Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Breezies?

Flash Fire

Do you like the idea of Breezies returning to the show?  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of G3 Breezies being brought into FiM?

• Yea
    • Neigh

Earlier today, Equestria Daily posted a few new episode titles. One really caught my eye. Season 4 Episode 16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies. Could this be the return of G3's fairy ponies? How would everypony feel about that?

img-2178794-1-941124_1328067758229_full.20508__safe_animated_g3_breezie.gif

G4 type image

180559__safe_g1_g3_g1+to+g4_g3+to+g4_con

Edited by Flash Fire

They did bring up a few new episode titles, but I see Hasbro implementing anything from the past generations because it might interfere with the story right now.

I can see it, honestly, It would be another gateway for more toys.

OK STOP!

Before you EVEN start your eye rolling at the above comment, face it, the series makes great toys...not that I own any...or a lot, or most of them, wait, what?!

Ahem! I must say the statement of "no they wont because X" is just internet ego, if they wanted too they could. We had Ra-ra herself up on Glossimer wings, recall that? Aaaaaaaaaful close to a Breezie.

In short I would be ok with this.....and for the love of Luna, GIVE ME SEA PONIES! PLEAAAAAAAASE!!!! Omg those mares made my bath time so freaking fun...wow im old -.-

And buck-you to the haters!

• Brohoof 2

Honestly? Yeah, I want them to return. I thought about it for a while, and then I was like-

"Maybe they're super girly and pretty and crap, but with the animators being as great as they are... They're going to look freaking adorable!"

I mean, I've never thought anything from the older generations were cute. At all. But they could definitely restore the breezies to be absolutely fakkin adorable! :wub:

Also, it provides some more world-building for Equestria as it lets us see a species different to what we generally see, and some more of the creatures outside of Ponyville. Also, the title suggests the Breezies will be facing some sort of issue, also, it makes me think that the ponies don't realise they even exist. Quite an interesting thought, in my opinion.

So, even if the breezies are returning purely on the premise of making more toys, I think the writers could do a great job bringing them back.

• Brohoof 3

It all depends on how they present the Breezies. Just like it would change my reaction based on how they present the Flutterponies or Seaponies (G1 pony types). For that matter flutterponies replaced the pegasi in G3.5 for reasons that were never explained, and they did a call-back to them with the Rarifly, which hasn't been brought up again since that one episode.

Given how they changed the basis of the entire franchise with G4, I have no doubt this version of the Breezies will be quite different from the G3 Breezies.

Plus they may just be borrowing the name in order to get a reaction from fans familiar with prior generations. Good, bad, as long as a reaction is had that's considered a win by marketers.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much all species introductions have gone well so there is nothing so far that indicates to me that there is anything to worry about so I am okay with them introducing fairy ponies.

wait...this makes megan mcarthys tweet make more sense when she said Justin Beiber would be singing in that episode...she called him a fariy! HA! LOL

Wait, it just occurred to me that he might be voicing one of them and they have a song..........

I'd really rather not see these things appear. I was already displeased with the addition of Crystal Ponies, to be honest. My preference is towards the four primary races: unicorn, pegasus, earth pony, (and very rarely) alicorn. They all represent various traits well, and compliment each other perfectly. Anything outside of them is just unnecessary and only there because it's cool, not to add any sort of cohesive world building to Equestria.

Here's to hoping that the episode title has nothing to do with those horrid things. @_@

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

I highly doubt that would happen, cause if there were fairy ponies, we probably would've seen atleast one by now.

It ain't easy being breezie wouldn't necessarily mean fairy ponies, it could be something to do with pegasi flying or something.

Although, anything is possible, we'll see...  ;)

(edited)

I highly doubt that would happen, cause if there were fairy ponies, we probably would've seen atleast one by now.

Not necessarily, we've only seen one griffon after all. They could live in a remote or unexplored area too. Even the Everfree could harbor them.

My preference is towards the four primary races: unicorn, pegasus, earth pony, (and very rarely) alicorn.

What about dragons and griffons? There are clearly more than just ponies in Equestria, but other races are rarer.

-------------------------------------------------

But, yes, anything is possible. The name could as easily be a coincidence.

