ooc Johto Storm (Pokemon RP)

Umbreon

Aw I had a Buizel in my platinum nuzlocke. It got Self-Destructed on while I was trying to grind it up to par with the Mt. Coronet Galactic Grunt guys. I must make Alery catch it! 

(edited)

I just wanted to give everyone a bit of a status update, since I've been cleaning things up a bit.

On the initial post of the OOC is the table of contents for descriptive posts, as I'm sure most are aware.  I just wanted to make a note that I've started going through the older ones and putting a line through the parts that are no longer applicable.  This may mean a few things:

1) The Pokemon that was there is now gone.  e.g. the Aipom that Cilla caught

2) The Pokemon that was there is still available, but they have moved.  You may run into them still if you look around.  e.g. the second Murkrow that Alery healed, or the Spearow that had attacked it.

3) That particular section has had a lot of interaction already and evolved (Heh, Pokemon pun) into something bigger.  e.g. the glowing webs that marked the Joltik nest.

Anyways, if you notice something you're interested in in an older post that is crossed out, either read up a little after that part or ask here in the OOC, I'd be more than happy to mention which situation it is in.

@@Glaceon

((OOC: Umbreon I'm curious. Are we the moves strictly limited to the game mechanics? Like I can only learn four moves and if Lumi learns a new attack she forgets a previous one? Also, how strictly implemented is the learning of moves? I was thinking to have Lumi learn aurora beam soon as a precursor to ice beam. The problem is aurora beam isn't in Glaceon's in game movepool))

As far as that goes, I'm sticking to game mechanics.  This has to do with balancing reasons primarily.  While Glaceon has a fairly small move-pool, others can have quite large ones.  No one wants to go up against Lance if his Dragonite can use all 3 elemental punches, Earthquake, Outrage, Dragon Dance, and Roost, right?  So in order to keep things balanced, only 4 moves per Pokemon.

An exception to this is with powerful and less powerful moves that are pretty much the same.  If your Pokemon knows Flamethrower, but you for some reason really want to catch that Rattata, you can feel free to have them hold-back and fire it off as an Ember instead.  Just make sure to let others know in the post that you're doing something like that.

As far as learning new moves, I'm going by that it has to be within their in-game move pool as of Gen 6.  Aurora Beam to Ice Beam might not be a big deal, but then we start to run the risk of people trying to abuse the system with loopholes.  So just to keep things simple, if it's not in their Gen 6 move list, they can't learn it.  No Rattatas running around with Giga Impact or Hyper Beam.

Edited by Umbreon
  • Brohoof 2

@@Glaceon

I believe you guys would be on Route 45, since you just left Blackthorn.  It's a rather long Route, and the closest one to the city.

As far as the encounter goes, as I stated before, I'm trying to get people out of the Pokemon video game mindset.  Wild Pokemon aren't going to jump out of tall grass and attack for no reason.  However, the descriptive posts are there for people to work with and to encourage RP interaction.  They may not be at risk of a random, unprovoked attack...  But Durant aren't normally known to be peaceful, and they are there on the Route.  Stumbling into some of their territory would be enough to initiate a confrontation.  I'm just trying to get people thinking more along lines like that, rather than wandering around waiting for the battles to come to them ;)

• Brohoof 1

Just thought I'd put it up here to ask everyone's opinions, but the new characters slowly making their appearances are going to be showing up again so I figured I'd offer.  They're basically the "bad team" for this RP, they go by the name Team Storm.  If anyone would prefer, I'd be willing to keep a list of them and their known Pokemon in the original post of the OOC, to better keep track of them.

Couple notes, there will be 12 of them in total.  There won't be any nameless "Storm Grunts" or anything, each of them is supposed to be a really strong trainer on their own.  Storm doesn't use grunts because they value strength, not numbers.

• Brohoof 2

Alright, went ahead and added a section to the original OOC post for it with the 3 members that have appeared so far.  I'll keep it updated as new members appear / more of their Pokemon are shown

• Brohoof 3

@@Glaceon,

Actually, I think he said we could decide when they evolved but to just be realistic about it. I mean, it would be easier if he decided but I'm not totally sure myself what would be the right time for mine to would evolve lol XD 

• Brohoof 1

Heya all! Posting from my phone at the moment because I've been at campus all day, end of semester busy time and all that, but anyways about evolution and learning new moves.

