Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Metal Plates

Lost

There are a few topics floating around talking about what your worst injuries are, but i have a specific question.

Has anybody else had such a bad broken bone that you have had to have metal plates put in to hold your bone together?

I know that broken bones are somewhat common, but i rarely come across people who have metal plates  :comeatus:

I have two metal plates in my left arm that will remain in there for the rest of my life after breaking my arm... Well, i actually more than broke it, i fully snapped it in half, i actually am very lucky to still have my left hand.

When i run my hand over my arm i can actually feel the plates in my arm, and i have a few scars on my arm to go with it, this is the biggest one:

post-7214-0-67490500-1377486472_thumb.jpg

It is nearly the exact length of my iPhone, which is 4.5 inches according to Apple  ;)

So yeah....

Answer the question at the top i guess, maybe share how you ended up breaking your bone if you want  B)

• Brohoof 2

Well, first sorry about your accident.

Second, I believe you receive metal plates if the injury is very serious because I rarely see that kind of stuff, either that, or this is a new and permanent solution.

My Accident was a few years ago, i'm fine about it now, although i do have permanent nerve damage and problems with my left arm now :P

I did a little late night research about it and it is used for very serious breaks, ones where simply aligning the bone will not cause it to heal, for instance, i broke both the bones in my forearm so severely that a cast would not keep them straight.

• Brohoof 1