Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will one Crusader earn her mark before the rest in Season 4?

Scootadress

Its getting weird to travel on EQD after the synopsis of episode 5. To spoil no one, its a Scootaloo centered/CMC centered episode. Apparently, people are already assuming Scootaloo will have her cutie mark.  

Does it sound like a synopsis that would involve a cutie mark? Sounds like another 'face your fears' episode that centers her again.  I myself was a mix between yes and no-it sounds like she can get her cutie mark in the episode if it pans out correctly in the end depending on her skills that she displays in it. Yet, I just also see a huge self doubt thing. Reminds me of the fanfic called "Empathy".

Well, what do you all think? I don't think they'll just throw that in-that would defeat the purpose of facing her fears. (Considering that Twist wasn't involved with AB right after she earned her cutie mark.)

Episode 5 might show some promise of either Scootaloo or one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders to earn their cutie mark. But, maybe Scootaloo will finally get her cutie mark. The CMC are still young and are still trying to figure out their special talents to find out who they really are, and each of them are unique in their own way when they had their own individual episodes or showing their personalities that give many opportunities for character development. Together or individually, with their own dynamic they are able to stay united as one but there is no need for a change.

Edited by Scootalove

Well it has been said somewhere I can't remember that the Cutie Mark Crusaders aren't supposed to get their cutie marks in the show. I'm not sure what to think exactly. I would say that we won't see them getting their cutie marks in this season, though it would absolutely not surprise me if they did. If they get their cutie marks, I believe they will all get them in the same episode.

I wouldn't have pegged Scootaloo to be the first, but that's probably because she has more potential available.  I'm not sure if it's fan influence, but there are directions that I expect Applebloom and Sweetybelle to take.  Scootaloo being all about ramp-sports might be okay, better than Snips and Snails being destined to be the Bulk and Skull for the rest of their lives.

I would have liked to see an episode where the CMC has to cope with one of them getting their mark and figuring out how to deal with the other two, even if it resolves by the other two figuring themselves out.  (Honestly, I think being together as a group sabotages their "try everything" thing because they go more towards the "cool" ) 

I think Scootaloo will probably get hers first because in a way she already has a special talent. Riding a scooter.

While she's great at riding her scooter, she's been shown with multiple other talents. I would rather not have it be a cop out. Waiting 3 seasons for a cutie mark for the obvious would be just..ick. Besides, at the same time, she's been shown to have dexterity and knows her way around moves. As long as its not something with scooters directly, then..well..I'm good. 

It is possible and of course it is fun to speculate but I guess we will just have to wait and find out. There could be a good lesson in that if it is done right, it could be a test of their friendship as jealousy may rear its ugly head in that situation.

• Brohoof 1

They all should get their Cutie Mark at the same time. Atleast thats what I think

will they. Not should they. It would kinda odd but not a game breaker I would think if they got them together. But how?

I highly doubt that Scootaloo would earn her cutie mark in the upcoming episode, and I find it extremely unlikely that any ONE crusader would earn their mark this season, especially if the other two do not. If and when they do earn their cutie marks, the best way for it to happen would be simultaneously, or at the very least, within the duration of the same episode.

The desire for the three fillies to earn their cutie marks is a huge part of their individual characters. It gives them something to strive for. A cutie mark is a sign of a pony who has come of age, and we have the Mane Six who fulfill the role of ponies with special talents, hobbies, and occupations already. The CMC are unique because they are younger and still in search of who they are. They are much like younger children who dream of all of the different possibilities of what they wanna be when they grow up, and they are very relatable to kids as a result. If they received their marks, they really wouldn't even be the Cutie Mark Crusaders anymore. Having any or all of them earn it in season 4 would be too premature, as there's plenty that can be done with their characters without having to make that step.

Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle have all proven they are quite capable of being fresh, fun, and entertaining characters without having to be in the pursuit of their cutie marks. Episodes like Sisterhooves Social, One Bad Apple, and Sleepless in Ponyville had nothing at all to do with them trying to earn their marks, and yet all episodes succeeded at providing important character growth to the trio while being quality entertainment for viewers. If they can continue this, there's no need to make such a drastic change that could potentially threaten their identity as Cutie Mark Crusaders, along with the many charms that come with being the blank flanks that they are.

• Brohoof 3