Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was rarity in character?

FNGRpony

Now before i start stepping on any feet,

I'm going to ask "Do you as a fan, rarity or other wise" feel rarity was protrayed properly.

I've said in the past, in important situations rarityt chooses poorly.

she reacts poorly.  She doesn't respond well to the crunch so to speak.

that being said,

Damn,

she really went full blown b+_+_ in this episode.

I often found her drama queening and over reacting is the magical amount of getting carried away with it.  If that's possible.

Now I understand it was an important moment for rarity.

but these are 5 of her friends she's stared down death with.

Or least a alicorn nightmare, a chaos god, shadow lich pony, that she's been to hell and back with (or at least will come on tartus)

and she decides to scream at her friends and project a bad situation from someone wronging her.

Objectively is that rarity?

Is she the sort of pony who is likely to fly off on her friends because of something else?

I think rarity might have been samrt enough to simply bite her lip and pout instead of screaming yelling at her friends,

or express how important the compettion was to her,

instead of going all "the pony wears prada" on everyone.  (there's your pony joke out of me for the year enjoy it)

Yes, she was in character through the entire episode. In my opinion. 

well she tends to make the wrong decision first,

her sister episode with sweetie bell. sweet and elite,

I think if thet had wrote the story where lets say sweetie bell had just come along and been promise the play tickets,

and raritty insisted she stay to help out with the dress,

they could have made rarity more sympathetic, (potentially)

because sweetie bell would have likely reacted just as poorly to rarity back.

where as there was no way the main 6 would ever go do fun stuff to blow off a friend,

is rarity the kind of pony to forget that?

I think she was in character in the episode. If she wasn't in character, she wouldn't have realized what her mistake was and go out of her way to fix the problem.

• Brohoof 4

I think she was in character in the episode. If she wasn't in character, she wouldn't have realized what her mistake was and go out of her way to fix the problem.

did you feel her melt down was in character?

Yes Rarity was completely in character, she turned nasty for a bit because she was angry and highly stressed out and desperate, that is something that can happen to anyone. Once she cooled off the next day she quickly felt terrible about it but her friends didn't hold it against her because they knew that wasn't what she's normally like and they knew the circumstances that happened under.

Characters would be boring if they reacted to every highly emotional situation perfectly rationally. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 6

Yes Rarity was completely in character, she turned nasty for a bit because she was angry and highly stressed out and desperate, that is something that can happen to anyone. Once she cooled off the next day she quickly felt terrible about it but her friends didn't hold it against her because they knew that wasn't what she's normally like and they knew the circumstances that happened under.

Characters would be boring if they reacted to every highly emotional situation perfectly rationally. 

Apple jack wouldn't have reacted like that.  (and if she did imagine how bad things would have to be).

Honestly,

most of the main six when you sqeeze them hard enough break before they'd have that screaming moment.

Oh.... unless the break is rarity being nasty.  

Hum, i'm so use to the breaks being more fun.

Actually, I felt that she was very much in character.

From exuberant generosity to full blown B!+C# in 10 seconds flat ;)

But that IS Rarity.

Rarity is the middle character of the group. She has always been this balance between the two ends and when one side has more weight on it she tends to slide that way.

This episode really shows her extremes and just how multifaceted she can be.

Oh and at least SHE acknowledged her mistakes.... unlike other ponies (I'm looking at YOU miss princess sparkle) ;)

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 1

did you feel her melt down was in character?

Yes it was in character. Her meltdowns are usually showing her crying, besides we've seen Rarity have meltdowns before.

• Brohoof 2

No.

She was extremely in character and very human.

Not only was she generous (perhaps excessively in the song), she reacted the way she would if someone took advantage of the main quality that makes her her. Not to mention, Suri Polomare was a very good friend from sometime ago, and then Suri plagiarizes her. Knowing Rarity, she was angry and ambitious, and then she realized the consequences of her actions.

• Brohoof 7

Actually, I felt that she was very much in character.

From exuberant generosity to full blown B!+C# in 10 seconds flat ;)

But that IS Rarity.

Rarity is the middle character of the group. She has always been this balance between the two ends and when one side has more weight on it she tends to slide that way.

This episode really shows her extremes and just how multifaceted she can be.

Oh and at least SHE acknowledged her mistakes.... unlike other ponies (I'm looking at YOU miss princess sparkle) ;)

twilight makes mistakes to make her friends feel less inferior because she's best pony like that (LOL).

• Brohoof 1

For the first half of the episode she sure as hell wasn't, she may have her vain side but has never bragged about how generous she is until that song. That song had to be the MLP equivalent of some random guy singing about how big his schlong is. She was more in character during the second half of the episode though, and the episode did end on a positive note.

• Brohoof 1

twilight makes mistakes to make her friends feel less inferior because she's best pony like that (LOL).

Somewhere out there, there are two little oranges who knew that they were, at one time, a happy birdy... or a little froggy...*sighs*

*Wonders if she will ever apologize To Flutters for... oh I don't know... turning her into a BAT *not that she wasn't freaking adorable as all hell as one*... but still

For the first half of the episode she sure as hell wasn't, she may have her vain side but has never bragged about how generous she is until that song. That song had to be the MLP equivalent of some random guy singing about how big his schlong is. She was more in character during the second half of the episode though, and the episode did end on a positive note.

well,

i'll try and think about this in regards of the other six.

if pinkie did a song about being a party master and while the song was going she bragged about it,

would it been out of character?  

Actaully that might be kinda fun.

Rainbow dash doesn't need a song as an excuse to brag lol so moving on.

has twilight ever bragged?

I wouldn't really think twice if aj did a song about being the best apple farmer ever. or having the best family ever.

Not sure I could see flutters bragging,

um rarity bragging about her element?  I just assumed the song is kind of a sorta detachment pure fan moment,

and partial joke to rainbows "what pony just breaks into song for no reason?"

Somewhere out there, there are two little oranges who knew that they were, at one time, a happy birdy... or a little froggy...*sighs*

*Wonders if she will ever apologize To Flutters for... oh I don't know... turning her into a BAT *not that she wasn't freaking adorable as all hell as one*... but still

1 that was pinkie's fault. 

2 okay bear with me, new head canon (get ready for this bs)

twilight is good at magic.

twilight is good at friend ship

still there?

Twilight sucks at magic when it involves friend ship LOL.