Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

144,482 Grains of Rice Donated! Freerice Challenge Over!

Blique

Pinkie_Pie_observing_the_racers_from_a_h

It's currently evening of day two, and an amazing cumulative score has already started building up!

In the lead is The Pulse, at almost 30k! Second place is Shaymin, at over 10k, and coming up close in third is Rough Pathway at almost 9k! It's only day two, everyone - plenty of time for a turnaround! Work hard and keep on your toes!

And remember, newcomers are always welcome! Come join in and start playing!

I'm sad, I seriously had nothing better to do. It sounds really bad, but doing that seemed more productive then playing video games all weekend. hence the high amount of rice.

Are you on winter break already? I'm swamped in finals this week...I need more free time to play.

Question: are there enough players that 2nd/3rd/etc place awards are possible? Or is there just one supreme champion? This'll dictate how much of my evening I spend playing this game.  :lol:

Excluding me and one other person who hasn't played yet, there are only 6 actual players in the challenge, so it's just above the bare minimum. If we get 10 actual players, I'll add a 2nd place, and 15 players will have a 3rd place. So when you want a break from playing, you could always try recruiting. :P Fun fact: we actually had 10 people post here that they were interested.

Alert to , @repsol rave, @websterhamster, , @The Pulse, @AgileFawkes, , , @Techite Sparkle and @Rough Pathway! If every last one of you joins in and plays, a second place prize will appear~

Are you on winter break already? I'm swamped in finals this week...I need more free time to play.

Nope, I just get my work done really fast and have a lot of free time as a result. Plus I had a three day weekend, so that contributed. Don't have winter break for another two weeks unfortunately. 

Pinkie_Pie_and_Spike_observing_the_racer

Rough Pathway has overtaken Shaymin for second place, but The Pulse is still going strong in first place! The donated rice is going up to impressive amounts!

Hurrah for all the newly joined players! I did some calculating, and apparently, if you answer at a rate of two seconds per question, you can get all the way to first place in just over two hours. Math is a strange thing. Maybe I should try...

Anyway, I set up a poll for New Years round! Vote if you want it, vote if you don't! If we get five people interested, we will sally forth. See the poll for details. The winner of this current round will be allowed to play in the next round, but if he/she wins again, only a sketch will be awarded, and the main prize will go to second place.

No, don't tell them that, It'll make it so much harder :P. Oh, and keeping a consistent rate is actually pretty difficult. Though if you are going for the fastest rice gain, Multiplication table is the easiest to go fast on.

Well, I'm definitely not going to get first, second, or third place, but maybe fifth, sixth, or seventh... lol

It doesn't really matter what place you get. It's more about the fact that your willing to take time out of your day to give to others. It sounds hypocritical since I'm in first, but it's still true.

@, @repsol rave, @websterhamster, , @The Pulse, @AgileFawkes, , , @Techite Sparkle, @Rough Pathway, and whoever Chigens is:

Pinkie_Pie_rubbing_her_hooves_S1E13.png

It has been a full 6 days and 19 hours! By the schedule, the challenge should end in 5 hours, but...

Since I forgot to remind everyone it ends at 11:59:59 on the 13th, plus New Years round likely won't be happening due to a lack of players, plus I wanna see us hit that 100k mark, the challenge has been extended to 11:59:59 PM of the 14th!

And that's not all! We're currently still borderline on the 2nd and 3rd place requirements, so here's the deal: if we reach 111,110 grains of rice by the end of the deadline, 2nd and 3rd places will get prizes!

Give it your all to try and take one of those top three spots for yourself! Good luck!

And that's not all! We're currently still borderline on the 2nd and 3rd place requirements, so here's the deal: if we reach 111,110 grains of rice by the end of the deadline, 2nd and 3rd places will get prizes!

Well, that changes things. SUPERHUMAN FINAL PUSH, ACTIVATE.

Quick question: would there be any difference between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, like a difference in quality, size, number of characters, etc?

Edited by ~Handsome Jack~

@@repsol rave, @websterhamster, , @AgileFawkes, , , @Techite Sparkle, @Rough Pathway, and the following two:

Well, that changes things. SUPERHUMAN FINAL PUSH, ACTIVATE.

Quick question: would there be any difference between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, like a difference in quality, size, number of characters, etc?

Good question. It would be dependent on score. For example, if first place had 70k and second place had 68k, they'd get about the same quality commission. I'm tentatively going by about 2.5k grains = $1, so 70k grains would equal about $30. 20k grains is about $10.

img-1858582-1-Commissions-1.jpg

Just hit 111,110 grains of rice, kept going for good measure. (plus I like round numbers and

wanted to hit 70k)

Ehhh, already? I thought it would take longer. Maybe I should've set it at 150k. :PIf we could make it to 150k, I'd give every participant a complimentary sketch. Might not finish them all by Christmas, but New Years probably.

• Brohoof 1

Good question. It would be dependent on score. For example, if first place had 70k and second place had 68k, they'd get about the same quality commission. I'm tentatively going by about 2.5k grains = $1, so 70k grains would equal about $30. 20k grains is about $10.

Ehhh, already? I thought it would take longer. Maybe I should've set it at 150k. :PIf we could make it to 150k, I'd give every participant a complimentary sketch. Might not finish them all by Christmas, but New Years probably.

Whew, don't kill yourself on our account! Also, that is very generous of you and screw homework I'm shooting for the high score.  :comeatus:

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I think I'll let someone else do that...

Whew, don't kill yourself on our account! Also, that is very generous of you and screw homework I'm shooting for the high score.  :comeatus:

Noooooo, Don't beat me :P

Go for it!  :fiery: Make sure to at least do the homework that counts. :P Though, if it's high school, I personally don't think anything there counts.

Study_Fail-s400x308-10285-580.jpg

Finals just (mostly) ended over on my end, so I'm going on a pony drawing streak for the next many weeks. :D

PFUDOR_zpsa0b7cfeb.png