Yeah, I'm letting the players decide for the most part when to evolve their Pokemon. I still want you to run it past me first - either on here, through PM, over Skype, I'm not picky - but I'm not forcing evolution on anything anyone owns simply because some people might not want a particular Pokemon to evolve. On a similar note, if you want one to evolve but you're not sure when a good time will be, send me a message and I can offer when I think a good chance would be.

As far as evolutionary items, don't worry, I'll make sure to put the right kind in your path if you have a Pokemon that requires one. Anything that has weird evolution requirements (like trading) we'll handle in individual cases as they arise.

• Brohoof 2

I'm going to make a new character because of reasons. I won't actually introduce him til we get to day two, however.

First things first, are you a boy or a girl? 

Though I understand my hair is a bit long, that's a rather rude question. Boy, obviously.

What's your name? 

Elias.

Briefly, what do you look like?

Good question. Though I'd like to think of myself as tall, dark, and handsome, most people have told me I have golden hair and eyes, with only an average height and physique. My hair is a bit long for that of a male, and also fairly messy. I usually wear a white buttoned shirt with a thin red jacket overtop. The jeans I wear are rather baggy, and that of a beige color. I also wear black shoes. They were sneakers, last time I checked. Though don't take my word on this.

Give us a quick idea for your personality.

Well, let's see. What are the traits most women desire? Hmm. Can't think of those right now. I suppose I'll just state the truth. I'm a bit sarcastic at times, I suppose. A lot of people call me a "womanizer", though I don't force myself on anyone, that's for sure. I really couldn't care less about anything bad that happens to me, though I kinda lose it if anyone hurts someone or something I hold dear. I can be a bit overly confident at times, though there's quite a good reason for that, I assure you.

Where are you from originally?

I'm from Kalos. Lumiose, to be precise. Though I don't have the accent, for whatever reason. Probably because Lumiose frequents tourists.

How old are you?

20 on the nose.

What (one) pokemon are you bringing along on your adventure?  (And what moves does it know?)

That would be Elgyem. Elgyem acts as my eyes, more or less. His ability Telepathy allows us to communicate so I can tell where I'm going somewhat. He's very cautious, for multiple reasons I won't go into. I got the little guy as an egg when I was like five. He currently knows Miracle Eye, Cosmic Power, Psybeam, and Protect.

Elias is blind, if you couldn't tell. Let me know if there's anything wrong with the app. ^^

@@Leafeon

It looks good to me!  Adding him to the list.

Alrighty!

We already discussed this, but for the unaware, he'll be starting in Violet City. I'll be writing his intro post on day two, as it's pretty late.

• Brohoof 1

@@Glaceon,

Oh, sorry bud...I've just been going through a really rough patch in life...I haven't thought to reply...I'm sorry my friend :( 

You guys can remove me from the RP if y'all want...It wouldn't be hard anyways

• Brohoof 1

@@Glaceon,Oh, sorry bud...I've just been going through a really rough patch in life...I haven't thought to reply...I'm sorry my friend :( You guys can remove me from the RP if y'all want...It wouldn't be hard anyways

Hey, it's alright man. We all have times like this happen to us. No need to apologize. :)

Edited by Glaceon

Just a bit of heads up to anyone following the OOC here, I could no longer edit the initial post as it had seemingly gotten too large...  So, I sort of wiped out one of my posts further down on the first page (I think it's the 4th post), and have moved the Character section and Team Storm section to that post so I can keep them better updated.

• Brohoof 1

@@Glaceon

Agh! Sorry about that! I can edit my post if you want. It appears I didn't get the mention for your post. 

In other news, I drew Stella and stuff. I drew that other guy too, but he won't even be around til day two, so who cares about him?

XJzZ269.png

• Brohoof 4

@@Leafeon,

Nah it is a bit late to edit. It's all good. So no worries.

Nice drawing, I wish I could draw half as good as you.

Stella is pretty. :3

Edited by Glaceon
  • Brohoof 1