Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleep with the door open or closed?

DubWolf

(edited)

Literally doesn't matter. I'll get woken up around 6-7 either way. If it's closed my cat wakes me up around 6 with her annoying meowing. If I leave it open our Yorkie will run into my room when she wakes up and jumps on my head.

I usually leave it closed. I can ignore my cat but a dog jumping on your head is kind of hard to ignore.

Edited by iceestarz
  • Brohoof 1

Closed. The family room with a TV is outside my room. I like my room completely dark and quiet when I'm trying to sleep. Also, In the morning my cat will bash the door open and scream to try and wake me up if it's not closed all the way, because she likes to be a brat. :baconmane:

• Brohoof 2

Open

I'm a super paranoid person but my cats like to walk in and out so I'd rather leave the door open.

Being closed isn't going to keep out people who want in bad enough anyway lol

Closed. Ive always have my door closed because my imagination can be a bit of a jerk. If I leave it open, I imagine in the middle of the night that I'm going to wake up at like 3 am and see a glowing ghost standing in my door watching me. As dumb as that might sound...

Though if a person or ghost ever intruded my room, I doubt I could do anything anyways. I'd be too scared.

• Brohoof 1

Closed. My door, and by extension, bed, face directly down a long hallway in my house that's lit by one super-weak nightlight at night. I don't really like waking up only to look down a really dark, really long hallway into an unlit void. I do sometimes leave it open a crack when my cat's about though.

• Brohoof 1

Closed, always closed for safety reasons! Meaning my cats. Sometimes they gnaw on anything they can find and my room is full of wires. They also make noise and that's what irritates me the most when I try to sleep.

I sleep with my door closed at all times. Well except winter,winter I let my cat in my room to sleep with me since it's very cold and he needs to get out and inside my room.

Closed, i'm paranoid and keep a gun in my dresser too. 

Since i still have about a year until I can get my Concealed carry permit for a handgun I have my rather large survival knife in easy access from my side table by my bad. It's the best I can do for now.

• Brohoof 1

I sleep with my door open. I'll admit, I'm rather scared of the dark and I'm always on edge when I don't know exactly what is going on around me, so I like to be able to see outside my room. Also, there's a light out there. :P

Closed. I don't like the idea of people walking past my room and looking at me while I'm asleep. I also usually have my door closed while I'm awake, but the only reason my door is open right now is because I'm too lazy to get up and close it. When my brother walks in without my permission, he doesn't close the sort and if I don't tell him to close it in time then I have to get up and close it myself. Annoying.

Closed and locked, Makes me feel a lot better and it keeps my dogs out. Having a 70 pound dog jump on you at 3AM isn't fun.