Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Proud or not?

Tabe

Yes very! Here is a song by BlackGryph0n about this type of question. :P 

That is the very same song that Made me open about being a brony in the first place... :)  /)

Great to be Different :By Forest Rain  Helped me accept that I was a brony if that makes sense...  it helped me accept who I was. :)     Sorry for getting off topic.

• Brohoof 1

Unashamedly and unabashedly so!  B)  

I don't spout it out to everyone unless the subject comes up, but when it does, "calmly shameless" is the best way I can describe it. I love it and praise it the same way I do Power Rangers or Star Wars.

I see no reason not to. I've never been one to follow the crowd, SO WHY START NOW?!  B)

This fandom has changed my life for the better in so many ways. I owe it, I belong to it, I champion it!

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

At the beginning, I was an extreme Proud Brony, but I gradually learned how awful the fandom was, I became less and less notorious about it. Soon enough, I ended up not being as ambitious towards the show, and no longer wanted to be called brony, rather 'fan of MLP.'

I'm proud to be a Brony and I'm open about it too. I mean, I don't go shouting it to the world but I don't really care if other people know. Plus, all the other Bronies I've met were great people and the community is one of the best.  

• Brohoof 2

When I first came to terms with the fact that I was a brony, I was pretty open about it except with my family. I wear an MLP dog tag everyday, have two hanging on my backpack, and sometimes wear an MLP T-shirt. In the last couple months I have become comfortable about it around my parents, and will display merch openly at home. 

I'm not pushy about it, but I'm certainly not afraid to identify as a brony, so I guess that makes me proud.

• Brohoof 2

Eh, I'm not really sure if there's any sense in being proud of being a brony...

Well, I can see two components to this; one is that personal preference which is when we're referring to liking the show and the other component being affiliated with the fanbase. So I guess the first thing you might want to consider doing is making clear what you are talking about; liking the show or affiliating with the brony fandom or both.

Most people would just assume you'd only be talking about liking the show. Being proud of watching the show, a personal preference essentially, can come off as pretty obnoxious. It's like being proud of your sense of fashion or choice in video game consoles. Saying that you're proud to affiliate on the other hand... Not totally sure how that goes, to be honest.

Generally speaking, however, I think it's silly to say that you are proud of being a brony be it because of the common interest or the affiliation. This isn't something that gets said out loud but when someone says "I am proud of this and that," people have the tendency to think: "Are you implying that I should be ashamed for not having done or being this and that?" That's why it can come off as obnoxious. Instead I would recommend replacing the phrase "proud to" with "happy to" or "content with" because you're not pushing your ego with that. People tend to give more respect to humility anyway.

I would have to respectfully disagree. There is plenty to indeed be proud of.

-We challenge society expectations and dare to be both passionate and compassionate.

-We took a niche group and turned it into a global phenomenon.

-We host conventions with our specific subject matter in mind.

-We create art of all scopes, mediums, and varieties in tribute to our beloved program.

-We have among the most diverse and accepting fan bases ever, no doubt assisted by the connectivity of the internet.

I say there is plenty to be proud of, even if it is worn silently.

It's kinda funny how it happened. See originally at first I thought I wouldn't like the new show. At the time I thought the original series was better because it had a darker tone to it. The new series I thought was for little kids more childish. My husband's friend likes the new show and he told me to give it a chance. So almost a year ago I started watching it. I had mixed feelings about it at first. Now? I love the series. And can say that because of the new series, I'm a brony. :) Am I proud to be one? Yes :)

• Brohoof 1

Yeahh, I'm quite proud :wub:

Honestly, I'm pretty sure I'd admit having a thing for Rarity if it came down to it :D 

I dunno, man; I guess I'm not too bothered by the awkward glares I get when I carry around a Rarity plush or wear a Rarity shirt in public :D 

Whatevs, man; I enjoy it and I'm hella proud of it, too :D

• Brohoof 2

Yeahh, I'm quite proud :wub:

Honestly, I'm pretty sure I'd admit having a thing for Rarity if it came down to it :D 

I dunno, man; I guess I'm not too bothered by the awkward glares I get when I carry around a Rarity plush or wear a Rarity shirt in public :D 

Whatevs, man; I enjoy it and I'm hella proud of it, too :D

Celestia bless you and Luna be with you then!  :lol:  . . . . . :)  . . . You like it? Little brony blessing for those who are spiritually inclined, like myself.  ^_^

Seriously though, that avatar image of Rarity.  :blink: . . . . I beg your pardon but DAAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUMMMM!  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

-We challenge society expectations and dare to be both passionate and compassionate.

This isn't exclusive to bronies. Furthermore, not all bronies act this way.

-We took a niche group and turned it into a global phenomenon.

So have other fandoms.

-We host conventions with our specific subject matter in mind.

So have other fandoms.

-We create art of all scopes, mediums, and varieties in tribute to our beloved program.

So have other fandoms.

-We have among the most diverse and accepting fan bases ever, no doubt assisted by the connectivity of the internet.

Statistics/proof please.

I'm proud to be a part of this fandom, and I plan on getting a MLP t-shirt sometime in the not too distant future. Also, I'm kinda regretting not getting too into MLP when the previous gens were on tv. I watched a little of it on Youtube, and even though there's this joke about ignoring the older gens, and there are brony videos where they make fun of the older gens, I think they're a lot of fun to watch, and can be as good as FiM (you just won't catch me watching gen 3.5 ever). I even like gen 3 Rainbow Dash.

Also, did it blow anyone else's mind that in gen 3.5, Scootaloo and Cherilee are sisters, but in gen 4, Cherilee is a fully grown mare and Scootaloo is a filly, and one of her students?

Sure. I'm proud! However I go out of my way to act casual and uninterested when looking at pony stuff in a store or something. I'm proud but...not brave.

I am proud because everyone know Im a brony in my school and when anyone askes like
A. "why do you watch it, isnt it for little girls"
my answer to this is have you tried it and if not don't judge if you haven tried it, or i say don't judge me if you cant judge yourself.

Im not really haveing the easyest time being a brony but it makes me really happy and has made me find fun things, so i wont quit because some people try to drag me down
(nobody knew what a brony was before i was one)

but yeah i would say Im a proud brony for I stand for it

post-25582-0-80441700-1395901582.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

Ummmm

I love and adore the show. I love watching it and speak about it. I wouldn't let anyone take this away from me. I even making some tiny art regarding MLP. I wouldn't bug anyone to watch it.

Am I proud? I don't know. I only know I love this :3

• Brohoof 1

Well, not really anymore. I will always love the characters and Lauren's vision for FiM. But for FiM itself? Probably not.

Honestly, I'm not interested in looking back on G4 anymore(at least FiM anyway) for various reasons. The only thing I look back on G4 was fan made content from fans, and that's about it.

It's just a TV show. Why do some people consider watching some TV show to be pretty much the same as a religion, sexual orientation or something else like that ("coming out" stories and such).

So yes, if someone asks me, I will say that I like MLP. I will not get into peoples faces with it, just like I do not list every TV show I like to every person I meet.