Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bushi no Tamashi

Samurshy

(edited)

This time, Arashi did react. His eyes actually turning downcast and forlorn.

"It is hard to know exactly what possessed your father to turn his back on his country. Although, maybe in his mind, he truly thought he was helping his country. This is all just guessing, though. As I said before, I have no idea who your father truly was. That is something you would have to ask him yourself. Only he would be able to provide you the answer to your question. Though, I can say,  your father fought with all his heart against me for his lord Kurai. That is a true fact."

Edited by Phoenix Flare

Saigo heard Akira walk up to the deck and mused his view over to her. "It's good to see you're awake, Akira. I hope you were able to sleep well." He commented. "It would appear that we're about halfway to Tani. And I've sent the guards to prepare us all a meal that should be ready soon." He added before he went back to observing the sea.

By this point, Rinsame had woken up from the movement of the guards downstairs. She slumped out of bed and grabbed her things, yawning as she did so. She walked outside and stretched at the door frame, looking around the ship.  Seeing this was by no means a covert operation, she left her robe behind.

Akira was hoping she could get off the boat as soon as possible but half way sounds like forever. 'Well at least I get to eat a nice and warm meal prepared on such a luxurious battleship.' She thought to herself before replying Saigo. "I'm glad a meal is being prepared as we speak. I'm famished!" she said, and moments later, her stomach growled softly.

This time, Arashi did react. His eyes actually turning downcast and forlorn.

"It is hard to know exactly what possessed your father to turn his back on his country. Although, maybe in his mind, he truly thought he was helping his country. This is all just guessing, though. As I said before, I have no idea who your father truly was. That is something you would have to ask him yourself. Only he would be able to provide you the answer to your question. Though, I can say, your father fought with all his heart against me for his lord Kurai. That is a true fact."

She shook her head, "If he- well, it's not important. The fact is he didn't and you're alive." She looked up at the stars and sighed. She'd had no contact with her 'father' in a long time. "Okay, fine. How did you know anything about me. I have no spectacular achievement, or any specific defining trait. I haven't proved any form of worth, providing no credentials. Nothing. I'm just a soldier, who spent a little time being a ninja. And a blacksmith."

Arashi sighed as he packed more tobacco into his pipe. He turned to Natsuki, with a melancholy expression.

"Your father was a boastful man. But the thing he boasted about the most was his daughter. He boasted about how goddess kyuhime chose his daughter to be blessed. He boasted about how great his daughter at combat, and how talented she was. He boasted about how cute his daughter was, and how strong she was. He always spoke about his daughter during mealtime. It was not that hard to believe that after he betrayed lord Hana for Kurai three years ago, that his daughter would be lost. To be truthful, our recon division were watching you. You were twenty-one years old back then, by no means were you immature. But you were used to having your father around, used to his love and support. To know that your father had betrayed his country... We thought you may defect with him. So we watched you, or more specifically a recon team watched you, as per my request. I was only 19 years old back then, a captain. It was before Hana delegated the Shogun position to someone else other than Kurai. He was making his decision as to who should be next shogun, and I was trying to do as much damage control as possible within our ranks. We weren't sure if you would defect, so I assigned a recon team to watch you. Needless to say, I was surprised to find out that you had broken the sword that your father gave you. We took that as the sign that you chose Narumi over your father..." Arashi was still looking at Natsuki, his expression still forlorn.

Arashi drew in the strawberry tobacco and blew it out his nose, like a dragon. 

"Technically, we have been keeping track of you ever since your father defected. You were our top pick for this job. Technically everyone who was chosen for this team was promoted. You all were chosen because your skills exceed those of everyone else's within our ranks. You should take it as a compliment" Arashi said

Isamu rose out of his bed with a start, as he was awoken by the siren song of Akira speaking of food. He took a short moment to admire his handiwork on the ship's walls, before exiting his room in search of Saigo, in hopes of finding food to sate his hunger. "Saigo-sama! I heard there's food! Where is it?" He said with a smile.

Saigo walked away from the railing of the ship he was leaning up against and turned for the entrance to the ship. "Yes there is food, calm yourself Isamu. It should probably be ready by now downstairs." He explained as he walked into the ship. Taking a few different turns this time, Saigo wound up in another big room with a table in the middle and a four seats. However, instead of paperwork and maps, plates of fresh food were being held up by the table.

Saigo took a seat, however at his end of the table he already had something prepared for himself. Smoked wolf meat over a bed of rice. He poured himself a glass of his sake and waited, to make it even weirder, it came out a diluted green color. Besides his own odd tastes, he had the guards prepare various dishes throughout the table, seeing he didn't know what anyone else liked yet. "Feel free to eat all you want." He said.

