Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Princess Twilight Sparkle Commercial... Palace?.

Candy Blaze

The commercial has been showing for a while there is one thing that it bugging me. I'm the commercial, Twilight says, "Let's go see my new palace!"

Will Twilight actually get a new palace? Or is it just for the pleasure of a little girl's toy?

I actually don't like the design.... It's not show accurate as Hasbro always does.

post-16020-0-33486000-1379682556_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I actually don't like the design.... It's not show accurate as Hasbro always does.

img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

What'cha did there...I see it.  Also, is her cutie mark a button?  Is that why it's raised?  Also, didn't they make an entire movie about Twilight's crown?  And yet the one on this toy looks nothing like the one in that movie?

Edited by NLR Information Minister
  • Brohoof 1

there allready is a tread discussing this topic i think...

anyway, i think it's just a marketing thingy. if they give twilight a palace this early on then they would really waste a lot of story opportunities.

Hahahah, when ever I see that Toy I think of this

VVVVV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuPNz_WzDI0

On the toy related note, I don't really like the design either... I know it's meant to dazed children but... i don't like it.

Oh god my sides XD but just makes me hate the toys even more >< that doesn't sound at all like Tara Strong, Shining Armour does NOT have a bucking Mohawk >< erg but frustrating as it is it's not relevant.

She might get one in time but I don't think straight away it would kinda kill the small town feeling of ponyville to have this giant bucking Palace in the middle of it at the moment I'd just say whimsical pandering. Another theory judging how the toys look nothing like they are suppose to the toy division of hasbro has never seen the show and are just winging it with phrases due to her being a princess.

• Brohoof 1

Dat toy design....

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Lol. But seriously, that toy design for Twilight is horrible. She doesn't look like her self at all and it seems bedazzled beyond belief. I highly doubt that she's gonna have her own castle, at least anytime soon. I'm almost certain she won't be having her own place to rule in season 4. Maybe in the seasons after, but season 4 is just too soon.

We don't have to worry though. The toys are almost never cannon to the show. 

^If you ever heard of Princess Skyla, then that would be a really good example of one of the many toys never to be made cannon in the show. 

Edited by Dsanders
  • Brohoof 1

I think it would be pretty neat to see her get some sort of master Library instead of her own palace.  She doesn't seem the type to want some big shiny castle and we've already seen how much she loves books.  We've also seen how much she studied to get where she is, maybe in season 4 she'll become a bit more pro-active in getting other ponies interested in reading?  Might be a bit of a stretch but I would love to see that happen.  I don't like the toy design, however...  I wish they tried to go more show-accurate with the toys :\...  The least they could have done was give her purple wings instead of blue...

I've seen a lot of bad toy designs, but Hasbro really wanted to make the design look completely horrible just to make a huge profit. They should pay more homage to the show, by being more accurate to the character's design.