private Golden Corruption

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

Lee looked around at every pony, a little stunned. He then glanced at Charcoal. "Wha-... Ar-..." He couldn't get the words to come out right. He composed himself again and was able to finish his sentence this time. "What is going on in here? I was able to feel the emotions from half way across the ship!" He looked Charcoal right in the eyes, "Are you alright?"

Edited by Dave Pyro

@@Charcoal Embers,

"Not at all...I hope things'll change for you Char...I really do," Sunny said strangely as the tear that fell down her face dripped upon the bed. She hadn't expect so much sorrow from this...she had never felt it to this magnitude. Silently getting up, she gave Charcoal a brief smile as her eyes were still hidden by her mane. Without even a word, she left the room, sadness emitting from her entirely. Sunny didn't give a sound as she left and fled to who knows where in the ship.

@

Charcoal took a while to answer. "I... I was talking about my parents." Charcoal said, feeling another wave of tears getting ready to come around. "They... they did..." She couldn't do it. No matter how hard she tried she just couldn't go on. "They... they..." Charcoal tried taking another breath to calm herself. "They did horrible things to me."

Lee nodded, it all made a little more sense. He walked over and hugged Charcoal. "It'll be alright. They're gone aren't they? And if they decide to come back, well, you're one of my few actual friends I have. I doubt they would like to deal with an angry changeling." He smiled at her. "No matter what happens, I got your back ok?"

@

Charcoal hugged back. She felt the next wave of tears come and she embraced Lee. For the first time in many years, she actually felt safe. She continued to cry, but it wasn't all because of the sadness, part of it was because of the relief that she felt. "T-thank y-you."

Lee just held her tight, glad that her feelings of sorrow had started to change to security. "What are friends for?" He smiled, glad he could help here feel better. He looked over Charcoals shoulder at Jaeger and Guardian, casting them a glance that seemed to say, "What in hades did her parents do to this poor filly?"

@

After a bit of crying Charcoal finally felt cried out. She reluctantly broke the hug she had with Lee and sat up. "Thank you. I'm... I'm sorry for doing that. I'm not usually this... emotional. But..." Charcoal paused to find the right words. "But, now I guess I feel much safer."

Lee smiled. "Any time."  He wanted to be sure she knew that he would keep his promise. "If you hear anything about your parents at all, contact me. I'll get over to you as fast as possible and we'll see what we can do about them, ok?" As he said this, a plan was starting to form in his head to throw her parents off of her trail for good.

@

Charcoal smiled and nodded. "Sure. But, if you don't mind. I would kind of like to move away to a different subject. I enjoy talking to you and just being around makes me feel safe and secure." Charcoal said. She wasn't sure why she was getting so attached to him.

Lee nodded. "Sure. What ever you say." He smiled at her. "So, I think we should be nearing our destination soon. Is every pony going to be ready? Me and Moon Crypt are going to do some recon to gather some more information before we officially start the operation, we need a little more data on the town to see what's going on."

@

Charcoal thought for a while. "I... I'm not realm sure. Or at least I'm not sure about everypony else. I don't even know what I need to prepare for. Or what I'm even doing here." Now Charcoal was starting to feel worthless. What was she doing here? What skills was she contributing to this team?

@@@Charcoal Embers@,

"Now, if you excuse me, Solar... I'm feeling so much negative emotion on the other side of the ship, I'm surprised that it doesn't sink it. If you want to come with, that's fine, but if not, I'll be back in a few minutes."

There was a gentle knock on the door. It creaked open, revealing Moon Crypt poking his head in. "Everything alright? There seems so much self loathing and sadness over here that it could sink the ship." He shook his head. "Mind if I come in, or are you in the middle of something?"

Edited by Magos Amphrose

@

Charcoal looked up and saw a pony sticking his head in. "S-sure. Come on in. Sorry if I seem a little... emotional right now. I'm not really sure why that is. But I think I'm okay now. All I need to do now is calm down the rest of the way and I should be right as rain. I didn't mean to rhyme there."

@@Charcoal Embers, @, ((Pony? But he's a changeling... Hmm... I guess he hasn't dropped his disguise yet. Maybe he can playact as one of the ship's crew for a while. That would be like him. Yeah, go with that. To you, he's a random crew member- although it ain't foolin' Lee. If you could do me a favor and keep quiet, Lee...?))

He came in, smiling slightly. "Alright, then. If you're sure that you're OK..." He sighed. "From what I've heard in the hallway, you've got a bit of a loneliness issue. That's alright. That Lord Inquisitor fellow up front said something along the same lines. Being a loner ever since he could remember." He shrugged. "Said that his only true friend is a ghost... he liked it that way, though. I mean, he is a changeling, after all." He shrugged. "Can't say I don't disagree. Changelings are creepy things. This fellow's different, but, I mean... meh. Ship was attacked by some once. Remember having to spend days trying to convince myself that I could still feel anything."

