Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Notification Emails not working?

The Elusive Cinder
Go to solution Solved by Lavo,

So since I started roleplaying a while back, I've always had my notifications set to email me with updates instantly. It worked great: Someone would post and my phone would receive the email to updates me a few minutes later.

For over a week now though, they haven't been working properly.

I still receive the emails, but they all arrive in bulk between 8:30 and 9:30 am - usually 50 or so, one after the other, usually 6 - 7 at a time.

I thought at first it was my email not forwarding on to me properly, but I am still receiving all my other emails on time. My settings all look right on here and I get notifications fine - just no emails.

Is this just me, or is anyone else having the same issue? Is this a known problem or an isolated case?

Idk, sounds like a possible delay of some kind on the technical side, but it could possibly be settings.

I could be mistakend but there is a setting that says something about how long it takes for notifications (Email and site i think.) to get to you.

I could be wrong, but i'd check that to make sure regardless. Never know if you missed something i guess.

Other then that i guess you'd have to leave it up to someone whos able to influence the technical side, which i cannot unfortunately.

Good luck!

I honestly do not know what could be causing this - hopefully one of the developers could chime in on this issue soon.

In the meantime - are you still experiencing this problem?

We seem to be having trouble sending emails to anyone using microsoft's email services (Hotmail/Live/Outlook), their email filtering is too restrictive and their "junk" box is not a junk box it's just emails their system is unsure of if it's junk.

Until we sort out whatever is causing this issue with them, actually even if we do I still advise this, move email service to something like Google Mail which will ALWAYS deliver email to you regardless of what it's spam filtering system thinks (As in their spam folder is actually spam, not just email it thinks is spam).

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Seems as if this has been answered by Lavo, so Im going to go ahead and lock this topic up 
Have a great day :D