Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Underrated Anime?

Castle Bleck

Probably Eden of the East. It has a really spectacular and unique storyline (with a cool opening and closing song and animation) and mixes North American and Japanese ideas together, which I don't often see in a lot of animes.

It didn't have that many episodes, but there are two films, and I believe it is also available on Netflix.

EDIT: Link fail.

Edited by Zenith
  • Brohoof 1

Watamote is probably my favorite underrated anime, some prefer the manga over the anime but I enjoy both because the characters are people that I wouldn't mind meeting at all. :P

Mine is defiantly Toriko, but sadly I don't think very many people could take this seriously...

But if you like one piece, then I think you'll like toriko. I know it's awesome, so I hope others see that too soon.

• Brohoof 1

RWBY.

Everyone complains about the 'bad voice acting' 'stiff animation' and 'bad art style.' This was RTs first run into a fully animated series save for RvB S10, which had nearly the entire company backing it. I loved it.

• Brohoof 5

RWBY.

Everyone complains about the 'bad voice acting' 'stiff animation' and 'bad art style.' This was RTs first run into a fully animated series save for RvB S10, which had nearly the entire company backing it. I loved it.

Wait wait wait...what? I get stiff animation (it was still VERY good) and maybe "bad art style" since not everyone likes the same artstyles...but bad voice acting? RWBY had some of the best voice acting I've ever heard. Ever. Forever. Of all time. No questions. Fuck you people who disagree, you're deaf.

Anyway...I don't watch all that much anime so I can't really name anything obscure but Ah My Goddess and Jing: King of Bandits never seem to get the love they so richly deserve.

Zenith, on 28 Jan 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

Probably Eden of the East. It has a really spectacular and unique storyline (with a cool opening and closing song and animation) and mixes North American and Japanese ideas together, which I don't often see in a lot of animes.

It didn't have that many episodes, but there are two films, and I believe it is also available on Netflix.

I was going to say Eden of the East as well. I watched all of the episodes, and both movies in one day. It was a great show, and it's been a while since I've seen something like it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going with Kill Me Baby. It's so zany, weird, and hilarious. I love it.

http://youtu.be/dwkClIFBMEE

Ohhhh myyy god that's an anime oh my god

I READ THOSE MANGA STRIPS AS A KID

I LOVED THEM

I didn't know they had made a show out of it, thank you so much *o*

The strips I read were called "Baby, Please Kill Me", so I suppose it was a bad translation or something, or maybe they changed it, I dunno XD

AGIRI FTW

Edited by Zenith

• 5 months later...
(edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXFjkdvUQ1c

Everybody finds it boring, but if you like slice of life, and farming, this is great!

I like it because It reminds me of everything where I live.  And it's just... hnnng, feels.

Main character can relate to me more than most.

Second would have to be 

Kemono no souja Erin

Sure, it has looped footage and the same song remade a bunch of times, but it's BYOOOOTIFUL ;w;

And probably more of a kid show, but way good.

Another great one that I highly recommend is the Kino no Tabi Series, just... creative and not TOO high strung to give you a headache.

I'm in no way an expert to know if something is underrated or not when it comes to anime.  It's just ones I know people don't really talk about.

Edited by Acoustic Cloud