Your Opinion on Ramen Noodles?

uml4mj4m

So I was hungry one day, and I decided to make myself a bowl of Ramen Noodles. They tasted pretty good. And that got me thinking;

"What does MLP Forums think of Ramen Noodles?"

So yeah.

What do you think of Ramen Noodles?

Please don't hit me.

delicious_ramen_by_soapie_solar-d4opdd1.

• Brohoof 2

I have no opinion of them because I've never eaten them. The noodles themselves might taste good, but it's the other stuff that's in it that I don't like. Unless there is Ramen Noodles with just noodles. :P

Personally, I think it depends on the brand/type/flavor of Ramen you like. I've had some VERY tasty Ramen in my time, and then, I've had some pretty nasty ones.

So, to answer your question, I do in fact like Ramen.

post-19996-0-94959000-1380750597_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

I like ramen noodles, sadly there is nowhere around here that sells kamaboko and I'm not adventurous enough to try any recipe for it.  Though I prefer a good bowl of udon instead.

Ramen noodles are what I usually eat for my lunch. So, I love them, especially the flavored ones. I usually buy two boxes when I am shopping just so I can make extra sure I have enough to last a while. :)

I like ramen noodles, sadly there is nowhere around here that sells kamaboko and I'm not adventurous enough to try any recipe for it.  Though I prefer a good bowl of udon instead.

Mmm.. Udon.

There's a place not too far from me that makes absolutely killer Udon dishes. I uhmm.. I haven't been there in a while.

Looks like I know what I'm doing for dinner tonight!

Thank you! wub.png

• Brohoof 1

When cooked with the packet spice, it tastes awful.

When cooked without the packet spice, it's okay.

To me, it's best when uncooked. I don't know why, but it tastes good to me.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what meats, vegetables, or sauces go well with cooked ramen? I'd like to experiment with some myself.

As a college student, I have learned to appreciate instant Ramen Noodles. Because that, along with bread, peanut butter, and possibly some ham and/or turkey, is what I have to live on until I get paid. Fun times.

Ramen can be very tasty and very cheap, but contains very high sodium content so you have to be careful. Too much of anything can be bad for you and ramen is no exception.

Edited by superponylinux
  • Brohoof 3

Ramen? Eh... I'm eating it now actually. People say it's cheap and eaten by college kids and stuff, but I just like it's taste. If I could eat nothing but chinese food, I would. It may be unhealthy, but it's a damn good way to fill you up and what not. I approve.

Ramen is awesome. I love it, and I may have some for dinner tonight actually. I usually just eat the standard Maruchan stuff. I've had real ramen before, with vegatables/meat/ect. It's SO much better than the stuff you get at the store. Maruchan is still pretty good though. 

Beef and Tomatoe flavour is by far the best flavour of Ramen. I usually add a teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of dried chilli and paprika mix to give it a kick and then a drop of Tabasco (:

I absolutely love drinking the broth/juice after I've finished eating the noodles ;3

There's this REALLY good ramen place in my area. I've gone there a few times and I get cravings for their ramen every once in a while. The place is really popular too, and they always have a huge line.

The cheap Cup Noodles kind is decent, I suppose. It's not really super delicious, but if you're hungry they can be pretty good. They're pretty cheap and easy to make too. Dang, I kind of want some now lol

I eat it quite a lot, the ones you can buy in the package. My favorite is Chicken Flavored and it's one of my favorite foods, so it's obvious what my opinion on Ramen is. It's good.

They taste meaty for a bowl of noodles, and they're very filling. I went through this phase this summer where all I would eat was Ramen noodles; it went on for about 2 weeks.

yeah i eat it a few times a week usually. it's easy to fix and stuff. usually get the beef, chicken, or pork.

but my all time favorites, when i get the chance to buy them are any of the spicy ones.

picante beef

chili

habanero lime chicken/shimp.

i love hot stuff. mmmmmmm <3

watch out for the high sodium amounts though.

mmmmmmmmmm ramen. They're great because you can get it for cheap and turn it in to something fancy. But like superponylinux and missmachine said, watch your sodium intake!

Edited by decoherence

I'm all good with it. If I'm really hugery and lazy, I would eat that. Also when I am sick I find it easy to eat. And its was good to eat for the two weeks when I had my wisdom teeth remove.

Grossity. In my junior year of college, I ate nothing but ramen for, like, a month. Now I can't even stand to look at the stuff. I do, however, like, this particular flavor of Cup Ramen:

20120909_b4588e.png

Cuz, really, it's the broth that ruins it for me. This stuff isn't typical ramen broth, though, so I'm cool with it.

Going along with that, I actually do like the noodles. Like I said, it's just the broth. So I used to cook the noodles, alone, with chicken bullion.

I also like udon, even though it's basically the same thing. Though I do prefer pan-fried udon to the stuff in broth.

Edited by Clover Heart

Well, I personally eat them on a cold day or when there really isn't anything else to eat in my house. :P

They are not the most healthy thing you could eat though...they're filled with sodium and fat. But hey, that's why you don't eat them everyday. xD

Well. They're noodles... From Asia. I'm not too sure what else to say about them .__.

They're pretty tasty. I'll eat some ramen whenever there's nothing else to eat, but I wouldn't eat ramen as a meal. Especially since the cups of ramen are really cheap versions of actual ramen.

Look at this.

2011_3_31_337_004.jpg

Then look at this.

Ramen.jpg

Which one do you want?

• Brohoof 1