He paused for a while. "But, of course, I'm blathering on and on and on about things that don't concern you. Forgive me, my mind tends to wander while I talk." He shook his head.

• Brohoof 1

@

((Charcoal just considers changelings ponies as well. Even if they technically aren't.))

Charcoal smiled. "It's not a problem. I find myself doing the same thing quite often." Charcoal said. There was something about this pony that just didn't seem right with Charcoal, but she just couldn't place her hoof on it.

• Brohoof 1

Lee looked at Moon Crypt for a moment. "What is he...OH!" Lee thought that to himself, realizing that Moon Crypt was using a disguise. "Sure, hey, speaking of the Lord Inquisitor, any message from him? Anything we need to do right now?" He looked at Moon Crypt and smiled, showing he understood what was going on.

@

Edited by Dave Pyro

(Sorry from no mention, but I'm at work.)

Solar Sentinel

It took a while for Solar to catch up with Lord Inquiaitor Moon Crypt, fallowing him through the airship to the area where almost everypony was. He could hear the conversation going on through the open door, confused. 'Crap,' he thought to himself. 'What am I supost to do. I want to help her but last time I put my hood I'm my mouth and started a dabate.'

Solar sees Jaeger sitting nearby and decides to walk over and sit next to him, not saying a word, listening to what was being said.

(Ooc: for future reference, did Charcoal and Solar butt heads over the rank discussion or where they having a frendly debate so I know how to react.)

Guardian stepped in. "Lee, you mind if I come join the recon. That's what Luna Branch does best" he said. He was getting bored sitting this still on the airship. He needed to be doing something. He patiently waited for the reply and went through a mental checklist.

@~SadisticSkycoaster~

Jaeger heard Solar sit next to him, he had actually wondered for a moment where the stallion had run off to, given the fact he was really the only one he wanted to talk to on the bloody ship. "So where did you go huh? Been gone a whole I was afraid you jumped off the ship or something." he said taking another puff from his cigar he had recently lit.

Edited by Frosty V

@

Lee looked up as Guardian called out to him. Walking over to him, he heard him ask to go on the recon. "Yes, that is what we do best, but I'm not really the one to ask. Moon Crypt is. I asked for the recon and he said he had already planned on going on one and I could join him." A look of amusement played across Lee's face. "I had asked if I could go and if he could come with me. He was already planning on going and said I could join him. It's kinda his deal."

@, @@Charcoal Embers, @,

"Alright... Well, if everything's settled, I think I'm going to head back up to the bridge. I reckon that Lord Inquisitor fellow is still up there if you want to ask him." He winked at Lee before walking outside. Halfway to the bridge, he dropped his pony disguise and re-entered the bridge again, taking a seat.

With the country flying below him, he could tell that they were not far from their destination...

((Hint, hint.))

Edited by Magos Amphrose

Lee walked back up to the bridge and sat down next to Moon Crypt again, shape shifting in to different forms, trying to figure out which looked the least suspicious. He finally chose an earth pony with a tan coat, brown mane and tail with an hour glass for his cutie mark. "People rarely suspect earth ponies, don't you think?" He asked Moon Crypt as he walked around. He felt his head and when he encountered no horn, he shivered. It was just an illusion, but some illusions were powerful. He'd once almost thought he'd grown his wings back when he took the form of a pegasus only to realize it was a phantom feeling after falling half way down the highest tower in canterlot. Luckily, it was the tower above Luna's room and she had caught him before he hit the ground. He'd gotten an earful for that little stunt. After that, he avoided changing in to almost anything with wings. Except Solar, but that had been extremely temporary.

• Brohoof 1

Charcoal walked to the bridge by herself. Once she got there she looked around to see if she could find somepony she knew. When she didn't see anypony she knee she sighed and went to a corner by herself. She was used to sitting alone and just looked over the edge of the ship at the moving landscape.

Lee walked over to Charcoal, still disguised as the earth pony. He looked away so she wouldn't be able to see his fangs and said, in a voice that sounded more nothing like his (((my character is, yes, disguised as Doctor Whooves, so imagine the doctor's voice while Lee is disguised and is talking. his voice would have a british accent to it))) "Hello there. How are you on such a fine weathered day such as this?"

@

((Yes yes, I know the doctor when I see him. Trust me, I spend too much time on the Internet to not know who he is.))

Charcoal looked at the pony who greeted her. "Oh, hey." She said in an even tone. "Say, do you know somepony on this ship named Lee? There was something I wanted to tell him." Charcoal said. Her heart was beating a mile a minute and she could feel a blush.