Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleep with the door open or closed?

DubWolf

I keep it closed. For sone reason tge thought of something standing in tge doorway pops into my noggin and I can't sleep. So I like need to have it shut.

Logically I know it doesn't make sense. It like imagining that something is gonna grab your foot in the dark. You know it's not gonna happen but it still crosses your mind and it's still creepy

• Brohoof 5

I wouldn't be able to sleep if my door was open XD. I would have to keep opening my eyes and looking towards the door to check nothing is standing outside my door....... like a monster

• Brohoof 1

i hate to keep my door open. There are monsters outside. D:

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Closed because some dingus is always leaving the lights on in the hallway, and the way my room is always positioned the light will always be shining in my face, and I'd rather not have to wake up in the middle of the night, get up, and have to turn the lights off, it's always hard for me to go back to sleep

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

I can't even think of a single time where I slept with my door open.

I always sleep with it closed, specially because everyone in my family has a tendency to walk in the middle of the night and turn on the lights.

• Brohoof 2

I always sleep with my door open, otherwise, my cat might end up clawing the door and keeping me up.

Ninja'd, thought I was going to be the first to respond with "open" :P

To be fair, I used to sleep with the door closed back when I lived with my parents. I used to pretty much always have my door closed, because I always felt constricted by my biological family and needed as much privacy and alone time as I could get. Since I moved out though, I started changing my habits and switched to leaving it open, because I prefer to feel more "connected" to the other people and other animals in my home by not putting a barrier between us, as I find their presence very comforting.

Besides, after moving about a month ago I still haven't found time to shampoo the carpet, and the previous owner of my bedroom was a smoker, so if I keep the door closed too long or otherwise go too long without aerating the room that nasty smoke smell will start to build up, which is awful. I really need to take care of that soon...

My door is always open, but I do have a flag curtain that I use every night that covers the view of the living room and hallway. I did used to have my door closed, but it seems easier for me to have a soft boundary than completely have the door shut.

Closed always, whether I'm asleep or not. Less noise, more privacy, better peace of mind.  :twi:

^ Pretty much sums up to what I was gonna say. :lol: