Rascal's drawing Thread

Rascal~

So, I got a graphics tablet for christmas, and of course my mum left it till very late to get it. So in the end I actually got my christmas present a day early, since mum had to make me help get my own gift since she left it so late. 

So this is my thread where I show off my drawings, I'll upload them here and down the line of messages. Because I'm probably going to forget to put them up here. 

But this was the very first time I drew on it. 

So, first try ever

post-15259-0-52397900-1388936795_thumb.png

And My pony drawings that I drew, first time drawing a pony on a tablet. 

post-15259-0-50191600-1388936809_thumb.png

post-15259-0-75448200-1388936812_thumb.png

Traced ponies, used for practice and that.

post-15259-0-66205800-1388144183_thumb.png
post-15259-0-91930100-1388144201_thumb.pngpost-15259-0-43985900-1388144211_thumb.png

All free hand, my drawings of ponies and other things

post-15259-0-88877700-1388144229_thumb.png
post-15259-0-96573800-1388320995_thumb.png
post-15259-0-24692600-1388320938_thumb.png

post-15259-0-54497100-1388388690.png

post-15259-0-13636400-1388395204.png

post-15259-0-70258400-1388402036_thumb.png

post-15259-0-98468200-1388936505_thumb.jpg
post-15259-0-99296100-1388936561_thumb.jpg
post-15259-0-76206500-1388936588_thumb.png
post-15259-0-55007400-1388936603_thumb.png

Edited by rascal61
  • Brohoof 7

Geez you guys sure do ****ride for posts.

Anyway you're probably gonna need some pics to practice off of to get the pony art style down and body shape. I'd mainly focus on body shape first, then work up to head and then add features.

azoTVmP.gif

Feld0 spelled backwards is illuminati

@@Flank,@,

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to practice heaps on it like I have been.

@@Wubsie,

It was my first go drawing anything pony related on my tablet, so I picked the only thing I knew how to draw. I usually do traditional, and on paper I can only do heads and a little of the neck because I don't have anything that is pony that can help me draw the body. But I did take your advice. 

@@Zygen,

Thanks Zygen.

So, I've been practising heaps on my tablet. At first I used Adobe Illustrator for my first drawings, because I had downloaded it the same day and I thought that I would use a proper program with my drawings.

It sure did help on presentation, but not practice. Since it was quite hard for me to understand everything and it didn't always pick up my strokes.

So I went back to the programs I usually use when I use my mouse, and it was much easier for me. 

The first three I traced the image first and then traced the traced image, and got rid of the original traced image that I did. And then I just put the original image in the corner so you know that they were. The last one I did all on my own, and used the picture as reference for the pose. 

post-15259-0-66205800-1388144183_thumb.png

post-15259-0-91930100-1388144201_thumb.png

post-15259-0-43985900-1388144211_thumb.png

post-15259-0-88877700-1388144229_thumb.png

I did that one all on my own! ^^^

I work on muscle memory, so that's why I traced the pictures first before I went and did it freehand. I'm not very good doing the full body on paper so I needed some practice on it on the tablet. I did it for about 2 hours on the first one, doing it over 15 times before I went onto the next pictures. Again traced so that I could understand the different points of view and anatomy from different people. 

So I'm really proud of the one I drew freehand, since I had never done it before were it actually looks like a pony

Edited by rascal61

@@Flank,@,

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to practice heaps on it like I have been.

@@Wubsie,

It was my first go drawing anything pony related on my tablet, so I picked the only thing I knew how to draw. I usually do traditional, and on paper I can only do heads and a little of the neck because I don't have anything that is pony that can help me draw the body. But I did take your advice. 

@@Zygen,

Thanks Zygen.

So, I've been practising heaps on my tablet. At first I used Adobe Illustrator for my first drawings, because I had downloaded it the same day and I thought that I would use a proper program with my drawings.

It sure did help on presentation, but not practice. Since it was quite hard for me to understand everything and it didn't always pick up my strokes.

So I went back to the programs I usually use when I use my mouse, and it was much easier for me. 

