Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Rarity Really Do That?

CT-1138

In the latest episode, Rarity gets tickets for an excerpt showing of Hinny of the Hills by promising she'd make all the costumes for the next production. Okay... Coco comes in, tells Rarity she won, and that she quit Suri. Got it. But then, What the heck was with that end game. Did Rarity dump the entire job on Coco? Or is Coco helping Rarity to make the costumes? Please, somebody explain this end to me.

In the latest episode, Rarity gets tickets for an excerpt showing of Hinny of the Hills by promising she'd make all the costumes for the next production. Okay... Coco comes in, tells Rarity she won, and that she quit Suri. Got it. But then, What the heck was with that end game. Did Rarity dump the entire job on Coco? Or is Coco helping Rarity to make the costumes? Please, somebody explain this end to me.

Rarity simply got Coco a job working for her friend, and from the sound of it, one she'd be getting paid for. 

"I suppose you'll need a job now that you're no longer with Suri" implies that Coco needs a way to make some income, after all.

• Brohoof 4

Coco was Jobless :D It was a great opportunity for her to get her name out there as a designer, and Rarity could go back to Ponyville with her friends and continue running the Carousel Boutique :D All and all, it was a win win.

In the beginning, the tickets weren't for a private performance and were a gift for Rarity supplying the designs to the costumes for the play.

In the end, they got a private screening due to Rarity agreeing to make all of the the costumes for the next play; Rarity said it herself it was a great job opportunity, but she didn't want to leave her friends; that's when Coco came in. Coco had no job, and Rarity handed the one she had just gotten over to Coco so A.) Coco had a job (that was a good start in the fashion biz, I might add) and B.) Rarity could go back to Ponyville :D

It was a win-win ;)

• Brohoof 5

Well, Coco had quit working for Suri, so she didn't have a job, which I assume ponies need to make a living. Anywho, she gives Rarity a gift (the thread), so Rarity gives the costumes job to Coco. So, technically, I think Rarity did dump the entire job on Coco, but since Coco is a designer herself and without a job; she gets to continue doing what she loves: designing clothes. And this way, Rarity gets to come back to Ponyville, and not stay in Manehattan without her friends. Sort of a win-win situation.

Well, to me, it seems like a double edged sword here. For one, I would feel eternally grateful, but I would probably be a bit irritated that all this work that was supposed to be for someone else's payment had just been left to me. I guess it's kinda a case of generosity vs responsibility.

Well, to me, it seems like a double edged sword here. For one, I would feel eternally grateful, but I would probably be a bit irritated that all this work that was supposed to be for someone else's payment had just been left to me. I guess it's kinda a case of generosity vs responsibility.

I'd be grateful someone gave me a job, when I was unemployed, that could help get my name out in the business of doing what I'm passionate about, and I'm sure Coco would agree ;)

• Brohoof 2

I don't think it was just left to her. She could have easily just refused if she wanted. However, remember: she didn't have a job which meant she couldn't make a living. Also, it's not like the job is something she didn't like to do. She was a designer just like Rarity, so she would probably love to make costumes for a musical. That could probably really help you along in the fashion industry.

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

Rarity is willing to allow Coco to help her with making dresses back at home, it's not like Rarity will let her do all of the work and try to con her out of her money. She is going to help Coco make a living with making dresses so that she can be happy and not have to be a puppet on strings with Suri.

Just go on the internet and tell lies?

...sorry, sorry.

And Rarity just landed Coco a job so she could get more moneys. A really good one, apparently.

Rarity letting Coco have that job was a very generous offer. If she didn't do that then Rarity would be stuck in Manehatten and Coco would be jobless, and nobody would have liked either of those things happening... :(

Edited by Radiance64
  • Brohoof 1