Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I was demoted to "Pony"

cuteycindyhoney
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

The amount of posts you need for each rank have been updated. To view what the new requirements are, just click on the badge underneath anyone's post. 

Here is some further information about the badges:

I enjoy the shiny.
In the past, numerous times in fact, people have suggested new badge icons, as well as the removal of certain other icons. While there's little doubt that badges are hardly a top priority, there is also the fact that, the set we've used until now is slightly dusty in it's entirety. People may remember a poll topic that was had a short while back, asking people's opinions about the duel Brony badges (the second of which no one has yet to even obtain ^_^ ). These two topics combined, have lead to a few changes to our badge system :) And just in time for BronyCon, as well.

First off, the two brony badges have been removed entirely. The vast majority of pollers either didn't like them, or had no fucks to give on the matter. Our theme goes from items to animals to ponies; all in-show elements, so, cancelling out these two tail-end badges that were fandom-related actually makes some sense.

Secondly, the following badges have been added.

All badges were made by Jokuc, who's style is so very polished that I dare say he's perfectly replicated Nico's original badges :D Thanks a lot, man!

The new ranking order will now go as follows:

Blank Flank (0) > Muffin (5) > Cupcake (40) > Parasprite (100) > Butterfly (200) > Squirrel (300) > Bunny (400) > Bird (600) > Phoenix (800) > Dragon (1000) > Changeling (1200) > Pony (1500) > Crystal Pony (3000) > Pegasus (5000) > Unicorn (7000)

Point amounts have been altered slightly, but not a terrible amount. While adding these new badges is something cool to have updated, completely revamping the system is neither needed nor optimal, in my opinion :3 It's still a great setup, and I also feel jostling amount and thus post count requirement too much would just be a misstep. Feel free to voice any thoughts on point value spacing; I tried to be fairly even and symmetrical with the rhythm. Sure, the line ends at 7000, but all I continued to see from the Certified Brony badge was 'it's rather high'. Perhaps in the future something else can be implemented to follow that up :3

Closing thought: 'Griffon' was a fourth and final badge I considered adding as well (made by Marcato), but I decided against it. As I mentioned earlier, our hierarchy, overall, goes from pony (or, a term for a pony, really), to items (food), to animals, to ponies (Changelings count as ponies because of their appearance). Griffon however isn't any of these three existing categories. I felt that, while the Griffon badge looks very nice, it wouldn't fit with the badge pattern we've established. Marcato agreed with me on the matter, but, for those interested in seeing the prototype for it yourselves, check out his post in the first linked topic regarding badge addition suggestions :3

Thanks for reading <3

img-1690004-1-LucifersLawyer.png
  • Brohoof 8

The rankings were recently retooled a bit because of the addition of a few new badges. You can read all about it here.

Pony is now the badge for members who have between 1500 and 3000 posts.

• Brohoof 5