private Golden Corruption

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

"Why? Because there are more important ponies on this ship. I don't care if I need help, as long as the others are alright I will be too. You don't have to stay Sunny." Charcoal said. It was obvious she didn't plan on leaving, but Charcoal was still going to try.

@@Charcoal Embers

"See now, I think you need to smile a little more and hold that mane up high there like you did back in Canterlot," she nodded. "I know I don't have to do nothin' but...you're not used to meetin' very many ponies do you?" Sunny assessed, raising an eyebrow before sticking her tongue out playfully. "...if you really want me to go that badly though, I ain't gonna want to make ya upset..." She exaggeratedly drooped her ears and gave a puppy face to Charcoal.

Edited by Aerodynas

@@Aerodynas

Charcoal wanted to say she didn't need Sunny so badly, but that face just made her feel so guilty. "I... I don't..." Finally Charcoal gave up with a sigh. "Fine, you can stay. But I have been doing this for about 8 year. So don't expect me to be very talkative. Alright?" Charcoal asked.

Sunny immediately perked up and slid cooly behind Charcoal a distance. "Well then, let me relinquish you of such abilities. One doesn't not have to talk, if they sing instead..." she said with a clever yet smooth voice. She then slowly disappeared in the darkness of one of the rooms before blasting out in a series of dancing flips, landing right next Charcoal, with a sly look...hinting that she was getting ready to sing: almost as though blues/jazz instruments could be heard playing.

@@Charcoal Embers,

"You're not at peace are you? heheheh Well, I've got ways that'll change your life," Sunny sang with a low blues touch, pausing to smile and wink at Charcoal before laughing almost evilly and disappearing once more in the darkness.

"Come on in to my humble home

Relax and put your mind at ease

If you hum softly snap them hooves some

It will most surely please."

Sunny then proceeded out in some kind of soul looking suede suit, where she got it, who knows (haha). She then held out her her hoof for Charcoal to take, spinning her into the room as if they were dancing. It was pitch black as she closed the door behind them. Her voice sang out from many random spots of the room.

"I can help you with your future,

but you'll have to change it some too,

We can look deep and hard into your soul,

and keep these dreams from coming true."

Suddenly she lit a candle that sparked all around the room to light several more in strange succession, revealing a table with a red cloth spread over it and two seats adjacent to each other. Sunny then pulled out one of them and guided Charcoal into it, before hopping into the other one.

"I've got magic

I've got enchantments

I've got things that I've got to hide...

But you need something on the non-magic side.

Are you ready?

Are you ready?

Transformation and reformation!

Transformation and reformation!

You need leave it!

Leave it all behind, leave it all behind all right!

Only then will you be satified,

But until you do...

You need something on the non-magic siiiiiiide!"

As soon as Sunny stopped singing, she got up and placed her hoof around Charcoal's neck, "You need friends and trust Char, some things that if treated compassionately, will blossom into the most beautiful of roses," she said with a wink, as she showed her cutie mark.

• Brohoof 1

@@Charcoal Embers,

Sunny hugged back kindly as she patted Charcoal back. "I know ya just met this here ole' mare but what do ya say Char, willing to give it a try?" she asked gently, smiling widely at the mare's understanding of her song. "Remember though, friendship lasts a lifetime," she hummed happily.

Edited by Aerodynas

@@Charcoal Embers,

Sunny couldn't help but laugh at Charcoal's comment before releasing her and trotting to the door of the cabin. "You could use a little bit of singin' but that ain't it. Just remember there Char, you've got a friend-and maybe somethin more in that Lee feller if you dig hard enough," she teased. "Doncha be afraid to tell me anything, cause I will listen. You got folks who like ya and care about ya Char cause you're one swell pony alright? Not out of pity or because it is forced. Dream of that happiness and belonging...and maybe, you won't see it as a nightmare no more." Sunny nodded at the bed on the side of the room.

@@Charcoal Embers,

Sunny nodded as she proceeded over to Charcoal, sitting down next to the bed on the floor and looking at the mare like a filly awaiting a bedtime story. "Then consider me honored, and wherever you heard that there from, they were right," She stated, brushing back her mane that had gone crazy from her enthusiastic singing and dancing. 

@@Aerodynas

Charcoal took a deep breath as she mentally prepared herself for this. "It... it was about my father. Back when I was a little filly and still living with my parent's, they... they would beat me on a daily basis. But my father, he was so much worse." Charcoal felt tears starting to form as she started her story.

