I'm worried about characters getting married

AstroNova

Shining Armor and Cadence are shipped and it's still for little girls. Nobody's asking for hardcore R34 in an episode, just a cute couple and some marriage. smile.png

They were introduced as a couple.

And we all know kid's shows never get canon pairings.

img-2011760-1-Kim-Possible-Finale-8-web.

img-2011760-2-Robin-and-Starfire-teen-ti

img-2011760-3-Gwevin-gwen-kevin-gwevin-9

Never, ever, never.

How many of those were lesbian?

Previously known as Spoderman.

wowe

I don't want shipping in MLP. PLEASE  NO! 

Dude, okay, we get it, you hate shipping, you don't need to freak out on anyone who says they're pro shipping. Look, I mean no offense, but reading this entire thread it sounds to me that you're obsessed with Spitfire and desperately want to prevent shipping from happening in the show for fear that it might be Spitfire with someone else, that someone else of course not being you. This assertion is based on your extreme hostility to the anyone saying they're pro shipping, regardless of whether or not they're being polite, and by your own admission that the reason you're against shipping is because you have a crush on Spitfire

Being against shipping because you have a crush on one of the characters is frankly a silly reason, she's not real, she doesn't know you and never will, so wanting the writers to avoid shipping her with anyone because of your hopeless (hopeless because you will never be with her) crush on her isn't right. Get over her, she's not real and never will be, you'll only make yourself miserable if you don't.

Correct me if this assertion is wrong, tho.

Edited by Sir Wulfington
  • Brohoof 1

Proud Supporter of Communism

I'm sure I've said this before in a different thread, but I'm against any of the Mane 6 getting into relationships. 

I think a relationship would just mess up the status quo and would just detract from the Mane 6's interactions with eachother. Its a show about friendship above all else after all. It'll take away from the lighthearted, slice of life aspect. 
Plus, I'm sure there'll be a lot of fans that'd object to their waifus being stolen, as well as the possibility of the writers not handling the introduction of a relationship properly. 

I think they'd do well to just steer clear from that whole minefield and not change the formula that's worked for three seasons. Just leave the shipping to the fanfiction. 

Edited by Apocalyptic_Unicorn

Well that's a different topic altogether, isn't it?  The topic here is the main characters getting married.  While there are gays that get married, most couples are heterosexual.  You'll have to forgive me for not thinking this was about homosexuality without any reason to believe it was.

I don't think there will be any shipping, at least not for the main characters, Lauren Faust said so herself. I wouldn't mind a babies after ending for the series finalle though, and they don't have to show their husbands laugh.png

img-2932814-1-Siggy_zps681ace54.png

They were introduced as a couple.

Kittyandbunny.png

Courage the Cowardly Dog.

w-i-t-c-h-witch-1750968-1024-768_zpsa29a

Check out my W.I.T.C.H. and MLP Review and Comparison blog! Now up and running! Link in picture!

See that's the main thing,

the idea that some fans wanna take shipping off the table as an option makes me wanna ask for it.

imagine if you were a gathering of fans in front of the mlp writing staff, who put a bunch of plot points on a table in front of everyone.

And the anti shipping crowd ran up and grabbed any and all cards with shipping ideas in began tearing them up going

Them

"NO YOU Can't have it!"

Me

"I want what ever those were."

Who are these people so important they can impose themselves and go "No, no no."

You'd think these people would do something constructive like spreading snips and snails hate.
Do you know why they don't bother?

Cause no one likes snips and snails, and despite that there not going any where LOL.

as apposed to 30-50 percent of the fan base is either pro shipping or at least indifferent.

Yes shipping might ruin the show.

I and many fans aren't scared of trying new things out of fear.

BUck that's what MLP Is all about.

If your scared of watching something new and bold (this is coming from a reformed hater)

how did you ever get into the show?

img-2017875-1-Kittyandbunny.png

Courage was a very odd show.  wasn't that aimed at 7 and up?

I know it was low, and way to low for that show LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvTYhrZUgYY

flight to the finish. i continue to improve,

img-2017875-1-Kittyandbunny.png

5jeq.png

Well that's a different topic altogether, isn't it?  The topic here is the main characters getting married.  While there are gays that get married, most couples are heterosexual.  You'll have to forgive me for not thinking this was about homosexuality without any reason to believe it was.

I think it's fairly obvious in a show with six main characters being female, 99.99% of the fanbase wants a lesbian shipping in one way or another.

wowe

img-2017987-2-5jeq.png

I think it's fairly obvious in a show with six main characters being female, 99.99% of the fanbase wants a lesbian shipping in one way or another.

