Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleep with the door open or closed?

DubWolf

I like having mine open if I can. The reason being is so air can flow through so my room doesn't turn into a sauna.

Door is almost always closed this time of year. I installed an AC for my room to accompany the swamp cooler and now my room stays a comfy 70 degrees while it's 90 outside.

Always closed. I had a home invasion that I was only able to respond to safely because I had shut my bedroom door that night. Now I always shut and lock the bedroom door. 

Closed.

Open Doors with darkness behind them generally frighten me for some reason,

so I try to keep all Doors I have access to closed.

(Even though it probably wouldn't matter, if someone was in my house, then they could just break through the doors if they wanted to... )

Just now, Darkcoucou said:

Closed.

Open Doors with darkness behind them generally frighten me for some reason,

so I try to keep all Doors I have access to closed.

(Even though it probably wouldn't matter, if someone was in my house, then they could just break through the doors if they wanted to... )

THIS>>>

The closed door keeps "things" out! I even trained my husband to close the bedroom door. For some reason he thought leaving it open was okay!

(If he ever read that, he would laugh at me for a week!)

• Brohoof 1

I usually sleep with the door open. Mainly so it doesn't get too hot and so my cat can walk in and out. Only exceptions is when there's a lot of noise outside.

• Brohoof 1

Closed. It wouldn't matter if I lived alone or not. When I go to sleep I want my surroundings to be like a cocoon, shutting away as much of the outer world as possible. Dark, silent and sequestered. That's how I like it. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Narcissus said:

Closed. It wouldn't matter if I lived alone or not. When I go to sleep I want my surroundings to be like a cocoon, shutting away as much of the outer world as possible. Dark, silent and sequestered. That's how I like it. 

That sums up me pretty well.

• Brohoof 1

I sleep with my door closed so I don't get woken up by my mom who gets up at like five in the morning. She can be a little loud when she's getting ready, and I don't need to be woken up by her when I don't need to be. Also it's just for a little more privacy too, like I don't need people walking past my bedroom and seeing me asleep on my bed, it's just kinda random I guess. So I sleep with my door closed, I always have and I probably always will :proud:

• Brohoof 1

Closed, not because of the cats. I just get weirdly freaked out that the door is gonna start geentlyy hitting against the wall, same if its ncot closed properly, the sound freaks me out.

(edited)

As much as I love my cat, she will keep me up at night if I keep the door open. I'd rather not have to deal with her wanting to play at 3 in the morning. :P

Edited by Prospekt

(edited)

Closed, almost purely from habit alone. Don't care how hot or if the house needs circulation or even if the door doesn't even HAVE a lock! I WIIILL LOCK YOOOU!

Not much scared of anything in particular, but I'll just burst into flame knowing there's an unlocked door near.

... though I'm slowly gonna catch every other poster's door paranoia now! … doorinoia?

Edit: ... y'know, actually gotten in fights from others trying to KEEP me from locking doors. Doors exist to be locked! 

... BRB, gotta go lock doors now.

Edited by Widdershins

Open in the type of weather we're getting in England at the moment, because it's way too hot. :) 

During colder times, the doors will be closed. :D 

Although, I'd probably have the door permanently closed if we had AC, but it isn't usually hot here, so AC is quite uncommon.

I sleep with the door closed, pretty much have to. Otherwise the dog gets in my room and will eat the cat food. That and my parents get up at 5am and I'd rather not wake from it.

i live by myself so i keep it open to be able to hear anything that's going on in the house,like bell or phone ringing etc(i sleep during the day usualy)
now that its summer i actually removed the door to keep air flowing nicely without it banging

I always sleep with the door closed and a dim red nightlight. Funny thing is, I don't like outdoor lights so my land is very dark at night. Amateur astronomy and fear of the dark don't go together. 

On 6/30/2016 at 9:48 AM, Lucky Star said:

I keep it closed. For sone reason tge thought of something standing in tge doorway pops into my noggin and I can't sleep. So I like need to have it shut.

Logically I know it doesn't make sense. It like imagining that something is gonna grab your foot in the dark. You know it's not gonna happen but it still crosses your mind and it's still creepy

That happened to me several times when I was younger, a lesser known of hazard in regards to cockraches. Sleepy, mmmm, NAB cockroach grabs your toe. Its very effective at waking you up but I don't recommend it.

As for the question I normally have mine open along with the window to get a breeeze.