Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilicane

Jamesblorg39welsh

I think the facial expression is the best thing about it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Other than that,it's not that bad of a meme.

One of the better ones.

Edited by Ebenezer

snip

I wasn't joking. Whoever captioned the first meme calling it a cane was an idiot because he didn't know what a scepter is. Now that it's continuing, it makes all bronies look like idiots because they are using the wrong word.

can we all agree that while the object is a scepter the meme is twilicane

No, it's the Twili-Scepter

Now that it's continuing, it makes all bronies look like idiots because they are using the wrong word.

Now you're just crossing over the Naïvelyn Bridge into Absurdville. I know it's a scepter (and plenty of others do, too), but calling it "Twiliscepter," while technically correct, just doesn't sound correct. "Twilicane," on the other hand, is cooler, catchier, rolls off the tongue better, and serves as an objectively great pun to better correlate with the Twilicorn. Like the meme itself, the name's silly (and incorrect), but it's a joyful kind of silly, and the whole meme broke the cycle of seriousness seen around the parts of the core fandom. So, whether you like it or not, Twilicane wins.

Besides, and I'll say it again, what fun is there in making sense? :lol:

Edited by Michael Coal
  • Brohoof 1

What fun is making non-bronies think all bronies are imbeciles that don't know a simple word? This, like so many other things in the fandom, only adds fuel to the fire with people who think there's something wrong with adult MLP:FIM fans. I'm just glad for the most part it doesn't effect me, as a female fan of the show. 

@@cuteycindyhoney, You're merely enforcing what I'm saying via this ridiculous fear and angst over the incorrect use of the term. The meme is harmless, crazy, and just silly. The term, while incorrect, just enforces the zany part of the brony culture that helps make the fandom great (and, by accident, the goofiness of the scepter's face, too). "Twilicane" is incorrect, but those who actually understand what it means to be refreshingly silly don't give a damn, and like the meme itself, "Twilicane" is harmless, silly, and catchy. Nothing more.

It doesn't help reinforce how the fandom's cookoo for Cocoa Puffs nor the lie of it being stupid, and you're really overthinking it by claiming it as such. If any fool uses this as evidence that this great fandom's screwed up, then that's their problem, not ours.

Edited by Michael Coal
  • Brohoof 1

@@cuteycindyhoney, You're merely enforcing what I'm saying via this ridiculous fear and angst over the incorrect use of the term. The meme is harmless, crazy, and just silly. The term, while incorrect, just enforces the zany part of the brony culture that helps make the fandom great (and, by accident, the goofiness of the scepter's face, too). "Twilicane" is incorrect, but those who actually understand what it means to be refreshingly silly don't give a damn, and like the meme itself, "Twilicane" is harmless, silly, and catchy. Nothing more.

It doesn't help reinforce how the fandom's cookoo for Cocoa Puffs nor the lie of it being stupid, and you're really overthinking it by claiming it as such. If any fool uses this as evidence that this great fandom's screwed up, then that's their problem, not ours.

I just don't like how it's one more thing to add to the hater pile. I know I'm taking this a bit too seriously, but in many cases bronies are their own worst enemies.

@@cuteycindyhoney, Like what I said before, anyone intelligent enough who doesn't like FIM would understand what it means to be a little silly. The meme does nothing except tell others it pays to be creative, loose, silly, and funny regardless of how incorrect the term is. There's nothing more to think about, and you're kidding yourself by being too uptight over it.

Again, if anyone out there wishes to use the Twilicane meme as well as the technically incorrect name as evidence that the fandom has low intelligence and insight, then it's their problem, not mine. The bronies did nothing but have harmless fun with the meme, while the anti-bronies just made themselves look really daft by taking it too seriously.

in many cases bronies are their own worst enemies.

Via your ridiculous angst throughout this merged thread, you completely reinforced my points and, I daresay, only made yourself your worst enemy. Again, sometimes it pays just to be zany and — like the Kit Kat jingle — take a break from being serious, and this fun meme proves it. B)

Edited by Michael Coal

lol I actually like it... I think it's pretty hilarious how something so simple can become so popular. The facial expression is the best thing with it heh.

btw it's a scepter, not cane

wtf did i jusyt watch lol.that was insane

DUDE! MY FRIEND ON SKYPE STARTED THE TWISEPTER THING! He even showed me a pic of it when he was working on creating it! Wen I looked at it at first I was like...the heck is that? Now it's like the next best brony thing! OMG!

Man, all the Twilicane hate in this thread is disappointing. Why do you guys hate fun? Did it come to life and kick you in the shins?

(Yeah, I should've read the thread before posting, but I was really excited to show off the Dan scepter.)

Also, this is another one I love.

post-22950-0-01213800-1386553776.jpg

"That's right, you do as the Twilicane commands!"

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Forgive me for sounding dumb and not being in the hip lingo, but why is this cane so popular?

• Brohoof 1

Forgive me for sounding dumb and not being in the hip lingo, but why is this cane so popular?

It reminds me of the DBZ "It's over 9000" thing and I never understood why that was so funny itself. This to me is just like that in someways. I don't get it either and I guess it's "supposed to be funny somehow idk :P.

• Brohoof 1