhealthy. I get liking the show, but actively fantasizing about being a pony in ponyville just borders on obsession.

From my point of  view that fantasize about something - normally. Just the fact of such fantasies is considerable enthusiasm, but who doesnt goes astray in his own crazy way?

Edited by unil

WHAT WHY WOULD IT BE WEIRD. seriously what are you doing here if you DON'T want to be a pony! (just kidding not everyone has to want to be one to like the show) personally, I love imagining being a different thing that i'm not. And not to mention how hard it is for me to decide on my pony oc's color scheme, buuut that's another story.

Considering how many HiE-turned pony fanfics there are out there (most of them bad, mind you, but some of them are...decent to good), it's not uncommon to say the least.

Is it weird? No. Doing it repeatedly? Maybe. Doing it every chance you get? It's your time, use it how you like.

Nope not weird at all. As long as you are not delusional and really believe that it is going to happen. Fantasies are perfectly fine to have, they allow us to escape reality and go somewhere our mind wants to be. It's the equivalent to a vacation of the mind and everyone needs a vacation at some point.

No, not at all.  I mean look at how nice they are and how perfect the world is.  I wouldn't mind being one some days.  It just depends on the reason for the feeling.  Their personalities and characteristics are quite desirable....

Hell no! I fantasize about a portal opening up to Equestria and me turning into a pony all the time! It somehow helps me relieve the stress and anxiety I often get. So, there's nothing weird with it at all!

Also, it's called a "Fantasy" for a reason ^^

Edited by Swift Quill

Well considering that entertainment is also considered 'a tool of escapism' by many people it's not uncommon or weird to fantasize about it. I mean the whole reason we enjoy television and video games is because they allow us to experience things we couldn't in our normal, day to day lives. Wanting to continue that trend isn't abnormal or 'weird' or unhealthy. If you obsess over it and you begin to lose sight of what's real and what's a daydream, then it's time to start worrying lol.

• 1 month later...

I allways think about how great would be to live in equestria and be a mlp pony. i kinda hate all the troubles in real life and i want to scape from them so i think Its totally normal for a brony to think that.

i do the same thing, so i think its in the norm ( no bias here XD ) i wear my Wonderbolts hoodie around school, and it seems to make me more confident, and satisfy this imagination of mine :P... who doesnt imagine being something ? ( nopony -_- )