Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Extra Money for Bronycon

Z-Monii

I was just wondering how much I needed to bring to Bronycon 2014 for vendors and other stuff like that. I am looking for estimated guess from somepony who went or somepony who knows of another brony that has gone. I am aking this because I saw a post that somepony answered and said they spent 480$ for a plushie. I usually get 210$ around christmas time and my birthday (which is convenietly in the beginning of January) though I have to spend 140$ of that for two tickets to Bronycon 2014 which will leave me with 70$... is this enough to buy some shirts or do I need more? I feel like I'm going bare bones minimum when it comes to money for vendors.

Thanks for your time! Sincerely, ~Z-Monii

post-20249-0-00404000-1381955545_thumb.jpg

Edited by Z-Monii

I don't know if you've already factored this in or not, but you're also probably going to want to set aside some cash for travel, lodging (if you need either), and food (kind of important).  Food, in particular, at conventions can end up being obnoxiously expensive and you're definitely going to need it at some point.

Personally, I've never been to Bronycon, but to get a good idea of the prices, I'd recommend just taking a look at the prices listed for these sort of things on Ebay/Amazon.  I can't imagine them being too different at Bronycon.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

I attended BC2013 and I ended up spending more at the vendor's than I had planned.  Plushies can get expensive ($~2000.00 for a very big one), but I got a Twilight (non-princess) and pinkie (high quality) for $150.00.  The Bronycon plushies were $25.00 each, if I remember right.  The first vender you'll probably want to visit will be the SugarCube Corner (We Love Fine). which will have a big line from the start of day one to the end (t-shirts will be $25.00+).  If you need a 2x or 3x t-shirt you'll need to get there on day one to make sure you get what you want.  If you wear a medium or large you might be able to wait until day two when the line gets a little smaller (I recommend you get in line and get what you want on the first day).  Some items are cheaper on the internet than at the con and some items are dirt cheap on the last day of the con (plushies and t-shirts are not discounted, because they just take them home and sell them on the internet).  Pictures, and things like that could be 2 for 1 on the last day (remember that's 2 for 1 of what's left, you won't have a choice at that point).  All that having been said.  Don't worry about how much you have to spend at the vendors.  That isn't what it's all about.  BC2013 was my first con of any type and it was the best thing I've done in my life (I'm 40).  I'm going again for 2014.

FireFox

p.s.  Bring your own water, soda, sports drink, etc.  and make sure you have plenty with you when you leave your hotel for the day.