movies/tv So who is into Top Gear?

TorqueEffect

(edited)

I freaking love Top Gear. BBC version, of course. The American version freaking sucks. It's garbage compared to the BBC version. 

My favorite episodes are the specials. The American and Bolivia specials are my two favorites by a long shot. 

And this. This is one of my favorite moments ever from the series :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq6Qe4rFFJY

You could watch it on Netflix! I think they have Series 2 - 20-something. And in HD (where HD episodes are available because, obviously, the show didn't start out in HD)

Or finalgear.com they have torrent packs of every season, including Season 1, and the latest season

I love Top Gear, though it doesn't air over here across the pond.(at least we get Doctor Who). I would watch it more if it was aired on TV here more. The American Top Gear sucks.

My fave bits have got to be the Reliant Robin and the Toyota Hilux.

finalgear.com <<<<

I enjoy the UK version much more than the American one. My personal favorite part are the challenges. There is also man-lab which is partially related to Topgear since it's made and ran by James May.

Yeah, all three of the hosts have done shows other than Top Gear.

Jeremy Clarkson has done his own DVDs, and I can't think of the shows he has done off the top my head but I know he has done at least one.

James May has probably done more than anyone else, even has a series on the youtube channel Head Squeeze where you can listen to his rambling in interesting scientific stuff. I watch both his Toy specials, and that one show about doing crazy things with toys, like build a full size real Lego house.

Here is the Head Squeeze channel. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMrtJn-MOYmfqNgyPxx6NYMZnd25y4shc

Hammond has done a few shows but can't think of any of them either.

Edited by TorqueEffect

Yeah, all three of the hosts have done shows other than Top Gear.   Jeremy Clarkson has done his own DVDs, and I can't think of the shows he has done off the top my head but I know he has done at least one.   James May has probably done more than anyone else, even has a series on the youtube channel Head Squeeze where you can listen to his rambling in interesting scientific stuff. I watch both his Toy specials, and that one show about doing crazy things with toys, like build a Lego house.   Here is the Head Squeeze channel. http://www.youtube.c...x6NYMZnd25y4shc   Hammond has done a few shows but can't think of any of them either.

Summary: James May is a bomb-ass dude.

Ponified!!!!! Everything need to be ponified!!! img-2195777-1-large.jpg

Holy schnitzels! Did you draw that yourself? Because that is some top-notch artistry there. You've managed to capture the building atmosphere quite well, complete with horseshoe chairs and tables and faceless crowd standing in the background. It really is a great piece of work, even the outfits do a good job at conveying character. That's a right fine picture there. Good job on it.

(edited)

Holy schnitzels! Did you draw that yourself? Because that is some top-notch artistry there. You've managed to capture the building atmosphere quite well, complete with horseshoe chairs and tables and faceless crowd standing in the background. It really is a great piece of work, even the outfits do a good job at conveying character. That's a right fine picture there. Good job on it.

No no no.....

Don't credit me. I did not do anything other than share it here.

Sorry I should have linked to the source.

Here is the link. http://kman-studio.deviantart.com/art/Top-Hoof-280948509

Edited by TorqueEffect

• 2 weeks later...

their hate for german cars is sublime... i love top gear (only the british one, the american sucks as usual, the australian is average).. i am a bucking fan! i have Jeremy autograph over a Ferrari Italia poster XD XD

the american one is a joke, and i watch it, good show

Yup, still a good show, just no where near as good as the original.

Which is mostly down to the hosts I think, UK they have a good chemistry between the hosts, and even though most of it is all scripted you barely notice it unless you are looking for it, while the US version, you can clearly see everything is scripted out and there is hardly any chemistry going on between the hosts Also they do not really do car reviews, or proper star in a reasonably priced car, but I think that is mainly down to the crap run time they have because they have to cut like 20 minutes out for damn commercials. (Seriously, fuck you cable/sat TV) 

Haven't watched the Australian version yet.

Yup, still a good show, just no where near as good as the original.

Which is mostly down to the hosts I think, UK they have a good chemistry between the hosts, and even though most of it is all scripted you barely notice it unless you are looking for it, while the US version, you can clearly see everything is scripted out and there is hardly any chemistry going on between the hosts Also they do not really do car reviews, or proper star in a reasonably priced car, but I think that is mainly down to the crap run time they have because they have to cut like 20 minutes out for damn commercials. (Seriously, fuck you cable/sat TV)

Haven't watched the Australian version yet.

Top Gear US goes on for a while, but I still think it seems kinda rushed.

I agree with everything you said, though.

Edited by Lunar tK

I love Top Gear! I watch it with my dad and brother! The newest episode was out a few days ago! It's very funny xD however what I really liked most is even though it's almost always jokes and messing about... They took a very serious approach to wishing Michael Schumacher (the F1 driver who has been in a coma...) a speedy recovery and I thought the way they did that was very grown up and mature... No jokes at all... Did you know Jeremy Clarkson voiced Lightning McQueen 's agent in the UKversion of the Pixar film Cars?

Has anyone seen the Vietnam Special? They are on motorbikes and mopeds and that is so funny! Watching Clarkson try to ride those is so entertaining! I like the challenges most of all :) challenges, specials and road trips xD oh and the races! Car v public transport and such...

Edited by JellyBean

I love Top Gear! I watch it with my dad and brother! The newest episode was out a few days ago! It's very funny xD however what I really liked most is even though it's almost always jokes and messing about... They took a very serious approach to wishing Michael Schumacher (the F1 driver who has been in a coma...) a speedy recovery and I thought the way they did that was very grown up and mature... No jokes at all... Did you know Jeremy Clarkson voiced Lightning McQueen 's agent in the UKversion of the Pixar film Cars?

I did not know that. Interesting.

Did you just call American top gear 'mediokre'? As in even remotely acceptable? That show doesn't deserve to be called top gear. I absolutely love British top gear. It's always funny, over the top random. They never stay on topic.

(edited)

Did you just call American top gear 'mediokre'? As in even remotely acceptable? That show doesn't deserve to be called top gear. I absolutely love British top gear. It's always funny, over the top random. They never stay on topic.

It isn't really that bad. You have to watch it with the mindset that it isn't top gear, just another American car show, but this car show is significantly better than any other trash car programs that are spewed out.

Edited by TorqueEffect