Rinsame heard everyone else walking towards a room she could smell food from. She quickly hurried off and found the group. She herself was practically famished from her own sleep and was glad to see the food on the table. 

Arashi sighed as he packed more tobacco into his pipe. He turned to Natsuki, with a melancholy expression.

"Your father was a boastful man. But the thing he boasted about the most was his daughter. He boasted about how goddess kyuhime chose his daughter to be blessed. He boasted about how great his daughter at combat, and how talented she was. He boasted about how cute his daughter was, and how strong she was. He always spoke about his daughter during mealtime. It was not that hard to believe that after he betrayed lord Hana for Kurai three years ago, that his daughter would be lost. To be truthful, our recon division were watching you. You were twenty-one years old back then, by no means were you immature. But you were used to having your father around, used to his love and support. To know that your father had betrayed his country... We thought you may defect with him. So we watched you, or more specifically a recon team watched you, as per my request. I was only 19 years old back then, a captain. It was before Hana delegated the Shogun position to someone else other than Kurai. He was making his decision as to who should be next shogun, and I was trying to do as much damage control as possible within our ranks. We weren't sure if you would defect, so I assigned a recon team to watch you. Needless to say, I was surprised to find out that you had broken the sword that your father gave you. We took that as the sign that you chose Narumi over your father..." Arashi was still looking at Natsuki, his expression still forlorn.

Arashi drew in the strawberry tobacco and blew it out his nose, like a dragon.

"Technically, we have been keeping track of you ever since your father defected. You were our top pick for this job. Technically everyone who was chosen for this team was promoted. You all were chosen because your skills exceed those of everyone else's within our ranks. You should take it as a compliment" Arashi said

"Everything has a price. It always has a price." She shakes her head and steps on the rail of the balcony, "The price of loyalty is usually pain. The price of disloyalty is honor. Thank you for your words, though in the future you should probably teach your recon team better... digression. And also, when you search for secret documents, you do not steal my undergarments. He got a good thrashing."

Arashi chuckled with a smile, rubbing the back of his head with his right hand. 

"Well, sorry about that. They were only supposed to have followed you and observed you. Heheh..." Arashi puffed on his pipe once more, the tobacco almost all burned up. 

"But rest assured, no body else will be tailing you any longer. No pun intended" Arashi laughed

Arashi chuckled with a smile, rubbing the back of his head with his right hand.

"Well, sorry about that. They were only supposed to have followed you and observed you. Heheh..." Arashi puffed on his pipe once more, the tobacco almost all burned up.

"But rest assured, no body else will be tailing you any longer. No pun intended" Arashi laughed

She raises an eyebrow, "Oh? And tell me, do you like bad puns, or staring at my behind?" I probably wouldn't mind him staring... he's not a bad looker himself. Mmm, but my commanding officer. I have a policy against that. Then again, considering my appearance I can't afford to be picky. The elderly already have me pegged for a solitary existence. Hmmm... no, not unless he returns a form of interest. And shows his combat prowess. I can't believe I'm thinking this... it must be late indeed. "I think I shall sleep now, if that's fine with you..."

As Fenikku raided Natsuki's underwear drawer (I think you know me by now XD ) paced in his room, he could feel his mind wandering into the bad thoughts. He picked up his sword, planning to go hit a practice dummy, but noticed his blade and remembered its change. He thought how his fire, a tool of senseless destruction, had actually healed the sword of its flaws, as if he'd burn away it's injuries and imperfections. "I wish I could burn him away..." he muttered as he thought about his Oni father and his brother's murder in his home on that horrible daaAAAHHHH!!! His mind halted as he pressed his hands to his head, his powers igniting his palms and burning him. He felt shocked, and surprised he'd actually been able to burn back those painful memories. He returned to his thoughts about his powers and started wondering what other beneficial applications they had... though not with such intelligent wording.

Edited by TheBreech
  • Brohoof 1

Akira heard Isamu calling for Saigo about food. 'I wonder what kind of relationship they have between each other..' She thought to herself as she followed Saigo towards a room filled with food. When she walked in, she was rather surprised at how much food there was. "You sure we can finish all that food, Saigo?" she asked before sitting down on one of the chairs.

Saigo thought for a moment. "I'm sure we'll be able to eat a good portion of it. And any untouched food will be eaten by the guards. Though the reason there is so much is because I wasn't sure what everyone wanted. Seeing everyone was sleeping, a few extra meals is the least of my concern." He explained. He got out a pair of chop sticks and waited around for Isamu. In the meantime he twirled around the sticks in his hand and in his mind he hummed a tune.