The first three I traced the image first and then traced the traced image, and got rid of the original traced image that I did. And then I just put the original image in the corner so you know that they were. The last one I did all on my own, and used the picture as reference for the pose. 

I work on muscle memory, so that's why I traced the pictures first before I went and did it freehand. I'm not very good doing the full body on paper so I needed some practice on it on the tablet. I did it for about 2 hours on the first one, doing it over 15 times before I went onto the next pictures. Again traced so that I could understand the different points of view and anatomy from different people. 

So I'm really proud of the one I drew freehand, since I had never done it before were it actually looks like a pony

Nice progression. When you finish those you can try to create your own style and ya know make it bit more, well, rascal61 haha. :)

azoTVmP.gif

Feld0 spelled backwards is illuminati

Very nice :D
Definitively way better than my first tries :derp:

Keep it up i am very eager to see how you progress further, because the progress already visible is pretty damn huge.

@@TwistedShadow,

Thanks twisty 

@,

I suck with paper, I can only do headshots. I work off of muscle memory when I draw, though of course the movements for drawing on tablet and paper are totally different, so I would never be able to draw a full body pony like I did on the tablet.

@@Starlight Lunamoon,

Thanks Starburst, and its a wacom Intuos small tablet with creative pen, its pretty sweet. Though its not one of those real fancy ones that they use at the universities over here, its still pretty good and can pick up strokes really well as well as pressure.

@@Starlight Lunamoon,

It was about $240 over here, which is a really good price in my area. You could probably get a cheaper one but it may not be the best quality, but sometimes thats a good idea for those who aren't used too/good on a tablet and are learning or aren't the best of drawers anyway. Your tablet may just rot away if that happens really. 

So I hope that helps you out, it's a really good tablet. 

another post. 

Alright so this time, I worked on a stallion picture. Now to keep up with my muscle memory I used the same position as my mare picture, and I feel as though I can keep those as a base for my own drawings now. I think its starting to become my art style anyway. 

I'm not as happy with it than my other one, I should practice more with it. But I wanted to show my progress on here, and I thinking of doing a request shop or something so that I can practice more with it. I may be able to get it done easier for me, and so I can do/learn different hairstyles. 

post-15259-0-24692600-1388320938_thumb.png

post-15259-0-96573800-1388320995_thumb.png

And uploaded this one because I wanted to get rid of the reference picture in the corner, it was good for when I needed it but I can work on my own mostly now. 

another post. 

Alright so this time, I worked on a stallion picture. Now to keep up with my muscle memory I used the same position as my mare picture, and I feel as though I can keep those as a base for my own drawings now. I think its starting to become my art style anyway. 

I'm not as happy with it than my other one, I should practice more with it. But I wanted to show my progress on here, and I thinking of doing a request shop or something so that I can practice more with it. I may be able to get it done easier for me, and so I can do/learn different hairstyles. 

attachicon.gifStallion body Base.png

attachicon.gifMare body Base.png

And uploaded this one because I wanted to get rid of the reference picture in the corner, it was good for when I needed it but I can work on my own mostly now. 

Drawing with tablets is tough! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. But mostly, if you want to fix the sketchy lines, it's more than likely the brush you are using.

v7PAGdl.png

Click on the Banner for more info!

Tablets are almost never easy to get used to especially if you are used to drawing on paper.  Tt takes sometime before you become comfortable using one.

May I ask what program you use to draw in?

@@Bronyette

I quite like the sketchy lines, and I'm using the pencil tool on Paint.NET anyway since I don't really like using the paint tool

Alright, so I did some more drawings today. 

I've been thinking of maybe trying something human-esque, or maybe not pony something. I'm deciding between doing Zira from Lion King 2 or doing the Master from Doctor Who, or Frollo from the Hunchback from Notre Dame as something that I try to draw. 

But here is a bat like creature I drew:

post-15259-0-54497100-1388388690.png

And I was trying something new with this one. I'm not really the best with drawing pegasi wings, but the first things I ever drew ever in my life were angel wings. So I thought I would take on that kind of approach on the wings, they're position like they're about to fully stretch out to flap. 

post-15259-0-13636400-1388395204.png

• Brohoof 1