Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Blindbag name discussion.

Phoenix Wright

I think Heartstrings is a perfect last name for Lyra. It just fits so damn well.

Berryshine sounds fine, though it sounds kind of silly. It does fit Berry's character, though

Golden Harvest sounds rather dull, and Noteworthy is just plain stupid sounding.

I'm actually much more interested in the molds than the names themselves. They're all just recolours of existing characters, exept for Noteworthy, which is a male pony. Now that's rather interesting, that Hasbro is releasing male-character blindbag-ponies. Since when did they do that in the past?

Could've been a lot worse, but it's not the! worst! possible! THING! That they're making molds out of background characters given fanon makeovers really speaks for itself. Now if only they could make molds which looked like their ACTUAL original counterparts.

Posted Image

I don't know what his fan name was though. I think he was that ninja pony from Luna Eclipsed.

edit: it was Yellow Burst... oh well, he now has an official name...

Edited by Marshmallow

I liked the fanfic names as they were. I really hope that Hasbro will decide to remove the official names if they notice that enough people don't like the new names and wants to stick to the current ones.

That's not gonna happen. You have to remember that "My Little Pony" is meant to be targeted to young girls. They're not going to change something that major just for us, especially since they've already released them. They would probably have copyright issues with some of the names anyway.

The names? They disinterest me. The actual toys? They shame Hasbro. Please tell me I'm not the only pony who noticed that they're just re-colored versions of the Mane Six. And the pictures on the cards are absolutely dreadful palette swaps!

*ahem* About the names, though, I suppose (since that IS the topic)...

I will continue to call Lyra by her better name, Lyra. 'Nuff said.

BerryShine? Ehh.... maybe I can deal with that.

Noteworthy I actually think sounds pretty cool. Good job on that one, Hasbro. (But feel SHAME for re-coloring Big Mac!)

Golden Harvest? Sounds like some kind of off-brand bread.

Since when have the MLP toys EVER been good? I have to admit though, they have increased in quality since the shows release. But they still are just little chunks of colored plastic.

If I were to buy any kinda of MLP merchandise it would be a shirt or a plushie (Of fluttershy of course ;) )

But anyways, I don't really care so much about the names anyways. But I think one think the show needs is more male ponies! As much as I love the females, equestria seems to be way too populated with them.

doesn't really matter what their names are.

Lyra Heartstrings will still be shipped with Bon-Bon Oil

Berrypunch will still be the town's drunk lesbian.

Carrot Top will still do terrible prop comedy.

and Cyclops will continue to blink with his face

Posted Image

I just realized that for the french translation, they used the word "gentille" instead of "gentil". That's the feminine form! (it's pretty much as if it said 'she is very gentle' in english)

Do they think that Big Mac is a girl or what?? He's manliest pony out there!

Edited by Marshmallow