Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lefties! What bugs you most about living in a right handed world?

Grand_Finale

When schools only have right handed scissors for use. My presentation is ruinee by these hideous scissors. 

LEFTIES MUST RISE AGAINST!

• Brohoof 4

As a left handed guitar player, I find the limited amount of guitars that are available for me annoying. My other option is to string a right handed guitar backwards but that gets messy.

• Brohoof 1

You can only fire muskets right handed, or else the flash blows up in your face and or hands

The lefties must arise from the chains of opression! We shall crush our tryannical right handed overlords, and usher in an era of peace, prosperity, and gayliness for all left-handed ones! It shall be glorious!

• Brohoof 3

Getting ink or graphite smeared all over the side of your hand when righting. It's such a pain in the but that I defer to pencil usually because of the two, pencil smears less. 

• Brohoof 4

Well if I had to decide what sucks the most about living in a mostly right handed population it would probably be how almost every handheld item is meant for right handed people. Especially baseball gloves!

Getting ink or graphite smeared all over the side of your hand when righting. It's such a pain in the but that I defer to pencil usually because of the two, pencil smears less. 

Grrrr..this^ 

I hate handwriting because of that.

There's also the nasty cultural bias against left-handed people, "left" is associated with clumsiness and "right" is...well, right. And don't even get me started on the origin of the word "sinister".

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ASinisterClue

• Brohoof 1

for me it's that etiquette is to wear a watch on your left hand, that's my emoting hand! if i buy a nice watch i'll always end up battering it through general use :( and if i try to wear a watch on my right hand, god help me if i want to change the time :S

Bumping elbows with my classmates. Most of my classes have long tables instead of desks, and said tables have three of us per, so unless I'm sitting on the far left, I always bumping elbows with my partners, which is always something that's a bit awkward to apologize for. That's why I'm teaching myself to be ambidextrous. I've made a lot of progress.

Writing, mainly with pencils as they smudge more. I also hate the fact that there are almost no left handed baseball gloves and other sports equipment.

LEFTIES! I HAVE READIED THE EXPLOSIVES!!!! NOVEMBER 5TH WE MARCH ON OUR RIGHT-HANDED OVERLORDS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

At the archery range they have no left-handed bows and I am forced to shoot right handed. :angry:

It annoys me so much! Which is why I am buying a left handed bow.

Edited by Super Derpy

The problem I have with my right hand is, I can't write or do anything with my right hand. Luckily, I'm stuck with my left hand. Maybe, I'll get used to my right hand in the future.

Ever been that one lefty in a Fighting class? Or had that moment where your rifle at the firing range launches hot empty shells on your hand? I only had the 1st one, but I got a shell stuck to my cheek for a second after it bounced off the wall. 'Twas funny. :3

• Brohoof 1

I'm EXTREMELY weird when it comes to people asking me if I'm left or right handed because I'm not ambidextrous but I use my left hand for writing and my right hand for everything else (like throwing a baseball, handling a bat, aiming a gun and etc.) and I can't write with my right hand worth a shit. lol So I guess I don't have the same problems as much lefties since I use my right hand for everything but writing. XD

Edited by Pegasus Device

Crap, I never realized only left handed people got the smudged hand from writing until I read this thread.. Well, I guess that's my worst thing about being left handed, but the scissors thing is a close second, I have to use scissors made for 5 year-olds...

I wonder how many left handed people are called Dexter Wright... (Dexter is Latin for right)

There's a system for that. I can't remember it exactly, but basically you write from right to left mirroring the letters. Of course it isn't official and you'd get an F if you wrote an essay like this, but it's logically correct, since it's more natural to write going against the tip of the thumb.