That is a gross overestimation.  Rarity and Twilight are heterosexual (this is canon).  Rainbow Dash has been implied to be heterosexual (get over it).  There has been no reason given to believe AJ, Fluttershy, or Pinkie are gay.  Shippers just hope for it because they're crazy.

What if the mane 6 and Spitfire gets married in Season 4? I can kind of see it with Soarin and Dash or Soarin and Spitfire, but they are my two favorite ponies. Err. I think I'd be extremely mad if that DID happen. img-1992794-1-dry.png

I it happens in one episode, the title could be "Seven Bridles for Seven Ponies". To be honest, I think that would make a great series ender! It'll never happen though, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

imageproxy_php.gif.79d30fb629f5f637d2be13581d906b35.gif

Thank you Sparklefan1234!!!

I don't think marriage in the mane 6 is very appropriate. However marriage of other characters such as the season 2 finale I'm fine with. We all know how those episodes went...They were pretty sweet happy.png  

rsds_zps7dff8b14.png

Thanks to Tao for making this sig for me ^^ 

Plus, why do you want Celestia to marry Twilight? They're both girls. *Face palm*

Excuse me while I toss in my two bits. Let's get real here for a moment. There is nothing wrong with two girls (or two boys for that matter) being in love.

• Brohoof 1

imageproxy_php.gif.79d30fb629f5f637d2be13581d906b35.gif

Thank you Sparklefan1234!!!

That is a gross overestimation.  Rarity and Twilight are heterosexual (this is canon).  Rainbow Dash has been implied to be heterosexual (get over it).  There has been no reason given to believe AJ, Fluttershy, or Pinkie are gay.  Shippers just hope for it because they're crazy.

I'm not on it to get over my dear boy.  Show me where it's implied dash is straight?

Cause faust is merely head fanon at this point. 

Hell she could be A sexual just as like.  amazed no one suggested that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvTYhrZUgYY

flight to the finish. i continue to improve,

I it happens in one episode, the title could be "Seven Bridles for Seven Ponies". To be honest, I think that would make a great series ender! It'll never happen though, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I really like that title. Unfortunately, when I thought about it a bit more, I realized the BDSM overtones to it. Which in a way is appropriate given the source material now that I think further.

Hrmmmm.... There's a lot of potential here, for someone of a creative writing bent. You could always go all the way back to the Roman legend, do some gender flipping so that the mares are in the 'main' roles... Hrmmmm......

• Brohoof 1

ConsoleSig4.png

Because bisexuals don't exist, right? wacko.png

• Brohoof 2

Lauren said they wouldn't touch on Dash's sexuality in anyway iirc, and I wouldn't consider EG/EQG canon, but sure.

I also shouldn't have generalised and stated "A good chunk of the fanbase into shipping want lesbian one way or another"

wowe

I don't think we need any help from the show itself when it comes to shipping and marrying the characters. That's been pretty well taken care of. And if the writers know how much fanfiction and art are out there I'm sure they agree. laugh.png

And when did this become a debate about gay marriage in cartoons?

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone

"Human beings fascinate me

Being just the way they are..."

Dude, okay, we get it, you hate shipping, you don't need to freak out on anyone who says they're pro shipping. Look, I mean no offense, but reading this entire thread it sounds to me that you're obsessed with Spitfire and desperately want to prevent shipping from happening in the show for fear that it might be Spitfire with someone else, that someone else of course not being you. This assertion is based on your extreme hostility to the anyone saying they're pro shipping, regardless of whether or not they're being polite, and by your own admission that the reason you're against shipping is because you have a crush on Spitfire

Being against shipping because you have a crush on one of the characters is frankly a silly reason, she's not real, she doesn't know you and never will, so wanting the writers to avoid shipping her with anyone because of your hopeless (hopeless because you will never be with her) crush on her isn't right. Get over her, she's not real and never will be, you'll only make yourself miserable if you don't.

Correct me if this assertion is wrong, tho.

Fine, you caught me. KUbAnTY.png

Anyways, I haven't been "miserable" any ways. laugh.png

I've actually been quite happy. Oh, and did I forget to mention I am doing excellent in school? lol

img-1732076-1-E8WzO9a.png

Credit to *Nova* for the awesome signature! 

Fine, you caught me. img-2026497-1-KUbAnTY.png

Anyways, I haven't been "miserable" any ways. img-2026497-2-laugh.png

I've actually been quite happy. Oh, and did I forget to mention I am doing excellent in school? lol

You're fine now, at least. Eventually, tho, I predict that will change. To desire that which one cannot have is a terrible thing.

Proud Supporter of Communism