Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The haters that claim us Bronies worship MLP FIM as a religion?

Bendy

Is ridiculous. Even if that were the case, we have so far have a far better track record than most religions. No killing people in the name of My Little Pony yet nor sacking of cities yet. And besides, aren't we allowed worship whatever we want anyway? I'm sure there's some of us that really do worship the Ponies, but I imagine a very small number.

We're just a fandom of people that like My Little Pony and I don't think we're going have much impact on politics or any real world implications. Nopony is going to really listen or take seriously the My Little Pony Party in government, and I think they would be disliked by a lot of Bronies as well.

The only negative part that's been introduced is what I call the fascists group. They're the bronies that abuse others for not liking the show and treat them as lower beings. You can see why I call them fascist. Luckily they are very small and united only under local circumstances. Do I worship MLP? yeah, but respectively and not as a religion. On the other hoof, has anyone seen my scripts I was going to mail off to Hasbro where Twilight has to give up her royal duties to marry Flash Sentry? (joking)

Well, I personally think we kinda do worship MLP as a religion, but only if we wish to look at religion from a Functionalist perspective, as outlined by Emile Durkheim. Whilst I really don't wish do go into further detail, as it would end up being nothing short of a small essay for myself, but I might write a more thorough analysis later. That being said I really don't think we do worship it under the common definition. Furthermore, I need to learn not to cruise the MLPforums whilst I'm studying for a Sociology final.

• 3 weeks later...

look, These people has some problem with us and get frustrated and lose tempers

one true quote I saw. When you lose your temper you lose your argument.

And haters kinda lose temper.

Soooooo

That spews out all kinds of sadism and heresy

As we all know, whenever there is a group, the bad people of that group are always the ones that stick out and are always the ones that set the image for that group. PC Gamers are always assumed to be Elitist Nazis, Furries are assumed to be obsessed with beastiality and bronies are assumed to worship MLP as a religion, as you mentioned. Haters will always find some reason to hate. Though I can't really complain because I'm always hating on Twihards and Beliebers :3

• Brohoof 1

Hater's will say the most idiotic and far-fetched things these days, I swear. It's really just impossible to take anything they say seriously anymore. Go on YouTube and look at some of the comment rage-wars under popular MLP videos. You can easily see just how uneducated and how little of a life they have. It's sad really. I fail to understand the reason for hating fandoms when you're not even part of it. I mean wtf? 

Sadly there's hate that goes on inside fandoms too, even this one unfortunately. :(

On a side note: I always bow down to my Pinkie Pie shrine, and pray that the great Pinkie goddess above will not strike me down and turn me into a cupcake. I do this for seven hours a day, for seven days a week, for four weeks per month, for twelve months a year.  :)

Smile to thy neighbor. If they do not smile back, striketh them down and crucify them onto thy cross. :P 

Edited by Dsanders