Rinsame slowly inched her hand over to a plate of food, but stopped when she got a death stare from Saigo. She knew he hated Starting meals without someone.

B-behind- s-stairing at-?  Arashi's mind immediately went into overdrive as he felt his face flush with embarrassment. He felt a deep anxious feeling in the pit of his stomach, as his heart thudded faster within his chest; images swirling within his head. 

Shit- what does she mean? Is this supposed to be banter? How do I reply- I can't even move my mouth. I need to say something right? She'll think I am wierd if I don't reply? Or will she? Maybe I can just play the silent type and not say anything whatsoever. That's right, if I be aloof, than maybe I won't seem like such a weirdo. But no, that would be weird init of itself. What kind of asshole would just stay silent at a witty rebuttal? That definitely seems out of place, but if I speak she will be able to tell that I am very embarrassed by her comment. Shitshitshitshit- What do I say? 

All of these thoughts and more were running through Arashi's mind as 20 seconds of dead silence passed. In that 20 seconds Arashi's facial expressions were quite interesting. His face, while first a bit red, turned completely flushed within ten seconds. His smile that he normally had turned into a frown, then a half frown half smile as if he was trying to force one or the other but his mind couldn't make up a decision. His eyes blinked frequently, and at one point he kept them closed for a solid 6 seconds because his thoughts were becoming too embarrassing.

Finally after 20 seconds of pure silence and weird facial expressions he spoke

"B-behind what...?" Arashi stuttered, knowing full well what she ment

Behind what!? BEHIND WHAT!?!? What kind of reply is that? You knew full well what she meant, and she knows it too. Now she probably just thinks you are some kind of jackass. FUCKINGSHITGODAMNASSHOLEPISSDICKALFGHJLSJOEJSLJDFLM

Arashi couldn't think straight anymore, his vision started to blur because of the amount of blood rushing to his head from embarrassment. The tobacco in his pipe was now officially all burnt up, and at this moment Arashi felt like jumping off the balcony. He seriously contemplated it as well.

Isamu finally reached the others with the food and sat down next to Rinsame "Hey guys sorry to keep you waiting." He said glancing at Rin. "This all looks great! Did you make it yourself Saigo?" He said jokingly. "So, should we discuss our plans for Tani?" Isamu then asked.

B-behind- s-stairing at-?  Arashi's mind immediately went into overdrive as he felt his face flush with embarrassment. He felt a deep anxious feeling in the pit of his stomach, as his heart thudded faster within his chest; images swirling within his head. 

Shit- what does she mean? Is this supposed to be banter? How do I reply- I can't even move my mouth. I need to say something right? She'll think I am wierd if I don't reply? Or will she? Maybe I can just play the silent type and not say anything whatsoever. That's right, if I be aloof, than maybe I won't seem like such a weirdo. But no, that would be weird init of itself. What kind of asshole would just stay silent at a witty rebuttal? That definitely seems out of place, but if I speak she will be able to tell that I am very embarrassed by her comment. Shitshitshitshit- What do I say? 

All of these thoughts and more were running through Arashi's mind as 20 seconds of dead silence passed. In that 20 seconds Arashi's facial expressions were quite interesting. His face, while first a bit red, turned completely flushed within ten seconds. His smile that he normally had turned into a frown, then a half frown half smile as if he was trying to force one or the other but his mind couldn't make up a decision. His eyes blinked frequently, and at one point he kept them closed for a solid 6 seconds because his thoughts were becoming too embarrassing.

Finally after 20 seconds of pure silence and weird facial expressions he spoke

"B-behind what...?" Arashi stuttered, knowing full well what she ment

Behind what!? BEHIND WHAT!?!? What kind of reply is that? You knew full well what she meant, and she knows it too. Now she probably just thinks you are some kind of jackass. FUCKINGSHITGODAMNASSHOLEPISSDICKALFGHJLSJOEJSLJDFLM

Arashi couldn't think straight anymore, his vision started to blur because of the amount of blood rushing to his head from embarrassment. The tobacco in his pipe was now officially all burnt up, and at this moment Arashi felt like jumping off the balcony. He seriously contemplated it as well.

(Link: I think I know which head your talking about)

"Hey, you okay?" She gets down from the rail and places a hand on his face, "You look flushed. We should get you to lie down, yah? Unless your using that tobacco... medicinally..." She frowns, "You aren't, you know, allergic to it, right?"