Edited by Flash Fire

I'd really rather not see these things appear. I was already displeased with the addition of Crystal Ponies, to be honest. My preference is towards the four primary races: unicorn, pegasus, earth pony, (and very rarely) alicorn. They all represent various traits well, and compliment each other perfectly. Anything outside of them is just unnecessary and only there because it's cool, not to add any sort of cohesive world building to Equestria.

the Crystal Empire shouldn't technically be a part of Equestria....since you know, it has different rulers....

If we do see another pony race of some kind, whether it be call backs to earlier gens or not, they are most likely not going to be from Equestria....If that's the case, we cannot compare them to Equestrian ponies.  I mean just look at the Saddle Arabians....They remind me more of earlier gens (albiet very skinny) than what's been presented so far, and there wasn't really any firestorm about them. 

Whatever/whoever the breezies are, all we as fans can do is put our faith into the writers of this show. Toy bait or not, this show is better than what anyone could have expected. I don't see it really taking a dive bomb in quality....even though S4 is taking a different turn in terms of its storytelling, at the heart, it's what make this show great.

Edited by Treble Bolt

What about dragons and griffons? There are clearly more than just ponies in Equestria, but other races are rarer.

I don't consider dragons and griffons races, because everyone uses that word incorrectly in my opinion. A race is a subspecies, not any old sentient species that happens to inhabit a world. By "races," I mean pony races. Not the distinctive non-pony species.

the Crystal Empire shouldn't technically be a part of Equestria....since you know, it has different rulers....

If we do see another pony race of some kind, whether it be call backs to earlier gens or not, they are most likely not going to be from Equestria....If that's the case, we cannot compare them to Equestrian ponies.  I mean just look at the Saddle Arabians....They remind me more of earlier gens (albiet very skinny) than what's been presented so far, and there wasn't really any firestorm about them. 

Whatever/whoever the breezies are, all we as fans can do is put our faith into the writers of this show. Toy bait or not, this show is better than what anyone could have expected. I don't see it really taking a dive bomb in quality....even though S4 is taking a different turn in terms of its storytelling, at the heart, it's what make this show great.

I meant Equestria as in the WORLD in which the series takes place. They're really kind of vague about whether Equestria is the name of the world or a country. And yeah, I've seen the official map and stuff. But there's not much else to call that world except Equestria. So I guess there was just a weird misinterpretation here. @_@

I don't consider dragons and griffons races, because everyone uses that word incorrectly in my opinion. A race is a subspecies, not any old sentient species that happens to inhabit a world. By "races," I mean pony races. Not the distinctive non-pony species

I'll give you that one. I was just using general vernacular. Also, I don't really see Breezies as the same species as ponies. They are about as pony to me as fairies are human.

I'll give you that one. I was just using general vernacular. Also, I don't really see Breezies as the same species as ponies. They are about as pony to me as fairies are human.

To be more show-specific, if they bring Breezies in, they will be as 'pony' as Zebras, Saddle Arabians, and Donkeys, all of which are depicted as non-pony yet equine.

Darn lost my thought, ah there it is, 

Why i don't want to be driven by hasbro's need to make toys as a means to inspire fear in me to say no to an old concept,

it doesn't look good.  Do you have some deviant art that might portray it in a more favorable light?

Darn lost my thought, ah there it is, 

Why i don't want to be driven by hasbro's need to make toys as a means to inspire fear in me to say no to an old concept,

it doesn't look good.  Do you have some deviant art that might portray it in a more favorable light?

You seem to have me wrong. I was simply pointing out the name reoccurrence and a possibility of these happening again. The picture was from G3. I don't think there is any G4 - grade art for this as my choices via google of reference pics were very limited and all G3. That said, I think these were the best designed characters of G3.

Hold on...JB is singing in that this breezies episode? :blink:

Oooooh no..... dear me hasbro i hope it's a rumour.... :o

Hold on no wonder there are fairy ponies

This would be ok but more types of ponies? .

Bring the breezies on!

• Brohoof 1

You seem to have me wrong. I was simply pointing out the name reoccurrence and a possibility of these happening again. The picture was from G3. I don't think there is any G4 - grade art for this as my choices via google of reference pics were very limited and all G3. That said, I think these were the best designed characters of G3.

well what writer would you use for them and which pony woudl be the focal point?

i'm assuming their magical so it's going to be "twilgiht flubs a spell" or something like that.

those are always fun.