Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies worship Satan?

Cloud-Kicker

The strangest thing happened to me today. I was driving home today and I decided to stop at the store on the way home. It was a corner store in a part of town I don't usually stop in because in most cases I would have to go quite out of my way to get there. Well, as I walked into the store I passed a lady standing by the door who gave me a funny look. I'm kind of used to getting dirty looks because people tend to assume that all teenagers are evil.

After I had finished buying what I wanted, I walked out of the store and this lady stops in front of me and starts yelling at me! I was wearing a T-shirt with a picture of Derpy Hooves that says "I just don't know what went wrong" on it. Well, this lady saw that shirt and pointed at it yelling at me about how "We bronies changed her nephew" and "how we would burn in hell for stealing her nephews heterosexuality" and stuff like that, and I mean she was just RAGING!

I had no clue what to do so I just stood there and took it. Her face was like beat red and she was just screaming at me. After what felt like forever just standing there with my bag of chips, being yelled at until she knocked the bag out of my hands and stormed off.

It was one of the strangest things that has ever happened to me. Can you believe that somebody could actually think that because we like ponies, we worship Satan!? How does someone even come to that conclusion? People are... strange, to say the least.

Anypony else have any similar experiences?Posted Image

This is the shirt I was wearing.

• Brohoof 46

I feel so bad for her nephew...

That's how I imagine some of my more conservative family members reacting if I'd tell them that the fandom has helped me embrace my bisexuality.

But no, no Satan worshipping here! I believe in nothing! :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yeah my parents are pretty conservative people. They, uh, think I'm gay because I like the show. I'm not, but still kind of leaves that "well jeez, thanks for supporting my interests" kind of feeling.

-EDIT AFTER 2 YEARS AFTER I POSTED THIS-

LOL!!!!!

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 9

(edited)

Huh.. never been called a satanist before. xD

A little ridiculous.

I looked at the shirt again... Thats so ironic! lol

Yeah my parents are pretty conservative people. They, uh, think I'm gay because I like the show.

I'm not, but still kind of leaves that "well jeez, thanks for supporting my interests" kind of feeling.

I know your feel bro...

Edited by Extraho Vinco
  • Brohoof 5

Wow..Just wow... What store were you at?

Some corner store in Lively, right next to the doctors office. I didn't even know it was there until today. I'm really hoping she's not there when I go back tomorrow lol.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Some corner store in Lively, right next to the doctors office. I didn't even know it was there until today. I'm really hoping she's not there when I go back tomorrow lol.

I just can't get over how crazy that whole situation was. Crazy!

Go back and wear your shirt proud! :)

Edited by Extraho Vinco
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

A show about friendship,accepting each others' differences, getting along, and above all, magical ponies is Satanic?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zSHz7Thvbc

Overly religious people strike again! This gave me a good laugh!

Edited by Discovery Dream
  • Brohoof 5

People in general seem to discredit and degrade any topic or issue that they do not understand. Instead of taking the time to gather facts and create a more biased opinion on the matter, it is much easier to assume the worst and shout nonsensical slander at any that may oppose their 'enlightened' views.

Fortunately it seems these people in the minority, while others do not care enough to have an strong, attached opinion. I wear pony shirts and the most I get is an entertained look. At least I can say I put a smile on someone's face. It proves that ponies bring smiles and joy!

I just find the entire situation a little sad, but hilarious since apparently friendship and bright pastel colors are satanic now. You learn something new everyday.

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

I'm making a comic .gif for this... Be right back..
EDIT: DONE!
Posted Image
EDIT: Wow, looking back, I see how much improvement I could have made on this. Also, it was douche-baggy of me to put my name at the start of the comic... Posted Image  Oh well... Oh yeah, and HAIL SATAN! Posted Image

Edited by Dragonshy
  • Brohoof 33

LOL in our town? You've gotta be pulling my hoof.

That's insane though LMAO. I feel bad for you xD I can just picture you standing there all awkward and speechless LOLOLOL.

I laugh at your pain :'3

• Brohoof 1

Anypony else have any similar experiences?

Your avatar would have been my expression if that had happened to me. I would have just shrugged it off and walked past her. If she blocked my path, she would FEEL MY WRATH!! I would politely ask her to move and gently push her out of the way if she refused. I'm sorry, but there's no way I could just stand there and take flack from someone I don't even know.

As far as personal experiences, fortunately I've gotten nothing but compliments or curious questions about my "broniness". The closest thing to your experience is when my grandmother told me that the whole brony thing seems like a cult and that it's like we worship ponies, and also she's a little worried about my obsession but besides that, she has no problem with it.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I feel so bad for her nephew...

That's how I imagine some of my more conservative family members reacting if I'd tell them that the fandom has helped me embrace my bisexuality.

But no, no Satan worshipping here! I believe in nothing! :P

^ THIS

People will anything believe I guess...but I really don't see the link between happy little ponies occasionally breaking out into song and satan. JUST SAYING.

Edited by Fluttershy4life
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Anypony else have any similar experiences?

Yeah. I have a buddy of mine with rather conservative parents. I introduced him to the show and he became even more of a brony than I am.

Anyways, he brought up the topic of ponies with his folks one day...... I don't know all of the details, but it didn't go over too well.

Basically, they seem to think that ponies are EVIL and SATANIC because they use Da Magicks. He asked me how I would approach the situation. Unfortunately, I was too surprised to actually say anything intelligent. I just told him that it would probably not be a great idea to talk ponies with his folks again.

Really.... I go out of my way to try and be understanding of all types of people, but stuff like this really ticks me off. None of it makes any sense at all. How can you even reason with someone that is so completely messed up in the head???

In all honesty, I really do feel sorry for people like that. Just imagine how many awesome things in life that they miss out on. It isn't even funny.

I thought we were Free Masons. What the heck, guys?

Yeah, I know right!? ^_^

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 5