Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilicane

Jamesblorg39welsh

I think it's a pretty ridiculous meme that shows how much a random trend can become popular, even if it's total nonsense. Since everyone on the internet eats up things like this. A pretty hilarious scepter meme though.

Edited by Scootalove

The only thing that annoys me about it is the display of brony ignorance. It is not a cane! The proper word is scepter (or sceptre in the UK). I've had this argument on another forum too.

sceptre US, scepter [ˈsɛptə]
n
1. a ceremonial staff held by a monarch as the symbol of authority
2. imperial authority; sovereignty

• Brohoof 1

lol I actually like it... I think it's pretty hilarious how something so simple can become so popular. The facial expression is the best thing with it heh.

btw it's a scepter, not cane

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

lol I actually like it... I think it's pretty hilarious how something so simple can become so popular. The facial expression is the best thing with it heh.

btw it's a scepter, not cane

The only thing that annoys me about it is the display of brony ignorance. It is not a cane! The proper word is scepter (or sceptre in the UK). I've had this argument on another forum too.

sceptre US, scepter [ˈsɛptə]

n

1. a ceremonial staff held by a monarch as the symbol of authority

2. imperial authority; sovereignty

Well it has Twilight's head on it and everypony uses it to replace it with their OC/Canon heads

and its not a cane,its called a Scepter+

can we all agree that while the object is a scepter the meme is twilicane

I didn't even know that was a thing until the internet. And if it weren't for the internet, I probably wouldn't have cared. Like now, for instance. I have no real opinion on it. Although it does look really damn stupid. I'm just wondering... what part in the show does it show up? I've been unable to find the original screenshot since the google search was just overflooded with memes.

The Twilicane is life. The pure perfection of this ancient relic represents the universe. Man worships the Twilicane as it is a god. We would not be here today if the Twilicane wished our destruction. That and it just looks silly in most scenarios.

post-16231-0-12420700-1385911199.gif

• Brohoof 3

It's less obnoxious than gak, but I would say its quality as an internet meme is pretty much equal. I'm sorry, I just don't see why bronies latched on to this thing.

I didn't even know that was a thing until the internet. And if it weren't for the internet, I probably wouldn't have cared. Like now, for instance. I have no real opinion on it. Although it does look really damn stupid. I'm just wondering... what part in the show does it show up? I've been unable to find the original screenshot since the google search was just overflooded with memes.

It's at the scene where discord is taunting Twilight for leaving her friends in the everfree forest. I can't find the clip on youtube at the moment though.

• Brohoof 1

I've got to be honest, I find this stupid. This is just the continuing of a retarded trend where Bronies somehow make something completely insignificant in any episode a meme, where it will then continue to be referenced vaguely in future episodes or the comics or fan made videos/artwork way too many times right up to the point where it's not longer "so funny XD".

We had an interesting pair of episodes for a premiere for Season 4 where there wasn't exactly a villain to fight off, and one of the things fans take away is "hurr Twilight's head on a royal looking cane".

Oy... >_>

• Brohoof 1

I find it very amusing, but it often leaves me wondering why a fandom like us (I'm pretty sure most fandoms do this? Or maybe not?) would take so much to spill over such a... background detail. It intrigues me because autistic people love to take note of the miniscule/unimportant details (Hey. If you think that's derogatory, I'm autistic myself and I researched the topic. This IS common in autistic people).

Yep, sceptre. A short mace/rod-style sceptre as opposed to the longer staff-style sceptre which was more common in Egypt, Rome, etc.

However, if they call it a cane and Discord made it, I'm sure the thing is made of sugar or chocolate or something so it is technically a candy cane. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I don't care what they call it.  I think it's funny.  :)  Of the Mane 6, Discord loves getting under Twilight's skin more than anybody else.  The Twilisceptre will become the ultimate symbol of his ability to push her buttons.  :P

They've given us so much material to work with in the first two episodes alone.  I have a very good feeling about this season. 

• Brohoof 1

OK! I think i get it... but have been wrong before about things that are rabidly popular in our fandom.

...ok no...I don't get it at all!

Why is this a thing? It can't be because ponys have no hands to hold things, they "hold" things in there hooves all the time.

It can't be the weird look on the scepters face, Twilight often smiles like that.

Discord is just being Discord, random and well..random. I do not see a thousand animations all over ponybot about the cloak he zapped on her!

I am so not hating I am just..really really confused. Is this the new Derp-eye of the new season? That was an animation mistake we blew up and look what happend, a fan made character into the show! Name and all! But this? This is just a thing they WANTED put in!

Help ah Brony out eh? Why are so many freaking out, doing animations, art and Celestia help us, fanfiction about the mane 6 all getting a scepter like freaking power rangers!

lol, this is the thing people are art-gasiming over from that episode and NOT a thousand hentai pics of the girls and tentacle references? LOL