"I'm fine with talking about the plans about Tani, but don't you think we should just all relax and enjoy the food instead?" she replied Isamu before she slowly took a bit of everything onto her bowl and started eating with her chopsticks. "Mmmm, this is delicious!" she commented as she continued eating.

Damage control. Damage control! DAMAGE CONTROL! DAMAGE CONOTROLLLL!!!!! What should I say now? I should definitely lie. Something convincing. Oh I know! I should just say I am tired. That is believable. But what about the flushed face? Oh! I could say I had some sake before bed. Yes there we go. 

"Um... I must just be tired. You know... long day. And, also, I had some sake before bed. Yeah, before bed. It helps me sleep." Arashi said in a not-so-convincing tone. 

Nailed it!

Day 1460 as a deviant asian
I can only speculate on how long the ruse may last.

"Well Akira, I guess now is as good a time as any to tell you this. I've had feelings for you since our eyes first met that day yesterday. I will not know true happiness again unless you are by my side. Please, give love a fighting chance and marry me." Isamu then kneeled down with a ring made of a ham bone from the meal.

Damage control. Damage control! DAMAGE CONTROL! DAMAGE CONOTROLLLL!!!!! What should I say now? I should definitely lie. Something convincing. Oh I know! I should just say I am tired. That is believable. But what about the flushed face? Oh! I could say I had some sake before bed. Yes there we go. 

"Um... I must just be tired. You know... long day. And, also, I had some sake before bed. Yeah, before bed. It helps me sleep." Arashi said in a not-so-convincing tone. 

Nailed it!

Day 1460 as a deviant asian

I can only speculate on how long the ruse may last.

"You're breath would smell of it. You just smell of tobacco, with a underlying scent of too-long without a bath. We need you at one hundred percent tomorrow." She grabbed his hand and led him to his bed, "Lay down, sleep, and we might work on your talking to girls. The amount of pheromones in the air suggests fear, which is inappropriate for this situation."

Edited by Dawnpath - Dusktrail

The sound of glass shattering could be heard inside Arashi's mind, as his jaw dropped making the pipe fall from his mouth.

T-too long without a bath??? Whaaaa-

Arashi hung his head in shame; a dark aura of shame and depression surrounded him, partly because his ruse was uncovered, and partly because he had just been insulted. He let Natsuki lead him to bed, too ashamed and embarrassed to say anything.

I should probably commit seppukku, this display of inexperience has truly disgraced Lord Hana.

Arashi sat down on the bed in defeat, as he was bested by the open customs of the country, that he was not able to adhere to. 

The sound of glass shattering could be heard inside Arashi's mind, as his jaw dropped making the pipe fall from his mouth.

T-too long without a bath??? Whaaaa-

Arashi hung his head in shame; a dark aura of shame and depression surrounded him, partly because his ruse was uncovered, and partly because he had just been insulted. He let Natsuki lead him to bed, too ashamed and embarrassed to say anything.

I should probably commit seppukku, this display of inexperience has truly disgraced Lord Hana.

Arashi sat down on the bed in defeat, as he was bested by the open customs of the country, that he was not able to adhere to. 

She looks at him, puzzled, "Dude, what's wrong? Is it the bath bit? I have a sense of smell that I would love to destroy, but have been unable, despite countless years of trying. I could probably I can still smell Fenikku up here. Actually, definitely. The dude  could suffer two minutes with a bar of soap."

(Now stop going through my drawers, bro.)

"Oh, heh, I see..." Arashi felt a bit better knowing that. But he still felt horrible for being unable to hold up a solid conversation without getting ashamed instantly because of one small rebuttal. 

"I definitely need some sleep... But I did enjoy our conversation. Well... most of it at least. We have a big day ahead of us, so, it is probably best for the both of us if we try to get some sleep." 

He knew he definitely did not have to add this part, but felt it common courtesy anyway. 
"Oh and Natsuki-chan. Be careful on your way back to the living quarters. "

Saigo stopped eating, rice half way to his face. His head cocked to the side with a confused look. Before he actually scoffed out a small laugh when he saw Isamu's improvised ham bone ring. However afterward he looked even more confused than before. It had been quite a long time since he had laughed. In fact thinking of the times that he used to practically depressed him. He looked away from the scene, now lost deep in thought and continuing to eat silently.

Rinsame almost fell off the mat she was sitting on by trying to keep in her laughter. But eventually fell silent, a small tear in her eye.

She nodded and waved, going back to the balcony and flipping down. She decided to take the stairs from the fith floor however, and went straight to her room. Stripping down, she laid in her bed and quickly found herself drifting off into a peaceful sleep. With her tanto still clutched to her chest.