Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Tomb Raider (2013 Reboot)

Discordian

(edited)

There's a new Tomb Raider coming out in 2012 that is a sort of redesign of Lara Croft. In this game she will be far more vulnerable than she was in previous games, the game was classified by Game Informer as a Survival Adventure game where you will have to learn how to survive rather than run and gunning like older Tomb Raiders.

Edited by Artemis
added tags; altered title

• 11 months later...

So, Varcolac bought the new Tomb Raider game ((actually I did -_-)) It seems fun, has a built in leveling system and multiplayer. Neither of us have played the multiplayer yet and Square Enix as far as I know hasn't worked with it before this and it has me worried.

These are my opinions and I am curious if anypony else has it and your opinions.

Honestly, I saw a couple videos, but the large amount of pixels gave me a headache. I'd rather just go back to the PS1 original, where Lara had triangle tits, and was exploring pixellated temples...

Also, they named it Tomb Raider. Just Tomb Raider. They've got the perfect name to sell their game, and it reminds me SO MUCH of Criterion's new NFS "Most Wanted"

This Tomb Raider game is the first to make me want to buy it since the first one, I love the revamp and that they've actually made her weak and vulnerable. The fact that she grows in strength later makes it all the better.

As for multiplayer... I'm dubious, but then I don't like multiplayer games generally.

Square Enix has plenty of experience with multiplayer ;)

Final Fantasy 11 and 14. 

wiki :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider_(2013_video_game)

I've been busy with story and just getting 100% in everything. I'll be trying the multiplayer tomorrow ;) (PC)

Those are MMO's and signifigantly different from a "Versus Team Slayer" idea. I general avoid those, seeing how the story in Modern Warfare doesn't exist but I loved it in Halo: Reach. It just bothers me a bit.

As for my other replies, sadly I have never played other Tomb Raider games. Varcolac has though.

Those are MMO's and signifigantly different from a "Versus Team Slayer" idea. I general avoid those, seeing how the story in Modern Warfare doesn't exist but I loved it in Halo: Reach. It just bothers me a bit.

As for my other replies, sadly I have never played other Tomb Raider games. Varcolac has though.

I know those are MMO multiplayers. In your original post you never specified which type of multiplayer. Which is why I mentioned those MMOs, Merely answering that Square enix does in fact have multiplayer experience.

i love this game, im currently trying to 100% it 

i like how Lara changes as a character as the game goes on and i like the upgrade system, i am very hopeful for a sequel i would love that

No WiiU port means no chance in hell of me buying it, unless I save up a shitload of money for a new PS3.

Which is a shame considering I really wanted to play the reboot. I despised Underworld.