Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop Needing practice ( closed)

RoguesWolfe

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paint on the cheap too! My paints cost $1.00 per bottle. They are by Folkart. I have a tutorial thread around here somewhere. I plan on doing a painting tutorial series here soon. This is my best work, I did it all with SUPER cheap paints. My brushes rarely cost over $2 a piece. However, I have invested in some high end brushes, because I like to spoil myself.

http://detectivebutler.deviantart.com/art/Ex-Luna-In-Solem-379033890

I paint on the cheap too! My paints cost $1.00 per bottle. They are by Folkart. I have a tutorial thread around here somewhere. I plan on doing a painting tutorial series here soon. This is my best work, I did it all with SUPER cheap paints. My brushes rarely cost over $2 a piece. However, I have invested in some high end brushes, because I like to spoil myself.

http://detectivebutler.deviantart.com/art/Ex-Luna-In-Solem-379033890

Would you mind sending me the link when you do the tutorial?

Would you mind sending me the link when you do the tutorial?

Certainly! I am actually working on another painting right now. Though, no lies here. When I do landscapes, I work with REALLY expensive acrylics. They are not mixed down, and it allows me to work quickly, and 'make big decisions'.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/85682-wip-a-tale-of-one-river-fancy-acrylics-painting/

P.S. - I am not trying to Hijack your thread! I really like what you are doing, and I want you to know, I started the exact same way. I started here with my very first painting! I did a giveaway, and then did another, and another. That was only 9 months or so ago! My very first giveaway. Don't stop! No matter what, keep painting, every day, whenever you can. Give every painting 100%. You are going to have paintings you hate, and some you just outright scrap. I want you to see the stages, and I can't wait to do the tutorial. Paintings never look good until the very final detailing steps.

Even if you scrap some paintings. Don't stop. Just push through, and do it again. It will become natural as breathing.

Photo0043_zps351c6426.jpg

Here I go ranting again. However, I want you to just stick with it. I started with five paints and a pack of throw-away brushes. I invested each time I could to get better and better stuff. I will post again here in a moment to make sure you have a link to that tutorial thread. The paints I use and brushes I recommend are there.

Here is a link to that tutorial thread.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/77572-the-db-painting-series/

Edited by Detective Butler

Certainly! I am actually working on another painting right now. Though, no lies here. When I do landscapes, I work with REALLY expensive acrylics. They are not mixed down, and it allows me to work quickly, and 'make big decisions'.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/85682-wip-a-tale-of-one-river-fancy-acrylics-painting/

P.S. - I am not trying to Hijack your thread! I really like what you are doing, and I want you to know, I started the exact same way. I started here with my very first painting! I did a giveaway, and then did another, and another. That was only 9 months or so ago! My very first giveaway. Don't stop! No matter what, keep painting, every day, whenever you can. Give every painting 100%. You are going to have paintings you hate, and some you just outright scrap. I want you to see the stages, and I can't wait to do the tutorial. Paintings never look good until the very final detailing steps.

Even if you scrap some paintings. Don't stop. Just push through, and do it again. It will become natural as breathing.

Photo0043_zps351c6426.jpg

Here I go ranting again. However, I want you to just stick with it. I started with five paints and a pack of throw-away brushes. I invested each time I could to get better and better stuff. I will post again here in a moment to make sure you have a link to that tutorial thread. The paints I use and brushes I recommend are there.

I dont see it as hijacking my thread XD it just makes me really happy someone wants to help.

I dont see it as hijacking my thread XD it just makes me really happy someone wants to help.

I edited that last post to a link to the tutorial I will be doing. Just keep going. You will want to quit, but that is you getting better. Every single time you want to quit, you actually just got a little better. If you keep going after that point, you will be better than you were before it. I am not making this up.

Well I can add people to a waiting list, so that would be fine.

Oh dear. I kind of expected a mention or quote, because I didn't see this until now XD: Oh well, I hope you don't mind me asking you to draw my OC Xiomara then. :unsure:

img-2052525-1-oJ82fbj.png

And if you need more info on her, her char sheet is on my signature too. At any case, thanks for the heads up, and I hope it's not too much of a bother. :)

Oh dear. I kind of expected a mention or quote, because I didn't see this until now XD: Oh well, I hope you don't mind me asking you to draw my OC Xiomara then. :unsure:

img-2052525-1-oJ82fbj.png

And if you need more info on her, her char sheet is on my signature too. At any case, thanks for the heads up, and I hope it's not too much of a bother. :)

Added to the list.