Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do Cutie Marks work?

Treble Bolt

I am working on "pimping out" my beloved truck with pony.  I am creating cutie mark stickers to go above the rear fenders.  However, I am stumped as to how to properly make my cutie mark work on both sides. I am not sure if I should flip it horizontally or not.

Most cutie marks in the show don't seem to matter if they are flipped or not because they are symmetrical.  However, my cutie mark is not.

2hnbae0.png

This will be on the driver's side, fat end of the note pointing towards driver's door

If I do flip it:

30mlcns.png

the fat end of the note will point towards the passenger door on the passenger side.  This seems correct, but I am not entirely sure.

Should they face the same way (both sides have pic 1) or should one be flipped.  How would it be on a pony's flank and be congruent with the show?

They should face the same way, but it's what you want. If it was on a pony's flank, I think it would be congruent with the show if they are facing the way that most cutie marks do.

What Scootalove said. Although I used to think a pony's cutie mark only appeared on one flank (and blank on the other). I guess they pop up in both flanks when it happens. It would be awkward to mistake a pony for a blank flank when the mark is on the other side!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

What Scootalove said. Although I used to think a pony's cutie mark only appeared on one flank (and blank on the other). I guess they pop up in both flanks when it happens. It would be awkward to mistake a pony for a blank flank when the mark is on the other side!

The show messes up all the time with the cutie marks; sometimes they are even on the inner thighs :P

Well, I got my stickers ordered, and they do look correct (going with what was said). Now, I just have to wait for the weather to get above 50 F so I they will stick to the body of my truck :D It better be warm enough by the time MLP-MSP rolls around.

• Brohoof 1