Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Generation 3 or MLP:FiM?

Bird Mom

After watching episode after episode of both generations. I'm tied up. On one hand, Generation 3 is better in action and had more toys than MLP:FiM. Buuut..MLP:FiM on the other hand has way better graphics and more comedy, which, everypony hardly remembers Generation 1,2, or 3. So, My Little Pony franchise has been around since 1982 or 1983. And all other 3 generations were hand-drawn. Which is way more original. But Hasbro now uses Flash to make the graphics. Anypony can do that. So what do you like better? Generation 3, or MLP:FiM?? Your choice!

i'm going with FiM here.

i never watched any of the earlier generations as a kid, tough i tried watching one episode and i have to say it just doesn't appeal to me the way FiM does.

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 1

FIM is definetly the best out of all of them and would rank G1 as second... 2 and 3 however......(flush)

G1 had darker story tones despite its more "cartoony" characterization.

If they were to combine the two, that would be fan-freaking-tastic.

I found G3 to be somewhat disappointing, as it was constantly in flux. There really weren't that many G3 'episodes' before they re-arranged stuff and shredded the cast down to Core 7. Then there were only a small number of 'episodes' before they converted over to G3.5, and everything *really* went pear-shaped. Ponies changed breeds without notice, the animation had some strange artifacts like constantly wibbling hair or inconsistent outlining, and the storylines were not particularly strong. Especially the two web-cast episodes that cumulated G3.5 which were just bizarre.

Otherwise, my favorite ponies were Sunny Daze and Kimono. Simply because Sunny was so unintentionally funny, and Kimono was so sarcastic. Unfortunately we lost them when they moved to Core 7.

So really, I feel it *could* have been good, but each phase of G3 didn't last long enough reach their potentials, and the various 'episodes' felt like more time and effort could have been put into them.

To balance that, the toy line was very extensive. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I prefer MLP FiM over gen 3. I've seen a few parts of it, and it looks much more girly and therefore much more uninteresting to me, and also the art style is unappealing to me as well.

• Brohoof 1