Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Beyond these walls Chapter 2: A Darker Fate (Adventure, Survival, EPIC!)

The Elusive Cinder

@@Geek0zoid,

I was assuming Team Brandy included your OCs and everyone else who originally joined up on the train. There were brandy, serious, and then the ethereals who joined brandy. Then Clockwork and Aegis kind of split off, but came back. Clockwork is kind of on his own little team with Shadow right now though. He's run off ahead of everyone else.

@@Midnight Scribbler

All good. I thought you were talking about the teams in general.

Speaking of teams, Team Serious really should get out of there rather than talk to Rahlkeem. I doubt he can answer Denarius yet because he's under attack, and when he's not...well, I doubt he'll be in the mood for talking and you guys are kinda screwed.

Edited by Windbreaker

Perhaps I should clarify what byter's magic really is...

Yes. It can be OP. in circumstances. But that doesn't matter, for both me and you, because the outcome of what he will do can vary greatly. Even more so, I am not the one to decide what happens... Cinderscribe is.

I (and thus Byter) will attempt to do something through a ritual (which will include strong magical forces) and it will include components that act as energy converters, channelers or focuses. It is complicated, and I don't want to spoil things, that's why I am staying vague about this.

However overpowered it may seem, keep two things in mind... My descriptions are what Byter percieves. When I say 'great magical forces' that may be interpreted differently by cinderscribe (and thus the outcome of byter's magic). A lot of energy may be lost because Byter didn't keep track of certain constellations or aspects of his ritual. There may be things such as magical friction, who knows!?

And secondly, instead of being able to constantly levitate things, and cast certain advanced spells instantly and spontaneously like unicorns can, Byter requires more time to execute magic. And with more time I mean varying between hours and days. The more complex or specific outcome he tries to achieve, the more time, energy, concentration and components are needed. If you add up every single spell a unicorn casts in an hour, and compare it to what Byter can achieve in one ritual, it would be fairly equal...

This may seem really vague and an excuse for being OP, but trust me, I know how to keep track of power scaling, game technics and FUN for others in a role play. You will not regret giving me some room, since I don't roleplay just for myself. I can estimate how far I can go, and what would make it more fun for everyone...

A lot of energy may be lost because Byter didn't keep track of certain constellations or aspects of his ritual. There may be things such as magical friction, who knows!?
 What the frick... what kind of mumbo-jumbo are you talking about? You are reminding me of Evil Dragon Master with all those runes and stuff... does he have a profile? Just asking... and a picture perhaps? 

All i want is for Byter not to do something extremely OP with just one feather of a Phoenix. Because i got the idea that one feather of a phoenix may just be his way out... and that sounds far-fetched to me...

Never mind anything I may have said. I realize now how stupid all of that was...

There was a picture of him at the first post where cinderscribe introduced me, remember?

Edited by Scribblegroove

Different as in the way they act... Unless my view of the satyrs in Greek mythology is completely stupid...

There is no char profile because Byter was made for this RP. I sent it to cinderscribe only. If I were to show it to everyone it would spoil so many things :3

Edited by Scribblegroove

Unless my view of the satyrs in Greek mythology is completely stupid...

As long as Byter isn't secretly a lust-crazed party beast, I'd say they are pretty different.

• Brohoof 1

As long as Byter isn't secretly a lust-crazed party beast, I'd say they are pretty different.

Actually no... Those might just be the theatrical ones.

Panas the god of the forest is much more peaceful.

• Brohoof 1

Actually no... Those might just be the theatrical ones.

Pan is connected to all types of fertility...which means both sexual and agricultural. He's regularly been depicted having great skill in the arts of love. Also there're myths and legends about Pan himself seducing women. The most famous being him seducing Selene, goddess of the moon. My point is that he is both associated with nature and with sex.

Pan is connected to all types of fertility...which means both sexual and agricultural. He's regularly been depicted having great skill in the arts of love. Also there're myths and legends about Pan himself seducing women. The most famous being him seducing Selene, goddess of the moon. My point is that he is both associated with nature and with sex.

You're preaching to the master. I am greek... I should know. Pan was involved in an instrument contest with the lyre when his Avlos got into the hands of a human.

Pan was involved in an instrument contest with the lyre when his Avlos got into the hands of a human.

I'm afraid that I'm missing something here. I don't know what this statement has to do with our topic.

I'm afraid that I'm missing something here. I don't know what this statement has to do with our topic.

And that is exactly his point. The fact you don't know what he is talking about proves that he has more knowledge on the subject.

I don't know what he is talking about either, but I am assuming it's some kind of myth on how satyrs were created...

And that is exactly his point. The fact you don't know what he is talking about proves that he has more knowledge on the subject.

I don't know what he is talking about either, but I am assuming it's some kind of myth on how satyrs were created...

Actually no... Its simply a myth where his instrument got lost. The human that found it was arrogant to challenge Apollo saying that this magical instrument he got from the gods was superior. Apollo and him were judged by the muses and Apollo won but the arguement of an instrument's superiority was disproven as irrelevant and invalid as Pan himself said rendering the human humble for issuing a contest without worth.

And that is exactly his point. The fact you don't know what he is talking about proves that he has more knowledge on the subject. I don't know what he is talking about either, but I am assuming it's some kind of myth on how satyrs were created...

Maybe I should rephrase my post for clarity. I do not see what Pan's musical prowess has to do with Pan being associated with sex and lust. 

Actually no... Its simply a myth where his instrument got lost. The human that found it was arrogant to challenge Apollo saying that this magical instrument he got from the gods was superior. Apollo and him were judged by the muses and Apollo won but the arguement of an instrument's superiority was disproven as irrelevant and invalid as Pan himself said rendering the human humble for issuing a contest without worth.

So you were referencing the Pan and Apollo music contest. The versions I've heard went different than the one you mentioned. Pan played his music in the forests and fields. Midas, having renounced Earthly riches (After losing the golden touch) heard Pan's music and praised him. Pan became so full of himself and arrogant that he dared to challenge Apollo. Pan played very impressive rustic songs. Then when it was Apollo's turn he struck a single chord on his Lyre and was award the contest. It was unanimous that Apollo had won, except for Midas. Who was punished for his idiocy by Apollo, who turned his ears into that of a donkey.

I've never heard or read the version you mentioned. There must be differing versions by region, that's the only explanation I can think of.

The modern definition of "satyr" when given to a human is given when someone is extremely lustful innapropriately. And that goes with anything innapropriate. It can in cases practically replace a fetishist as a term.