Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Those unexpected final boss\boss themes

Fantasma Phantasm

Really, this is the one that caught me by surprise; The boss theme for FFXI. It being the first MMO for the series, I did not expect much. Instead, it is actually rather...different and has a very ominous tone to it, which I think was done well. :3 I especially love the percussions here.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

I suppose this would catch anyone off guard. Kirby 64 is generally a happy game and the boss music had this sort of bounce to it. While the world 6 boss was also unique when compared to the other bosses, the song for 02 really comes out of left field. Heck, that whole boss does really.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 4

Spoilery Wild Arms 2 final boss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNO0SNu8HE0

While the boss itself does kinda come out of nowhere it's existence in the game still makes sense. This song is a remix of the main theme of the game as well and many other songs also remix this theme. This particular version of the song fits so perfectly...

Still my favorite final boss theme of all time. Nothing can beat it.

It does come at you when you think you've finished everything though so I guess it qualifies.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

Pokémon has had great legendary battle themes before, but I didn't think X/Y's would be this good:

But it is. Probably the best battle theme the series has ever had imo. I don't think I realized just how good it was until I heard it the second time when trying to catch Zygarde, but when it resonated with me I was like 'damn, this music is amazing!' Best part is that you can use it in any online battle you want, which is awesome. :D

• Brohoof 2

Pokémon has had great legendary battle themes before, but I didn't think X/Y's would be this good:

But it is. Probably the best battle theme the series has ever had imo. I don't think I realized just how good it was until I heard it the second time when trying to catch Zygarde, but when it resonated with me I was like 'damn, this music is amazing!' Best part is that you can use it in any online battle you want, which is awesome. :D

A fine example right here!

Spoilery Wild Arms 2 final boss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNO0SNu8HE0

While the boss itself does kinda come out of nowhere it's existence in the game still makes sense. This song is a remix of the main theme of the game as well and many other songs also remix this theme. This particular version of the song fits so perfectly...

Still my favorite final boss theme of all time. Nothing can beat it.

It does come at you when you think you've finished everything though so I guess it qualifies.

I like it!! I thinks awesome!

I suppose this would catch anyone off guard. Kirby 64 is generally a happy game and the boss music had this sort of bounce to it. While the world 6 boss was also unique when compared to the other bosses, the song for 02 really comes out of left field. Heck, that whole boss does really.

Darn, I was just going to post something from Kirby 64, but everyone always seem to beat me at whatever I set out to do.

Oh well, here's something just as good. I don't think anybody in the world playing Conker's Bad Fur Day could have expected the Great Mighty Poo song in a million years. It completely threw me off guard when I first heard it (I'm sure this also applied to everyone else playing the game too). You simply can't go wrong with a giant poo singing about... poo. Seriously, there's nothing else in the entire world quite like this.

Just a quick tip, there is some "big people" language present. Please don't sue.

• Brohoof 2

Earthbound's Porky Means Buisness

It starts off as 8-bit, which is really different for the game. Then it goes to heavy metal, which is also really different for the game. And IMO it's the best of the game, except maybe besides the Sanctuary Boss theme.

By extention: Porky's Pokies from Mother 3

• Brohoof 1