Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

It's time for a long overdue re-updated OP (as of 9/29/13). Spoiler tag it up if you want to check it out.

Welcome to the Metal Thread, kid.

Good job, you've found the best damn thread on MLP Forums. Lemme tell you how it works.

Basically, just post some heavy tunes. Let's talk about it! What's drawing you to this band? The tone, the lyrics? The ridiculous speed?

If one of us (or anyone else) makes a joke about what you've posted, don't take it too seriously. It's all in good fun.

Due to the often graphic nature of Metal and other heavy music, the rules are a bit less stringent around here in terms of swearing. The mods, being solid dudes, trust us to police ourselves for the most part. Do not, however, let yourself think you can do whatever you want with your posts. The last thing we want is our favorite thread shut down.

Next, and I'm going to make this one big for emphasis...

YOU DON'T HAVE TO ASK TO POST SOMETHING.

Seriously. If you think it's heavy, put it in here. The worst that'll happen is we'll chuckle and give other suggestions. No one is going to talk shit that you aren't "metal" or anything like that. Post your thing and tell us why you like it. That's the point.

Once in a while, you'll see us post a bunch of non metal. It breaks up the monotony and it's pretty random and semi-annual. Watch out for that.

Last thing, have a good fucking time in here! Talk to us! Learn about new bands! Plan an orgy! Long as you have a good time, we'll all be cool.

Metal on, new kid. Welcome to the thread.

• Brohoof 26

One of the best grind albums I've ever listened to. Might creep you out.

Awesome, link more when you can and I'll check 'em out :)

Will do, pony. Hopefully you'll like some of it!

• Brohoof 5

Some local metal! Since Trent Reznor is from Pennsylvania. :3

Not the heaviest, but it's considered "Industrial Metal", so I'll go with that.

• Brohoof 4

I see Hallowed Be Thy Name and I Wish I Had An Angel. Your post wins. :D

Though I personally like Planet Hell a little more than IWIHAW.

• Brohoof 1

Some local metal! Since Trent Reznor is from Pennsylvania. :3

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccY25Cb3im0

Not the heaviest, but it's considered "Industrial Metal", so I'll go with that.

Nine Inch Nails is awesome and you're awesome for liking them. ;)
  • Brohoof 1

I see Hallowed Be Thy Name and I Wish I Had An Angel. Your post wins. :D

Though I personally like Planet Hell a little more than IWIHAW.

Hallowed Be Thy Name is one of my favorite songs by Maiden, to be honest. :P

This must be in here.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSVBcm_BZRs

You sir, made this thread 20% cooler :'DDDD
  • Brohoof 2

:D Disturbed is my favorite band. Though I'm the type who believes they've only gotten better as time has gone by. Each album was better than the last (except for Believe which is the worst album imo, though I still love it) though I think Indestructible and Ten Thousand Fists are my favorites. I've come to really love Asylum though thanks to Serpentine, Another Way To Die and The Infection.
  • Brohoof 2

:D Disturbed is my favorite band. Though I'm the type who believes they've only gotten better as time has gone by. Each album was better than the last (except for Believe which is the worst album imo, though I still love it) though I think Indestructible and Ten Thousand Fists are my favorites. I've come to really love Asylum though thanks to Serpentine, Another Way To Die and The Infection.

In my opinion T.T.F. and Asylum are their best albums, i think 'another way to die' and their record 'ten thousand fists'

are just perfectly done :)