@@Charcoal Embers,

Sunny's normally cheery features immediately saddened as she heard what Charcoal said, becoming silent. It was hard for her to see the tears that formed around Charcoal's eyes, causing a mist to come to her's as well. "Char...if you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to..." she said, placing her hoof upon the mare tenderly. It always killed Sunny to see ponies she cared about like this. "I'm...Char...if there was somethin' I could have done..." For one of the first times in Sunny's life, it was becoming difficult for her to find words.

@

Charcoal shook her head. "No, no, it's okay. There wouldn't have been anything you could have done anyway. But beating me isn't even the worst thing they did to me. They... my father, took something from me. Something that can't be given back no matter how much I want it."

Guardian went over to Charcoal. "You don't have to tell us" he said. He went over and hugged her. As a sign of support. He had seen fillies before with all the bruises in his doctors office, it was a truly terrible thing to see. He felt sorry for all those who were currently absed

@,@@Charcoal Embers,

"You don't have to say it there..." Sunny said, standing to sit on the bed next to Charcoal. "I'm sorry...I couldn't imagine something like that happening. My Pappy was a very good and honest pony. It was a cowardice thing...for yours..." she wimpered hugging Guardian and Charcoal together with something off a bear hug. When she released then, she placed a hoof firmly against Charcoal's chest, "This makes you special, Char...this is why you are still here with us. Celestia couldn't let somepony with such a good heart fall under the wagon."

@@Aerodynas @

Charcoal looked at Guardian and Sunny with tears on her face. "I... thank you. Both of you. I've kept that locked up ever since I moved out. They... I'm just always so scared that they will find me some day. There they will do horrible things to me again. I..." Charcoal couldn't continue.

Lee walked out to the very front of the ship and sighed. It had been about 10 years since he lost his wings and was banished. He closed his eyes and felt the wind in his mane, imagining he could fly again. He stayed in that position for a few moments longer before sighing and opening his eyes. He turned around and headed for the opposite end of the ship. If he didn't get inside soon, he would be tempted to jump, just to feel like flying again. He thought he'd look for every pony else. See what they were up to.

Edited by Dave Pyro

@Charcoal Embers

Jaeger sat behind the group of talking ponies, over hearing most of what they had to say....he didn't know what to think, could ponies just open up their feelings this easily? He wished he could have the comfort of somepony being there in his times of sorrow. He opened his mouth to say something like "They won't come back..." but he wasn't sure of injecting himself into their conversation was a good idea.

@@Charcoal Embers,

"Darlin' ya can't be thinkin' like that. If they ever do, they'll be meetin' a strong Charcoal with a mighty herd of friends behind 'er," Sunny winked. "I don't think they'll stand much of a chance." The mare then petted Charcoal's mane soothingly, trying to get her friend to calm down. 

@@Charcoal Embers,

Sunny hugged Charcoal tightly rubbing her back as she cried, a small tear falling from her eye. She was silent and her mane covered her eyes. It was extremely hard for Sunny not to break down with Charcoal. She had never experienced this much sorrow in another pony...The mare knew she had to be strong though, for Charcoal: for her friend. Simply holding on and not letting go, Sunny wept quietly beside her.

Edited by Aerodynas

As Lee walked towards the heart of the ship, he was overcome by a wave of emotion. What was going on in there? He started following the feeling of deep sorrow all the way up to a door to a room. He couldn't stand it anymore. He sat down and actually started to tear up. Was every pony crying behind that door? That would explain the massive amount of emotions coming from the room. When he was composed again, he opened the door quietly and stepped inside. He almost collapsed from the sheer amount of sadness emanating from the room. Hoping he wouldn't choke up, he cleared his throat and asked, "Hey, uh...is every pony ok?"

@@Aerodynas

@@Charcoal Embers

@@Frosty V

@

Edited by Dave Pyro

@ @@Aerodynas @

It took Charcoal a while, but she finally was able to calm herself down enough to stop crying. Once she was finished crying she broke the hug and scooted away from Sunny a little. "S-sorry about that. I guess si kind if lost control there for a while." Charcoal said with an apologetic look on her face.

She jumped a bit at Lee's sudden entrance. She turned and saw him in the doorway. "I... I think I'm alright. I was just... just talking with Sunny about a nightmare I had."

Edited by Charcoal Embers